Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn: Andy Ruiz is Tougher Test For Joshua Than Miller Was

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still not how it works, the odds are not a reflection of what they think is going to happen, never are

Comment

Originally posted by Squ□redCircle34 View Post
      AJ will realize the hand speed and pop on Ruiz and gather that he can’t fight him at phone booth or much of mid range but at long range since he has the much superior reach advantage!

It will be sparring work for AJ by round 2, Ruiz too open and arms too short!

AJ by stoppage in 5
      Thank you my brother it’s nice to hear you to speak honest and candidly for a change. Will Ruiz fall on his back or his face?

Comment

Then why pick Miller in the first place?

Comment

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
          Still not how it works, the odds are not a reflection of what they think is going to happen, never are
          You can't seriously be this stupid. I never said what the odds makers think will happen. I said the experts view Miller as a bigger threat. Because of that, the odds makers have to reflect what they think the betting will be.

If Joshua was a 6 to 1 favorite over Miller, but a 16 to 1 favorite over Ruiz, clearly experts considered Miller a bigger threat. Not sure how you can dispute this.

Comment

Originally posted by Noelanthony View Post
            Thank you my brother it’s nice to hear you to speak honest and candidly for a change. Will Ruiz fall on his back or his face?
            2nd and stopped by the 6th

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
              You can't seriously be this stupid. I never said what the odds makers think will happen. I said the experts view Miller as a bigger threat. Because of that, the odds makers have to reflect what they think the betting will be.

If Joshua was a 6 to 1 favorite over Miller, but a 16 to 1 favorite over Ruiz, clearly experts considered Miller a bigger threat. Not sure how you can dispute this.
              Again that's not how it works, it's about the spread, they are thinking that more money will go on Joshua because the public will or is currently putting more money down on Joshua compared to Miller. This can be for a number of reasons, not just the likelyhood of the result, yes the result comes into play and it normally (not always) reflects on the chances of the result, but what you implied is dumb, it's not that simple as what the experts think is going to happen. If people start putting money on Ruiz then the odds will shorten, does that mean the experts are not so sure anymore?

The point of the odds are to make an equation that ensures the bookies make money no matter the result. It's because of idiots like you that they make so much money

Comment

Again that's not how it works, it's about the spread, they are thinking that more money will go on Joshua because the public will or is currently putting more money down on Joshua compared to Miller.
                Use your noggin' for a second. Why exactly would more money be going on Joshua in the Ruiz fight as opposed to the Miller fight? Could it be that Miller was viewed as a bigger threat?

Comment

Originally posted by methodcal View Post
                  2nd and stopped by the 6th
                  Lololololol

Comment

Again that's not how it works, it's about the spread, they are thinking that more money will go on Joshua because the public will or is currently putting more money down on Joshua compared to Miller. This can be for a number of reasons, not just the likelyhood of the result, yes the result comes into play and it normally (not always) reflects on the chances of the result, but what you implied is dumb, it's not that simple as what the experts think is going to happen. If people start putting money on Ruiz then the odds will shorten, does that mean the experts are not so sure anymore?

The point of the odds are to make an equation that ensures the bookies make money no matter the result. It's because of idiots like you that they make so much money
                    And me too

Comment

Originally posted by NachoMan View Post
                      No, its not that complicated. He's Mexican, so he eats 10-12 of those sweetbread conchas every morning for breakfast. My wife is Mexican and her bros both look just like Ruiz. All Chicano Mexicans over 6ft tall have that body (to include the tats).

Comment

Working...
                      X