No announcement yet.

Analogue Super Nt

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
    Nice to know someone is making these consoles work on modern UHD TVs. Now if someone can just do that with the original NES as well, so you can play all the light gun games on on a modern TV and not have to deal with any lag on Mike Tyson's Punch Out!, then you'll really have something there too.
    He did release a NES but that once cost first 500$ and then larer on it was lowered to 450$. All of them are out of stock and might be permanently though so they go for even more than that in Ebay.

The light gun relied on the technology behind old CRT's so that aspect was not possible to replicate.

Comment

Originally posted by Little Mac 91 View Post
      I'm not sure about those things but i think he plans to. But then there will be no original controller to plug in and no original carts to insert either so i wouldn't like it...
      Damn near perfect emulation for other consoles on the same machine sounds like a pretty good deal to me.

You don't need carts just roms...

Comment

Originally posted by lightsout_finit View Post
        Damn near perfect emulation for other consoles on the same machine sounds like a pretty good deal to me.

You don't need carts just roms...
        I know but it's the authentic feeling of actually using the old technology i'm talking about. It's a part of the overall experience even if not the strictly gameplay one.

Comment

I know but it's the authentic feeling of actually using the old technology i'm talking about. It's a part of the overall experience even if not the strictly gameplay one.
          I can totally appreciate where you are coming from!

But for me it's just about playing the games!

While we're on the subject of , I bought the Super Retro Trio HD. It's not very good....

Comment

I can totally appreciate where you are coming from!

But for me it's just about playing the games!

While we're on the subject of , I bought the Super Retro Trio HD. It's not very good....
            Yeah most of these kinds of system are pretty bad and have different problems with how the games run. I mostly want NES SNES and Genesis and i think Analogue do plan on developing a Genesis. The developer has been a little ambiguous in his talk

Comment

Yeah most of these kinds of system are pretty bad and have different problems with how the games run. I mostly want NES SNES and Genesis and i think Analogue do plan on developing a Genesis. The developer has been a little ambiguous in his talk
              You ever shop on Aliexpress??
              The chinese have some great clones.

I have a russian mega drive clone lying around some where.
              lol It's actually the best megadrive clone I've ever seen....

Comment

You ever shop on Aliexpress??
                The chinese have some great clones.

I have a russian mega drive clone lying around some where.
                lol It's actually the best megadrive clone I've ever seen....
                Never bought there no. I don't buy clones when i can always just stick to the original if no remade console can replicate it to the fullest.

Comment

I believe that there is an even better option that I ordered on aliexpress using Alitools. A stationary console with DataFrog retro games. It features an SD card slot and the ability to record your downloaded ROM games, including hacks. Yes, I did not forget the review for this model-the DataFrog retroconsole. The review has a complete list of sewn-up Nes/SNes/GBA/Mame games, a way to download your ROMs. There is also a highlight in this model — you can save your progress through the game to a non-volatile memory cell and continue after. The joysticks are universal, wireless, two pieces (included).
                  Last edited by DennisMay; 07-29-2021, 05:19 AM.

Comment

Well, alright I'm gonna get some defensive responses or ignored probably but someone should still try.

Hardware emulation, that is, arranging new chips to perform the tasks the chips that used to be produced used to perform, is not any better than software emulation. No one makes the video chip used in the Super JVC VCRs anymore. What is made now can handle far, far, more than what used to be used. The circuit itself dictates the use of these chips where as in a computer/soft emu what you have are chips that can be used for various uses being limited to only perform simple tasks. The software dictates the circuit rather than the circuit being set by the hardware. What used to be in the SNES and other game machines was mostly parts made for other things, that's why I mentioned super vhs/vcr. Those were the video processors for a lot of systems. The audio processors were the same as found in your sony walkman and **** like that.

They love to say it's not emulation because it is hardware, but, it is emulation, there is no such thing as new old parts factories. There's no huge bank of SNES parts warehoused to buy. Nintendo themselves would re-release a new exactly as the old hardware snes if Nintendo could make them anymore. It is impossible.

To really narrow in on what I mean take a look at the current state of tape decks. Yes, 80s-90s era mostly audio but a few decent early computers too like the ZX or CPC. You can build you a new old computer that can only handle playing like as if it is a ZX Specy and I'm sure you'd get plenty of people excited about its lack of software needed to run, but, what is totally impossible is putting a new tape deck in that machine that performs as the old tape decks used to. Because there is only one company producing one design for a tape deck. I mean the bit with the head, cap wheel, and spindles you actually put your tape into. That head is cheap. As in it was an option and you probably bought one in the 80s-90s on cheap hardware that ate tapes. The good heads are gone. Even if you buy a new-retro system and spend a lot of money, over 1k, to have a great tape deck what you have is something great everywhere else but its head. It's a cheap one there because that's all that is made anymore. You can't build a new ZX because you can't buy ZX tape decks anymore.

Can't buy any of those old chips anymore either.

So what you actually have is hardware limitations that make it impossible for the emulation to perform in any manner other than what it was developed for. If you can't set up a SNES emu without getting delays and such nonsense it might be your best bet. The idea it runs like a SNES is silly though.

Take anyone of these hardware solutions claiming to be genesis and give it a bump. The genesis had a special I just took a bump screen. These do not...because it's not a genesis, it is a system limited down to seem very much like a genesis but there's nothing it can do that your PC can't.

Not saying not to buy them or that it's a waste of money. I own a ****ton of goofy hardwares and these really are not ones that I'd call goofy. Hardware emulation has its place, it's good stuff, but a lot of people seem to sell themselves on a superior experience which is just impossible. Easier to use and get the results of a perfectly running RPi but not superior in anyway.

What is emulation? Software forcing hardware to perform as if it is different hardware right? What is software? Just some code to dictate the flow of electricity through a chip. If I wire the chip so that the flow is set I don't need the code to direct it anymore, but, the exact same thing is going on, the same circuit is being made in both situations. You get the same results. There's no such thing as "hardware mimicking hardware" You can't make a v12 be an I-4 but you can limit that v12 down to an I-4. If you shut off some cylinders to get comparable power and performance you can always turn them back on. If you take them out you still just have an I-4 performance but without the ability to go back. It's the same. There's no taking some kind of dvd video processor or better, an actual gpu, and making it be a VCR processor. There's a few ways to limit it to make it seem rather similar but it's still what it is, it's a gpu limited down not a video processor being pushed to its limit. Might not seem like much distinction there, but, that's the whole point. There isn't much distinction. If you're on a PC running win98 or better you have well more than enough power to emulate a SNES. If you're super smart you can wire it so it just happens but you're not doing anything the software solutions can't outside of software solutions can get well ****ed up where as a hardware solution is set in stone and no matter what changes you make they're all going to be okay and compatible with one another.

I might even have an analog. I bought a ton of these ****s, I even own a coolboy which is just the worst.

Comment

Working...
                    X