Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pacquiao fans: "Mayweather is too big. Cotto? OK...he's the perfect size!!"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mother**** Pac v Cotto. I don't wanna see that fight.

Comment

Originally posted by QUISQUEYA View Post
      There is some pretty obvious ducking going on here... and this time, it isn't from Team Mayweather.

Why was it OK to fight Oscar at 147...but Floyd at 147 is "too big and monstrous"?

Why is Miguel Cotto just the right size...but Floyd is too big?

Strange.

Is it that Floyd is "too big"... or "too good"?
      I don't see where anyone is saying Floyd is bigger than Cotto, that's maybe what you're presuming.

Both Cotto and Floyd could eventually fight Pacquiao and NEITHER fight will be at 140. Chances are both Floyd and Cotto would make the 145 catchweight (which technically is still within the WW limit). The "LIMIT" is 147, WW doesn't start at 147

Comment

...and to the folks who keep calling Pacquiao "a featherweight".

Roach believes that’s a huge misconception, “Because Manny’s getting used to the 140 pound weight. He’s punching better, he’s settling into the weight much better now. He’s knocking sparring partners out, which he doesn’t do too often. We’ve gone through about four sparring partners this time. The thing is, by fight time, Ricky’s going to be heavier than Manny - but that doesn’t make you stronger. Manny’s become a very strong 140-pounder. Everyone thinks he’s a blown-up 112-pounder and ‘22-pound but that’s not true. He’s really developed into this weight. He had trouble making 135, he felt like he was starving himself. So that’s why we went to 147. But ‘40 is the best weight for Manny, I feel.”
        And that 106lbs line is bull**** too.

Floyd started at 106 just like Manny did.

The only difference is that Manny went pro at 16 because he was strapped for cash, so he skipped the Amateurs.

Whereas Floyd did what most fighters do, and went to the Amateurs for experience.

But they both started at 106, and within a year, both of them had moved to 114. Then up to 125, and so on.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post

The only difference is that Manny went pro at 16 because he was strapped for cash, so he skipped the Amateurs.

Whereas Floyd did what most fighters do, and went to the Amateurs for experience.

But they both started at 106, and within a year, both of them had moved to 114. Then up to 125, and so on.
          Floyd weighs 148 pounds for 147 pound fights.

Pacman weighs 148 pounds...for 140 pound fights.

THEYRE THE SAME SIZE.

Comment

Floyd vs Pacquiao, 142lbs catch weight. Make it happen!

Comment

I got a question for you man, I was thinking about Aaron Pryor ealier, in that thread that was about Floyd vs. Pryor.

How is Floyd-JMM all that different from Pyror-Arguello. Does the 4 extra pounds make the fight that much worse.

Comment

There is some pretty obvious ducking going on here... and this time, it isn't from Team Mayweather.

Why was it OK to fight Oscar at 147...but Floyd at 147 is "too big and monstrous"?

Why is Miguel Cotto just the right size...but Floyd is too big?

Strange.

Is it that Floyd is "too big"... or "too good"?
                Lol what? I think you are confusing things. Most people are saying that Cotto at 147 is suicide for Pac but Cotto said he would fight at 140. Either way it is the much more dangerous fight. Pac might lose to Floyd but he could have his career ended vs Cotto. Cotto is better than Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by The 5* General View Post
                  Floyd weighs 148 pounds for 147 pound fights.

Pacman weighs 148 pounds...for 140 pound fights.

THEYRE THE SAME SIZE.
                  That, too.

I was just saying, I see Pacfans always claiming Floyd as a natural Welterweight, and they always bring up Manny fighting at 106 in the beginning of his career.

What they don't bring up, is that Floyd did, too.

The only difference was Manny went pro because he was broke and needed money, whereas Floyd went to the Amateurs like most pro's do.

And they both moved up in weight very similarly, both jumping to 114 by the time they turned 17, and then to 125 by the time they were 19.

Comment

Originally posted by BmoreBrawler View Post
                    Lol what? I think you are confusing things. Most people are saying that Cotto at 147 is suicide for Pac but Cotto said he would fight at 140. Either way it is the much more dangerous fight. Pac might lose to Floyd but he could have his career ended vs Cotto. Cotto is better than Floyd.
                    HAHAHAHAHAH based on?

The surely Cotto should be the P4P king....

EVERYONE....trsiners boxers...everyone KNOWS that Cotto is not better Mayweather.

Comment

That, too.

I was just saying, I see Pacfans always claiming Floyd as a natural Welterweight, and they always bring up Manny fighting at 106 in the beginning of his career.

What they don't bring up, is that Floyd did, too.

The only difference was Manny went pro because he was broke and needed money, whereas Floyd went to the Amateurs like most pro's do.

And they both moved up in weight very similarly, both jumping to 114 by the time they turned 17, and then to 125 by the time they were 19.
                      People here just hate Floyd...and dont see what hypocrits they are.

Comment

Working...
                      X