No announcement yet.

Javier Capetillo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eaner0919 View Post
    there was no love lost between the people within the team but Tony and Cap had a strong bond so it was hard to convince Tony that Cap was a bad dude

I shared stories prior to all this about how Cap wasn't the best of people

he is no fall guy. He was the black sheep of the team and always had been

I will say this much the vibe of the team from camps that Cap ran and the one Grandpa ran is like night and day
    I always heard that Capetillo was a great motivator and made a really solid handwrap and thus was highly sought after for that reason. Technically he is obviously very limited judging by the way Segura fights.

Comment

Originally posted by MindBat View Post
      The question remains: Will Margo pursue litigation against the CSAC?

Cause if he ain't, he can't complain that he was shafted by them and move on.

He admitted guilt and was hardly remorseful when questioned in the hearings.
      He really should sue them for incompetence and conspiracy. But I disagree about him admitting any guilt.

He didn't admit to nothing.

Comment

true, i dont think there has ever been a statement from capetillo admitting to antything.

btw, who is in capetillos stable of fighters right now?

Comment

Originally posted by Dick Buffman View Post

Nah, it was actually the lightest possible penalty. When someone does something serious, they are suspended for life. A la Resto.
          No. It was the harshest. Thomas Hauser:

The options available to the California State Athletic Commission ranged from taking no action against Margarito and Capetillo to a fine, suspension, or revocation of their respective licenses (the maximum penalty under law). In the event of revocation, either man would be free to reapply after one year with no guarantee of reinstatement. An irrevocable permanent ban was not an available option.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
            So as I said it was the harshest penalty possible. I think it would have been a somewhat lesser penalty if it was only 'cotton balls' as suggested by Dick Buttman.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
              NO.

The harshest would be a lifetime suspension. Like Resto.

Besides, I know you're Danish, but take my word for it, CA is a joke of a state and a joke of a commission.

There's so many instances where their incompetence has put fighters at risk that for them to stand up there and talk about "safety" is laughable.

Its easily one of the worst boxing states in the Union.

Comment

Originally posted by Dick Buffman View Post
                NO.

The harshest would be a lifetime suspension. Like Resto.

Besides, I know you're Danish, but take my word for it, CA is a joke of a state and a joke of a commission.

There's so many instances where their incompetence has put fighters at risk that for them to stand up there and talk about "safety" is laughable.

Its easily one of the worst boxing states in the Union.
                No offense to you but I believe Hauser here.

I'll give you this: The CSAC might have a motive to penalize Marg harshly to divert attention from their own supervisor doing an awful job.

Comment

Originally posted by any craic lad? View Post
                  This news to me id be interested in knowing if he was.Interestingly enough hes got two world champs again on his hands Segura and Vazquez and both look pretty good especially Vazquez.I wonder what will happen in PR when he goes there with Segura to fight Calderon
                  Capetillo can not go to Puerto Rico and be Segura's trainer because he does not have a license. He would have to reapply for a license.

http://www.primerahora.com/endudarol...do-412911.html

Comment

Originally posted by oc9979 View Post
                    Capetillo can not go to Puerto Rico and be Segura's trainer because he does not have a license. He would have to reapply for a license.

http://www.primerahora.com/endudarol...do-412911.html
                    Because Puerto Rico isn't it's own country anymore, It's the United States.

Comment

Originally posted by Sombras View Post
                      Because Puerto Rico isn't it's own country anymore, It's the United States.
                      It was never a country, so what's your point?

Comment

Working...
                      X