Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Victor Conte is a fraud. Andre Ward and Donaire should not work with him.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Victor Conte is a fraud. Andre Ward and Donaire should not work with him.

I have no idea why boxing fans journalists who cover the sport..etc don't see the big deal that some of the biggest names in boxing have no problem working with one of the most infamous drug baron in the history of sport. I could name many other sports where this man would get shot down and is completely banned from, but boxing for whatever reason welcome this man with open arms and see no problem with P4P boxers getting help from Conte. That's insane.

Imagine Nadal Djokovic and Federer getting some new improved supplements and other stuff from Conte. It would've been a huge scandal and nobody would take them serious had that been the case. They would lose thier credibility, most likely lose their sponsors and the International Tennis Federation would advice them to get their s_hit together and stop working with him.

Conte loves the limelight and is an intelligent and charismatic person so it's easy to like him but you can't trust this man at all. As skilled as Floyd is in the ring Conte is just as skilled when it comes to create different types of supplements and designer steroids. He also knows exactly how to beat any drug test. For Conte it's like taking candy from a baby...Dude is a snake and no matter how much he tries to convince everybody that he's not a cheater anymore he can NOT be trusted. Everybody should be very suspicious when world class athletes feel the need to hire Victor Conte.

Apparently Nonito Donaitre is the first boxer to agree to random blood and urine testing 24 hours a day, 365 days a year by the Voluntary Anti-Doping Agency (VADA).

Every boxer should obviously do this. However It's kinda funny that the first boxer to agree is a Conte client. Reminds me of another Conte client - Marion Jones. While working with Conte she was always very vocal about stricter drug testing and she loved the fact that in Track and Field you could get tested any time any place during the whole year and cheaters should be BANNED FOR LIFE in her opinion. She even came out with a book called "Marion Jones & the Making of a Champion" where she talked about how clean she was and how much she hates drug cheats.

It's unfortunate that two of the biggest names in boxing Andre Ward and Nonito Donaitre work with this scumbag and nobody thinks it's weird. I hear people say "He's all about antidoping now" "it's good to have him in the sport". boxers should work with him and blablablabla. Now that's being naive as hell. Once again world class boxers should not be associated with him PERIOD.

Great boxers but you have to very suspicious when it comes to these two:

Last edited by VatoMulatto; 11-26-2012, 08:30 AM.

I also find it weird that Donaire agrees to Olympic style testing with VADA who Conté works for. Seriously, if he created the testing procedures you know he knows a way to beat them.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

To tell you the truth, it's not a good look

Comment

Conte did his time. He's been the single loudest voice in helping the Feds and illustrating how tests are beat. Furthermore he is one of the few that takes USADA and WADA to task on their BS.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeRo1972 View Post
          Furthermore he is one of the few that takes USADA and WADA to task on their BS.
          Of course he will. They are his chief rival. I'm pretty sure he would do whatever it takes to discredit them. He would love to have the contracts that USADA has.

And agree with what another poster said. Donaire having year round testing doesn't mean anything. I'm pretty sure Conte knows how to beat his own tests.

Comment

Victor Conte is not running VADA. Margaret Goodman is the person behind that organization. Conte gave Goodman some recommendations for testing but ultimately he is not a member of that organization.

Comment

Originally posted by Chemolina
              Victor Conte is not running VADA. Margaret Goodman is the person behind that organization. Conte gave Goodman some recommendations for testing but ultimately he is not a member of that organization.
              Hmmm just think about what you just said. He recommended it so don't you think he knows how to beat the tests?

Comment

andre ward stopped working with conte almost 2 years ago

Comment

It really doesn't look good. Obviously Conte is a bona fide expert when it comes to nutrition, but can they really find no other nutrition experts good enough to work with them?

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
                    Hmmm just think about what you just said. He recommended it so don't you think he knows how to beat the tests?

I accept that there are probably ways to beat a test. My statement simply reads that Conte is not a member of that organization (VADA)so he would not have reason to trash USADA other than the fact that USADA testing is more inadequate than what VADA provides.

Margaret Goodman received input from various sources.

Comment

Working...
                    X