No announcement yet.

Working out enough

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Working out enough

aight at this point I'm kinda spamming the threads but i finally found a site where I can ask all my questions to people that actually can answer.

I started boxing like 6 months ago, training boxing to just be able to defend myself
    Time has passed and my boxing skills clearly evolved, but so did my goals. I am so in love with the sport and I would want to turn pro sometime.
    The problem with me is that lately I find myself thinking ,,Am i working out enough?"
    I'm trying to workout twice a day, do my best, but 3 days later I still think it's not enough.
    due to covid and lack of boxing gyms in my area I can't get a coach, so I just have to make my workouts myself, but I feel like I'm not working out enough, even tho my workouts are pretty much exhausting

How do I know I workout enough and how do I stop thinking I'm not

Originally posted by Kalonee View Post
    aight at this point I'm kinda spamming the threads but i finally found a site where I can ask all my questions to people that actually can answer.

I started boxing like 6 months ago, training boxing to just be able to defend myself
    Time has passed and my boxing skills clearly evolved, but so did my goals. I am so in love with the sport and I would want to turn pro sometime.
    The problem with me is that lately I find myself thinking ,,Am i working out enough?"
    I'm trying to workout twice a day, do my best, but 3 days later I still think it's not enough.
    due to covid and lack of boxing gyms in my area I can't get a coach, so I just have to make my workouts myself, but I feel like I'm not working out enough, even tho my workouts are pretty much exhausting

Where do you live? And how old are you?..........Rockin'

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
      Where do you live? And how old are you?..........Rockin'
      I'm almost 17, and I live in Romania.

Comment

I'm almost 17, and I live in Romania.
        That's a long drive (and boat ride), good luck finding a trainer.

I started when I was 14, pro at 21. Dream big and train hard every day. You will do what ever you allow yourself to do.

Perseverance and dedication. That's what it's all about. Good luck! ......Rockin'

Comment

Make yourself a strength and conditioning schedule and boxing training schedule. Stick to you it. Even if you feel like you’re not doing enough, stay on the schedule. It’ll build discipline. If you need coaching, the best you might be able to do is searching social media. I’d recommend a million styled boxing. Great job tho. Keep it up. Train hard young man.

Comment

To be honest u should never think what u are doing is "good enough." You should form a routine 1st and foremost. From there you should record your workout gradually increasing reps, time, or adding weight when necessary. Without a gym or a Coach, I'd say just do lots of Roadwork & Burpees.

Shadow boxing and a slip bag are also two great ways to train when u don't have much to use. Hell u can even use handwraps to help bobbing and weaving.

Lastly, if theres no boxing gyms near by, try a Martial Arts gym. U might be able to get a MMArtist that needs stand up work. At least u will get a live body to spar.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post

Lastly, if theres no boxing gyms near by, try a Martial Arts gym. U might be able to get a MMArtist that needs stand up work. At least u will get a live body to spar.
              Agreed.

Comment

You get stronger when you are in recovery, NOT while you are training 'Physiologically speaking, because of course mentally achieving something you have never done before can instantly boast you'.

Training is a acute stressor on the body, which forces your body to adapt and become? Stronger, fitter or faster etc

That is what is happening when you train, you are stressing your body 'Your body then, wants to prepare itself FOR the next time it encounters that stressor so? During recovery, IT adapts and forces itself to become stronger, fitter or faster.

You have to just listen to your body, NOBODY on this forum knows your body better 'Than you'. You are not going to find any books published online 'About your body specifically'.

You have to develop a sense, a instinct 'You have it already'. In some sports you see athletes display this instinct very apparent 'Body builders I would say, develop this instinct' They know when they are training too little or too much etc

Note: Pay attention to how you feel after workouts, pay attention to your life outside of training 'Are you laid back, amped up or annoyed'. Pay attention to the degree of effort you put into workouts, and in general your state of being day to day etc

In general I think overtime you will develop a instinct, it is like with anything 'The more you do it, the more experience you get' you develop instincts and a higher form of understanding.

Don't put a limit on yourself, and always self reflect 'At this stage in your life? I will not tell you, NOT to do something.

Me personally I am not a proponent of training multiple times per day, but I came to that conclusion for now 'through experience'.

Depends what people class as a workout.
                Last edited by PRINCEKOOL; 01-01-2021, 07:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
                  That's a long drive (and boat ride), good luck finding a trainer.

I started when I was 14, pro at 21. Dream big and train hard every day. You will do what ever you allow yourself to do.

Perseverance and dedication. That's what it's all about. Good luck! ......Rockin'
                  Why did you stop fighting when you did?

Comment

You want to get enough rest/recovery to support your workout. If you workout too much and dont let the muscle recover you will never grow any muscle. Working out you only tear down the muscle fiber you are actually damaging your muscle, when you rest is when your body rebuilding your muscle big and stronger. This is why bodybuilding usually split their workouts cause the breakdown only applies to that particular muscle so while you biceps are recovering you can still workout your legs and vice versa and so on and so on.

My recommendation for you is...

Eat 5 times a day, 20 grams of protein at least.
                    Get 8 hours of sleep
                    Hit every muscle group no more than twice a week.

Doing this will put you in the most opimally setting for yourself to grow as much as possible.

Comment

Working...
                    X