Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where would you rank Prime Aaron Pryor in todays 140 and 147 lbs division?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
    Pac has better pop than The Hawk?
    Yes. I think in a single punch sense, Hawk has more of a thud to his punches. Kind of like a wrecking ball attached to a string effect. I'll give him that.

On a punch by punch basis, I think Pac can deliver more velocity on his punches, and can deliver them at a faster and more devastating manner.

If this makes sense at all.

Comment

I don't like Aaron Pryor's style at all. He was so all over the place and so sloppy. I can't really see how he'd beat too many of the elites of today.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
        I don't like Aaron Pryor's style at all. He was so all over the place and so sloppy. I can't really see how he'd beat too many of the elites of today.
        I don't think so either.

Such an overrated fighter IMO. I was never impressed by Pryor.

His claim to fame is claiming Leonard ducked him when it was actually Pryor who turned down the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by SLICK WIT View Post
          At 140, he'd lose to Pac, and only Pac, due to same stamina, but Pac having better pop.

Pryor would be Floyd's worst nightmare.
          And he has Pacquiao as his avatar. Pac beats him, Pryor beats Floyd. Of course.

Comment

Uh oh, NSB's 2 biggest Floyd slurpers.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
              I don't think so either.

Such an overrated fighter IMO. I was never impressed by Pryor.

His claim to fame is claiming Leonard ducked him when it was actually Pryor who turned down the fight.
              His resume is almost a desert.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                A myth that's been mysteriously attached, that's how I see it. Fun fighter to watch though.

Comment

If Prior was at 147 right now, there'd be 2 superstars stuck down at 135.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
                    Pac has better pop than The Hawk?
                    lol, can you really compare the fighters pacquiao has fought to the long list of stiffs pryor fought as title defenses.....

pryor gets severely overrated on here. he was a great fighter, but Leonard and duran would've beaten him.

If Pryor wanted the Leonard fight so bad he should've accepted the "lowball" offer of $500,000.

Comment

Originally posted by sugarsmosley View Post
                      lol, can you really compare the fighters pacquiao has fought to the long list of stiffs pryor fought as title defenses.....

pryor gets severely overrated on here. he was a great fighter, but Leonard and duran would've beaten him.

If Pryor wanted the Leonard fight so bad he should've accepted the "lowball" offer of $500,000.
                      Pryor has a lot of knockouts but the difference in competition between Pryor and Pacquaio is staggering.

Comment

Working...
                      X