Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are all american athletes genetically superior superhumans?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
    American educational establishments invest disproportionate amounts of money into athletics and sports development, plus you have a population of over 300 million.

Apparently you.

Interesting that you don't think to mention cricket. Are Americans suddenly good at cricket? Or don't you think that cricket is a "thing on a big level"? I suspect it's the latter. You don't know how big cricket is because you're an insular xenophobe who discounts sports played by brown people.
    Ha.......cricket.....jesus. If I was in a country that enjoyed it, I'd be singing a different tune I'm sure.

I'd like to see Europeans get into Baseball, that's a sport that could do well worldwide.
    Last edited by 4Corners; 02-11-2013, 10:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by HooksInYou View Post
      Here is the Olympic medal rankings when controlled for population:

1. Jamaica
      2. Slovenia
      3. New Zealand
      4. Denmark
      5. Hungary
      6. Belarus
      7. Lithuania
      8. Great Britain
      9. Australia
      10. Kazakhstan
      11. Croatia
      12. Cuba
      13. South Korea
      14. Mongolia
      30. USA

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jasonobe...-medal-counts/
      dayum

Comment

Originally posted by HooksInYou View Post
        Here is the Olympic medal rankings when controlled for population:

1. Jamaica
        2. Slovenia
        3. New Zealand
        4. Denmark
        5. Hungary
        6. Belarus
        7. Lithuania
        8. Great Britain
        9. Australia
        10. Kazakhstan
        11. Croatia
        12. Cuba
        13. South Korea
        14. Mongolia
        30. USA

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jasonobe...-medal-counts/
        That isn't the world we live in though, is it???

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
          Ha.......cricket.....jesus

I'd like to see Europeans get into Baseball, that's a sport that could do well worldwide.
          So you laugh at Cricket but prop up Baseball?

Comment

A lot of bitter Brit's on here. I mean we're talking controlled populations and average medals, to justify why the United States win the Olympics usually, and is either 1st/2nd/3rd in the winter.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
              So you laugh at Cricket but prop up Baseball?
              If you lived here, and I lived there, it'd be reverse. That's the way of the world.

Sure there's lots of bitter Americans who just trash Europe, but there's way way way more bitter Europeans that have it out for Americans it seems.

Both are tough sports, anyone who argues otherwise is a fool.

But I mean, we're adjusting population averages for medal counts, simply because the United States wins usually.

Comment

A lot of bitter Brit's on here. I mean we're talking controlled populations and average medals, to justify why the United States win the Olympics usually, and is either 1st/2nd/3rd in the winter.
                actually were saying your sporting success in the Olympics is down to population size, and economics.

Watch what happens (/already is happening) as China and later on Brazils economy improves...

America and its system isnt special, its just a normal nation with normal people in it.

Comment

If you lived here, and I lived there, it'd be reverse. That's the way of the world.

Sure there's lots of bitter Americans who just trash Europe, but there's way way way more bitter Europeans that have it out for Americans it seems.

Both are tough sports, anyone who argues otherwise is a fool.

But I mean, we're adjusting population averages for medal counts, simply because the United States wins usually.
                  Both are tough sports, it was you who was condescending towards cricket not me towards baseball.

For an example of why the rest of world can get bitter on this subject, see the Rugby thread. Where there are claims that Americans from a different sport could walk into an international and hugely competitive sport like Rugby and 'dominate' it.

Edit: the population thing isnt new. We in the UK have always considered ourselves far worse than Australia at sports despite medal counts due to their population size. This hasnt just been made up to crap on the US

Comment

Well, good to see Earl kicking the hornets nest for the billionth time on this...

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
                      actually were saying your sporting success in the Olympics is down to population size, and economics.

Watch what happens (/already is happening) as China and later on Brazils economy improves...

America and its system isnt special, its just a normal nation with normal people in it.
                      Really? So why has America been so successful in everything it's done?

Comment

Working...
                      X