Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Starbucks shop boots police officers because customer ‘did not feel safe’ around them

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by USMCer View Post
    There are Police Departments that reject applicants based on their IQ being too high (and the courts have upheld it). We're not dealing with the best and the brightest in the Law Enforcement profession, lets be real. And if I'm not mistaken, this particular line of posts/replies was in regards to the public's level of trust in the police. And again, they are TRAINED LIARS. Anyway...

Would you please complete this expression for me:
    Absolute power [________] absolutely.
    ''And the theory behind it? -

“Those who scored too high could get bored with police work and leave soon after undergoing costly training,” ABC News reported back then. While at least acknowledging the basic fact that such a policy might be “unwise,” the court deemed it had a “rational basis” because it was put in place to lower cop turnover.''

As for your cliché, here's one for you...
    who gives a fu ck ???

Stop being a felon lover.

Comment

Originally posted by Curtis Harper View Post
      ''And the theory behind it? -

“Those who scored too high could get bored with police work and leave soon after undergoing costly training,” ABC News reported back then. While at least acknowledging the basic fact that such a policy might be “unwise,” the court deemed it had a “rational basis” because it was put in place to lower cop turnover.''

As for your cliché, here's one for you...
      who gives a fu ck ???

Stop being a felon lover.
      Guy, that doesn't work with me. It's not either or. No one believes that. Even people like you who use that line/that notion, don't actually believe that; either "back the blue" or you are a "felon lover". That's re-tarded.

You can have a sensible perspective on the idea of abuse of authority and not be a "felon lover" (whatever the fu&k that's supposed to mean).

Comment

My question is does Tempe, AZ even have any issues with cops? That I know of, i’ve never heard of any police brutality coming from there. Then again, I don’t follow the depressing thing called news so I wouldn’t know.

Comment

There are Police Departments that reject applicants based on their IQ being too high (and the courts have upheld it). We're not dealing with the best and the brightest in the Law Enforcement profession, lets be real. And if I'm not mistaken, this particular line of posts/replies was in regards to the public's level of trust in the police. And again, they are TRAINED LIARS. Anyway...

Would you please complete this expression for me:
          Absolute power [________] absolutely.
          Lol that’s nuts. Which police departments are those?

Which police departments even have IQ tests?

I know for the majority of pd’s all you need is a HS diploma or GED, and for some pd’s associates and bachelor’s, and master’s degrees may give you extra pay.

NYPD requires 60 college credits minimum. I personally know of NYPD officers with law degrees, masters degrees, and a very common one is bachelor’s degree. The craziest one i’ve seen is an NYPD officer with a PhD. All that schooling just to end being a cop. But I get it, it’s just a back up. You gotta do what you’re happy with and if you get injured you have a job anyway because you have higher education.

I’m still interested to see what police dept’s reject applicants with high IQ’s. That sounds weird.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
            Lol that’s nuts. Which police departments are those?

Which police departments even have IQ tests?

I know for the majority of pd’s all you need is a HS diploma or GED, and for some pd’s associates and bachelor’s, and master’s degrees may give you extra pay.

NYPD requires 60 college credits minimum. I personally know of NYPD officers with law degrees, masters degrees, and a very common one is bachelor’s degree. The craziest one i’ve seen is an NYPD officer with a PhD. All that schooling just to end being a cop. But I get it, it’s just a back up. You gotta do what you’re happy with and if you get injured you have a job anyway because you have higher education.

I’m still interested to see what police dept’s reject applicants with high IQ’s. That sounds weird.
            I laughed too, when I found out.

It's not to belittle the individual people who become cops, but it's telling on the macro level. Generally, the weaker-minded are more easily controlled. In Law Enforcement (and in the military) ya need a whole lot more order-followers than critical thinkers.

Comment

Guy, that doesn't work with me.
              And that's all that matters, sport

The super smart applicants go straight to upper management/levels of law enforcement.

Comment

Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
                If you want to see that dude go full retàrd, just ask him what weight class 155 is in.

He had me entertained for about a week with that BS
                that thread had like 1000 replies lol

guy has heart i'll give him that

Comment

Working...
                X