Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A fight that makes sense for Mike Alvarado....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Rios wins his next fight they should both take a year off and have a farewell third fight. I'm not sure either of them has more than one good performance left and based off options a trilogy fight would have the most buzz I can see either creating at this point in their careers.

Comment

Mike is still a good fighter he was outclassed by a legend. He is a welterweight and need to work his way back. Nobody has taken as much punishment as mike has in six consecutive fights. He is a young 33 and can still be a a contender at 147.

Comment

The Alvarado before the PRovodnikov fight would NEVER of backed off Marquez after dropping him. The guy is completely shot, hes starting to show signs of brain damage too. He should retire or atleast take some serious time off.

Comment

Omar Chavez at 154

Comment

Put him up vs a pillow puncher or two, let him build up his confidence. Rios x2, Provo, Marquez in 2 years can ruin a dude. Each one of those 3 hit hard

Comment

Well I was thinking close to 147. John looked like a Welterweight when he fought Lucas. He weighed the same as Mike on fight night.

Comment

Originally posted by sugarsmosley View Post
                alvarado is just good enough to continue to be fed to these top guys as comeback fights,, he prolly wont take too long a layoff. hes kinda like the top rank version of josesito lopez.
                Dang great post, sad but true. Alvarado vs Lopez would be a great fight. I'm a big fan of Alvarado but he does need to take some time off. I also think that his trainer is too limited, at this stage thought I don't know how much good that will do

Comment

Yep, this would be a great fight indeed. The loser should really think about retirement because both have been in some wars in their career. Plus the loser won't have much of a chance to redeem themselves in the sport.

Comment

Working...
                  X