Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let's start the year off right, Mikey vs Salido, who you got?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mikey Mike all the way!! Taking bets!! Anyone?? Feel free to visit my betting page by clicking the link below.

Comment

Salido is battle tested, he has proved his worth in wars and Garcia hasn't. Is that a factor? Yeah but it can favor either. We actually don't how much did Salido's fights with Juanma take from him. Maybe that wear and tear will take a toll on him. It's close, I want to see what happens if Salido takes Mikey to war.

I'll pick sides and go with the champ. Salido by decision.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
        honestly, i don't think the words tough and garcia go together. he's a well schooled boxer with a ton of punching power and a huge frame, but he's not a natural fighter. if it's a tough fight i favor salido. if mikey can't keep salido away, or land his own power when siri tries to land, i think salido will hurt him.

it should be a terrific fight.
        Nice assessment, NE. I agree with you. I've always said Mikey is very well-schooled. If it wasn't for his punching power, I'd say he's completely manufactured. Another thing Garcia has going for him, though, is his patience. Mikey is very methodical. I think it's worked for him in the past and might help him against Salido. A less mentally disciplined fighter would crumble more easily against Orlando. Still, I believe Salido is a true warrior. If Garcia can't impose greater skill and technique on "Siri", he'll finally cave-in during the later rounds. I think Orlando will test Mikey's heart as the fight wears on. I'm expecting the old lion to win this one; but if Garcia pulls out a convincing victory, he's arrived.

Comment

Mikey's coming out party.

Garcia late stoppage

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
            Nice assessment, NE. I agree with you. I've always said Mikey is very well-schooled. If it wasn't for his punching power, I'd say he's completely manufactured. Another thing Garcia has going for him, though, is his patience. Mikey is very methodical. I think it's worked for him in the past and might help him against Salido. A less mentally disciplined fighter would crumble more easily against Orlando. Still, I believe Salido is a true warrior. If Garcia can't impose greater skill and technique on "Siri", he'll finally cave-in during the later rounds. I think Orlando will test Mikey's heart as the fight wears on. I'm expecting the old lion to win this one; but if Garcia pulls out a convincing victory, he's arrived.
            I'm actually in the process of finding a picture that you can rock for a month.

Comment

Originally posted by PACnPBFsuck View Post
              I'm actually in the process of finding a picture that you can rock for a month.

I'll gladly display it if Mikey can pull off the victory. You've been touting the kid for a long time now. Garcia will be confirmed if he beats Salido. Just make sure the pic is something tasteful. lol

Comment

Mikey if he stays with his Counter Punching and don't get caught up in trying to be impressive and exciting and start Brawling and Exchanging with Salido

Salido could also overwhelm the young fighter with Pressure, kinda of a big leap for Mikey as far as Level Of Competition Goes!

Comment

salido tko ....overwhelms mikey

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post

I'll gladly display it if Mikey can pull off the victory. You've been touting the kid for a long time now. Garcia will be confirmed if he beats Salido. Just make sure the pic is something tasteful. lol
                    I was just looking at that thread where me and you were going at it with Mikey vs Gamboa, that got out of hand quickly. But don't worry, maybe a KO pic would work.

Comment

Working...
                    X