Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing

Old 06-22-2019, 01:49 PM #11
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 2055 Post(s)
Don Pichardo has a reputation beyond reputeDon Pichardo has a reputation beyond reputeDon Pichardo has a reputation beyond reputeDon Pichardo has a reputation beyond reputeDon Pichardo has a reputation beyond reputeDon Pichardo has a reputation beyond reputeDon Pichardo has a reputation beyond reputeDon Pichardo has a reputation beyond reputeDon Pichardo has a reputation beyond reputeDon Pichardo has a reputation beyond reputeDon Pichardo has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 73,035.61
Total Points: 80,800.18
Good post in my 'mayweather's toughest fight' thread. - punchr To go with your cup of joe. - punchr Stay caffinated. - punchr donut - punchr long live Big PUN! - -jose- 
great pics in the latina thread - Santa_ :beerchug: - -jose- Iím outta green - BERNIE'S CORNER 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
Brother, Rigondeaux is simply boring. He just doesnít throw punches. If his opponent, no matter how inferior, doesnít throw punches, neither does Rigo. Thatís not entertaining to watch in any sense. My favorite Rigo fight ó by far ó was his showdown with Donaire, a fight I attended. It was a masterclass, and put Rigoís skill and talent on full display. Sadly, and maddeningly, most of Guillermoís other bouts were like watching paint dry. And his quit-job versus Loma killed any and all interest I ever had in him.
I envy you for being at that fight. Saw it and was forever a rigo fan. Again rigo did what did he did to win the fight. Never more. Unfortunately for him and us. He won without risk. Boring for most. I enjoy him.
Don Pichardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 06-22-2019, 03:12 PM #12
Latin From Manhattan

Quoted: 932 Post(s)
CubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,245.39
Total Points: 27,811.74
victory is sweet , rigotard and proud!! - HUGH JASS Rigonation badge of honor! - dan_cov Have a beer to celebrate! - dan_cov Le ganamos! - Matty Ice We Finally Here, this is our moment!!! - Cubanborn87 
how Fredie Mercury would say...We are the champions..we are the champion...of the world.. - *ANGRY CUBAN* Voice of reason - P4P poster. ATG, NSB HoF. - damit305 Happy New Year CubanGuyNYC - TBear Thanks bro, Happy New Years! All the best for 2014. - dan_cov Great BoxingScene poster and top guy - a beer for my Cuban brethren! - PainfromUkraine 
true top notch poster - sugarsmosley intelligent poster, here's a sandwich to munch into - jas good lookin' out! - lefthook2daliva For the old drag queen. - Jalisciense909 Sour grapes, drag queen. - Jalisciense909 
Here you go man .. Always thought u represent us very well . I once referred to u as our &quot; diplomatic ambassador &quot; on here.  I think it suits u well !!!!! - Respect Power NSB Book of Wisdom - damit305 Happy Holidays! - MDPopescu No Message - stephenmc Cheers, brother! - anthonydavid11 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Pichardo View Post
I envy you for being at that fight. Saw it and was forever a rigo fan. Again rigo did what did he did to win the fight. Never more. Unfortunately for him and us. He won without risk. Boring for most. I enjoy him.
Iím glad you enjoy him, man. Not too many people do. And, trust me, I enjoy a good technician. Rigo was always just too inactive for me. So frustrating. His fight versus Nonito was quite different. I enjoyed it a lot, even when Rigo slowed down in the middle rounds. I was proud of him then. How times have changed....
CubanGuyNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 03:34 PM #13
20 million lil chuckles

Quoted: 3362 Post(s)
Koba-Grozny has a reputation beyond reputeKoba-Grozny has a reputation beyond reputeKoba-Grozny has a reputation beyond reputeKoba-Grozny has a reputation beyond reputeKoba-Grozny has a reputation beyond reputeKoba-Grozny has a reputation beyond reputeKoba-Grozny has a reputation beyond reputeKoba-Grozny has a reputation beyond reputeKoba-Grozny has a reputation beyond reputeKoba-Grozny has a reputation beyond reputeKoba-Grozny has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,264.17
Total Points: 22,653.16
No Message - MDPopescu giving gifts to legends - sugarsmosley to wipe the tears when bhop beats kovalev - jas knows his boxing - jas a good poster - jas 
Congrats on the newborn! - -KULT- Happy Father's Day, and congrats! :D - DionysusX Congrats! - MDPopescu Great posting, bro... - Tony Trick-Pony 
Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - 1hourRun 

Quote:
Iím glad you enjoy him, man. Not too many people do. And, trust me, I enjoy a good technician. Rigo was always just too inactive for me. So frustrating. His fight versus Nonito was quite different. I enjoyed it a lot, even when Rigo slowed down in the middle rounds. I was proud of him then. How times have changed....
I admire Rigo's mastery of his craft but yeah... seriously, the dude is two levels above most of his opponents and I can't grasp how he never seemed to understand the need to put on a bit of a show.
Koba-Grozny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 03:58 PM #14
Latin From Manhattan

CubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond repute
victory is sweet , rigotard and proud!! - HUGH JASS Rigonation badge of honor! - dan_cov Have a beer to celebrate! - dan_cov Le ganamos! - Matty Ice We Finally Here, this is our moment!!! - Cubanborn87 
how Fredie Mercury would say...We are the champions..we are the champion...of the world.. - *ANGRY CUBAN* Voice of reason - P4P poster. ATG, NSB HoF. - damit305 Happy New Year CubanGuyNYC - TBear Thanks bro, Happy New Years! All the best for 2014. - dan_cov Great BoxingScene poster and top guy - a beer for my Cuban brethren! - PainfromUkraine 
true top notch poster - sugarsmosley intelligent poster, here's a sandwich to munch into - jas good lookin' out! - lefthook2daliva For the old drag queen. - Jalisciense909 Sour grapes, drag queen. - Jalisciense909 
Here you go man .. Always thought u represent us very well . I once referred to u as our &quot; diplomatic ambassador &quot; on here.  I think it suits u well !!!!! - Respect Power NSB Book of Wisdom - damit305 Happy Holidays! - MDPopescu No Message - stephenmc Cheers, brother! - anthonydavid11 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
I admire Rigo's mastery of his craft but yeah... seriously, the dude is two levels above most of his opponents and I can't grasp how he never seemed to understand the need to put on a bit of a show.
You know what Iím saying? He fought a guy named Willie Casey in Ireland after a completely uninspiring performance in his previous bout against Ricardo Cůrdoba. It seemed Rigo wanted to make a statement, because he blew Casey out of the water in the first round. I hoped it was a sign of things to come, but I was terribly wrong. Apart from the Donaire fight, Rigo consistently did as little as possible to win a fight.

I have since come to the conclusion that Rigondeaux just doesnít care what anyone thinks, beginning with the fans. He just doesnít care. The Lomachenko fight was only the latest example. So why should the fans care? Fuck him.
Old 06-23-2019, 09:02 PM #15
Undisputed Champion

Don Pichardo has a reputation beyond reputeDon Pichardo has a reputation beyond reputeDon Pichardo has a reputation beyond reputeDon Pichardo has a reputation beyond reputeDon Pichardo has a reputation beyond reputeDon Pichardo has a reputation beyond reputeDon Pichardo has a reputation beyond reputeDon Pichardo has a reputation beyond reputeDon Pichardo has a reputation beyond reputeDon Pichardo has a reputation beyond reputeDon Pichardo has a reputation beyond repute
Good post in my 'mayweather's toughest fight' thread. - punchr To go with your cup of joe. - punchr Stay caffinated. - punchr donut - punchr long live Big PUN! - -jose- 
great pics in the latina thread - Santa_ :beerchug: - -jose- Iím outta green - BERNIE'S CORNER 

Quote:
What do yiur think of his performance tonight

Looks
Like he tried to change style to please the action type fans.

He was in the pocket most of the time.

He just said exactly that in the post fight interview.
Old 06-23-2019, 09:17 PM #16
Latin From Manhattan

Quote:
What do yiur think of his performance tonight

Looks
Like he tried to change style to please the action type fans.

He was in the pocket most of the time.

He just said exactly that in the post fight interview.
I’m away on business, and I couldn’t catch the fight, but I just watched a clip of the KO. Holy shit! That’s what Rigo was always capable of delivering. Few people understood his power, because he rarely opened up. Here’s a 38 year-old-man in a lower weight class, delivering bone crunching power.

On the flip side, one of my buddies who watched the fight tells me Rigo fought uncharacteristically, that he took too many punches and got rocked a couple of times. Yes, he obviously wanted to deliver the goods. And he did. But at what cost? And is it too little, too late?

Expand on your thoughts. I know you’re a lover of Rigo’s natural style.
Old 06-23-2019, 09:29 PM #17
Undisputed Champion

Quote:
Iím away on business, and I couldnít catch the fight, but I just watched a clip of the KO. Holy shit! Thatís what Rigo was always capable of delivering. Few people understood his power, because he rarely opened up. Hereís a 38 year-old-man in a lower weight class, delivering bone crunching power.

On the flip side, one of my buddies who watched the fight tells me Rigo fought uncharacteristically, that he took too many punches and got rocked a couple of times. Yes, he obviously wanted to deliver the goods. And he did. But at what cost? And is it too little, too late?

Expand on your thoughts. I know youíre a lover of Rigoís natural style.
What the fight. Itís worth it when you get back.

Yiur buddy is correct it was very uncharacteristic. He was fighting like Trinidad. Taking punches yes but dropping bombs and vicious upper cuts all night. He also went to the body non stop Rigo got stunned once and by next round the fight was over.

He has a new trainer. Letís hope itís not too late. Iíd like to see more of him.
Old 06-23-2019, 09:41 PM #18
Latin From Manhattan

Quote:
What the fight. Itís worth it when you get back.

Yiur buddy is correct it was very uncharacteristic. He was fighting like Trinidad. Taking punches yes but dropping bombs and vicious upper cuts all night. He also went to the body non stop Rigo got stunned once and by next round the fight was over.

He has a new trainer. Letís hope itís not too late. Iíd like to see more of him.
Sadly, Rigo will always be a case of ďwhat couldíve been.Ē Ronnie Shields is Rigoís new trainer. What a difference a new trainer can make. Wow.

Share This With Friends

User Tag List