No announcement yet.

The REAL reason why Tyson Furys team declined the rematch with Wilder

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The REAL reason why Tyson Furys team declined the rematch with Wilder

I have it on good authority that Tyson Fury and his team tried to make the wilder rematch happen in the UK. Bob Arum in the last minute talks tried to make the fight in the UK. However Wilders team were insisting on it being in the USA for financial reasons and also for home advantage. Tyson fury’s team declined as they did not want to get robbed again.

So before calling Tyson Fury a duck or a chicken, check your facts. Stop calling him these names. His history proves he fights anyone, anytime, anyplace, as long as he gets a fair shake.

You can see Tyson Fury vs #2 ranked WBO HW in the world Tom Schwarz on June 15th, Las Vegas. Do not miss it.

Tyson Fury vs Tom Schwarz, June 15th, tickets should be going on sale soon, do not miss out.

Why isn't he fighting Schwarz in the UK?

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
      Why isn't he fighting Schwarz in the UK?
      I'm going to guess here, but I am going to assume his response will be

-"huh?"

Comment

Then why isn’t his nextfight in the U.K. if that was the case Arum would of said that. Instead he said the rematch would be better for 2020. The real reason is probably due to Wilder team not allowing Fury to cheat Vada testing again

Comment

Originally posted by TysonFuryTBE View Post
          I have it on good authority that Tyson Fury and his team tried to make the wilder rematch happen in the UK. Bob Arum in the last minute talks tried to make the fight in the UK.
          You are lucky you get to type that junk on the net. You would not be able to look me in the eye and tell me that honestly with a straight face.

Although at this point it seems Wilder made a stupid mistake not taking dazn deal, we have to give Wilder credit for the risk of fighting Ortiz and Fury back (then wanting Fury rematch). Wilder isn't the greatest talent and without that belt, he's got very few chips on the table.
          Fury on the other hand thinks he's the A side and doesn't even have a belt to lose. If he did, he'd be holding it hostage BJS style. Pathetic.

Comment

I have it on good authority that Tyson Fury and his team tried to make the wilder rematch happen in the UK. Bob Arum in the last minute talks tried to make the fight in the UK. However Wilders team were insisting on it being in the USA for financial reasons and also for home advantage. Tyson fury’s team declined as they did not want to get robbed again.

So before calling Tyson Fury a duck or a chicken, check your facts. Stop calling him these names. His history proves he fights anyone, anytime, anyplace, as long as he gets a fair shake.

You can see Tyson Fury vs #2 ranked WBO HW in the world Tom Schwarz on June 15th, Las Vegas. Do not miss it.

Tyson Fury vs Tom Schwarz, June 15th, tickets should be going on sale soon, do not miss out.
            Lol, you're still at this bull****?

If the main hang-up was money, Fury could've easily made that viable; his guarantee was for $17.5m for ****'s sake.

Assume that's a 50/50 share, you're talking about $35m in guaranteed money here; Guarantee Wilder $20m, guarantee Fury $10m, and make a run at the event in the UK (Old Trafford hosts the fight, BT Sport carries the fight on box office, and Showtime hosts a day/night airing of the fight in the US).

Too bad Fury wanted the location and the money, lol.

Comment

Tyson fury’s team declined as they did not want to get robbed again.
              None of the judges were American. What's your next excuse?

Comment

Wilder offered Fury a 50/50 split for the rematch even though the WBC made it 60/40 in Wilder's favour, I know Fury wanted the rematch in the UK but honestly he isn't big enough in the UK and Wilder would never leave america/showtime with the WBC belt. But you cannot spin this and put the blame on Team Wilder for the rematch not happening.

Comment

... Now: "Britain's Tyson Fury says he wants his WBC heavyweight rematch with Deontay Wilder to take place at Manchester United's Old Trafford ground." (source: BBC.com, Dec 5, 2018)

... ...

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
                    ... Now: "Britain's Tyson Fury says he wants his WBC heavyweight rematch with Deontay Wilder to take place at Manchester United's Old Trafford ground." (source: BBC.com, Dec 5, 2018)

... ...
                    Look at this guy quoting the BBC when TS has a direct source from Tyson

Comment

Working...
                    X