Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Khan-Bradley: *Now* Who Are You Picking?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Khan-Bradley: *Now* Who Are You Picking?

Khan's taken a lot of heat in the week since the McCloskey fight, and I was wondering if it has been enough to make the NSB posters change their picks. From what I remember, a lot more people were picking Khan to outbox Bradley after their respective fights in December and January. How do you guys feel about the fight now?

I think the Khan that showed up against McCloskey will have a long night against Timmeh. Bradley's going to bring the pressure same as Maidana, but he's loads faster and lands a lot more punches. Khan is going to have to be in top shape and ready to execute Roach's game plan. He's going to need to use his hand speed and legs to land on Bradley then get the **** out of the way before Timmy's big ass head comes crashing in.

I'm still picking Khan, but he really really really shouldn't have fired Ariza.

Who are you guys picking?
    Amir "King" Khan
    58.97%
    Timothy "Desert Storm" Bradley
    41.03%

im picking khan cause i want a super fight between him and ortiz.

Comment

Khan beats Bradley
      only knock on Khan is his chin
      Maidana couldn't get him out
      Bradley sure as hell won't be able to

Comment

khan.
        never seen anything great or capable of beating khan in bradley.
        i dislike khan but he is quicker than tim and has a good coach to set out a gameplan.
        i think'll it go like maidana/khan within the first 9 rounds, but to a decision, or khan can possibly stop him. but i'm not too sure. i wish bradley would KO khan, but i don't see it happening. maidana couldn't even do it, no way in hell bradley comes close to it...also, with both of them and their headbutting, the fight can be stopped before 12 and itll be a blowout for khan on the cards.
        Last edited by chiguy91; 04-25-2011, 01:06 AM.

Comment

None of you guys think the pressure, along with the hand speed and accuracy, that Bradley brings will give Amir any trouble? Look what it did to Devon Alexander, who looked an excellent boxer against Urango.

Bradley isn't *amazing* at anything, but he's really good at everything, and he's got the style to give Khan some trouble. I think people are writing him off a bit much.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
            None of you guys think the pressure, along with the hand speed and accuracy, that Bradley brings will give Amir any trouble? Look what it did to Devon Alexander, who looked an excellent boxer against Urango.

Bradley isn't *amazing* at anything, but he's really good at everything, and he's got the style to give Khan some trouble. I think people are writing him off a bit much.
            Khan too quick for Bradley to swarm
            and he isn't a good defender
            Khan's handspeed, footspeed, accuracy>Bradley's
            frustrating fight for Bradley, he loses on points

Comment

From what I remember, a lot more people were picking Khan to outbox Bradley after their respective fights in December and January. How do you guys feel about the fight now?

I think the Khan that showed up against McCloskey will have a long night against Timmeh. Bradley's going to bring the pressure same as Maidana, but he's loads faster and lands a lot more punches. Khan is going to have to be in top shape and ready to execute Roach's game plan. He's going to need to use his hand speed and legs to land on Bradley then get the **** out of the way before Timmy's big ass head comes crashing in.

I'm still picking Khan, but he really really really shouldn't have fired Ariza.

Who are you guys picking?

I'm not one of those people.

I like your reasoning except imo, the pressure will be too much.

This will be the biggest fight of Bradley's career and the thing that has carried him this far with his not extravagant gifts is his character. Sheer determination. I don't see this intangible vanishing all of a sudden on the night he fights Khan.

War Bradley!!!

Comment

Bradley doesn't have near the power of Maidana, but he does have noticeably more than Malignaggi and McCloskey. Bradley is also a smarter fighter than all 3 and faster.

Maidana's power clearly effected Khan. It threw off his rhythm and timing. Well Bradley doesn't have that power I do think his pop will have an effect on Khan, enough to effect his rhythm and timing. When Khan doesn't have those 2 things he really struggles. Timmy will continue to aggress him, and I think give him fits all night.

Tim will do little things all night that will effect Khan, and Amir really struggles when he gets thrown off his gameplan. Khan won't be able to time Bradley like he could the other 3 for a few different reasons (Maidana=Poor Speed, Malignaggi=Poor Power, McCloskey=Poor Speed and Average Power at best).

I take Bradley by UD 116-112.

Comment

i honestly think alexander had a bit of an off night, let alone, was frustrated so he gave up. the cut was the perfect opportunity for him to call it a day. mccloskey was a stay busy fight, it wasn't something he needed to train really hard for imo, that's why he looked the way he did, including paul's style as well. roach will know what to do against bradley, and khan should've learned his lesson from staying a bit open against maidana. as much as a threat bradley may seem, i don't think the idea of it will live up to it when the fight actually happens. just my opinion. i'm kind of writing bradley off because i know khan can take the decision while bradley doesn't have the skills to stop him. so what i'm trying to say is...if bradley doesn't stop him, khan will get the decision (and we know bradley isn't known for that)....

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Malone View Post
                    Bradley doesn't have near the power of Maidana, but he does have noticeably more than Malignaggi and McCloskey. Bradley is also a smarter fighter than all 3 and faster.

Maidana's power clearly effected Khan. It threw off his rhythm and timing. Well Bradley doesn't have that power I do think his pop will have an effect on Khan, enough to effect his rhythm and timing. When Khan doesn't have those 2 things he really struggles. Timmy will continue to aggress him, and I think give him fits all night.

Tim will do little things all night that will effect Khan, and Amir really struggles when he gets thrown off his gameplan. Khan won't be able to time Bradley like he could the other 3 for a few different reasons (Maidana=Poor Speed, Malignaggi=Poor Power, McCloskey=Poor Speed and Average Power at best).

I take Bradley by UD 116-112.
                    even though i don't see this happening, great post bro. i hope bradley proves me wrong, but we'll just have to wait and see

Comment

Working...
                    X