No announcement yet.

Sounds Like Ruiz vs Joshua II Will Be At MSG

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 4truth View Post
    It's a good venue and is actually fairly neutral. On the other hand, it's a missed opportunity to tap into the huge West Coast Mexican fan base.
    If Andy pulls a back to back, West Coast it is!

Comment

Was always the most likely scenario. DAZN isnt paying him to put Joshua on in the UK at 5pm stateside.

Comment

They should do it Mexico.

First EVER Mexican(-American) HW Champ... you don't know if that'll ever happen again. They should really have it on Mexican soil while they have the chance.

It's historic.

Comment

Hell yeah!

They should do it on Mexican Independence weekend.

The East Coast Mexicans would pack the place.

Comment

The most natural venue for the fight I would say. Has several advantages too like
            - More money there than the UK
            - You cannot launch Joshua's US debut in Cardiff or Wembley, can you?
            - Anywhere else would dent Joshua's career...simple as that.
            - More neutral venue given Ruiz ain't an NYer either.
            - Expect an unending repetition from Eddie, "I told AJ this is dangerous. I told him you don't have to do this.
            But AJ wants to right the wrong where it happened"...as if he had a choice.
            - AJ has now had some familiarity with the city and the MSG. Won't be a new place for him and I expect him
            to move to the US for extended period of times now.

Comment

I watched a Hearn interview yesterday, almost everything he said pointed to it being in UK.

Personally, I don't care where it happens so this isn't me wanting for it to be in the UK.

Comment

Besides traveling annoyances, I don't get how location factors in as an advantage (excluding shaky scorecards).

All things being on the up and up, how does a crowd become an advantage ???

Comment

I think they might have to do it in the states because of the dazn obligations. NY makes sense because Ruiz doesn't really have much of a fanbase (admirers but we don't know if he can draw) and it's much easier for AJ's fans to make it over to NY than Vegas or Cali.

Mexico was never a serious option, IMO.

Comment

Working...
                  X