A quick story about Floyd, Haymon and Margarito

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah Floyd didn't want that.

Comment

Floyd might have ducked him, but i also think he would have boxed circles around Margarito

Comment

Even if he did duck him, he probably would have beat him anyway. Be honest with yourselves. Floyd is just THAT good. Much better than Margarito and probably would have beat the **** out of him.

Risk vs reward, it probably would have been tough for Floyd no matter how much he beat Margarito up. Floyd would rather fight an opponent not as tough in order to take less punishment/the possibility of taking less punishment. That is Floyd's formula and he's been open and vocal about it. He doesn't hide it and it's no secret. Still don't understand why people make such a big deal out of it.

Comment

Comment

99% chance Floyd wins but you don't get credit for a fight you avoided.

Comment

Originally posted by Hmabshir View Post
              Floyd margarito would have been an interesting fight but margarito would have been beaten by decision as the guy has a granite chin and Floyd couldn't KO him.
              I always wanted to see that fight. Just to see how Floyd was going to handle Margo who was a big strong pretty tall WW who threw tons and tons of punches and then you had his constant pressure. It would've been a very tough fight for Floyd

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigLug View Post
                Floyd might have ducked him, but i also think he would have boxed circles around Margarito
                Yeah I think Floyd would have won but Tony would give him hell.

Comment

Originally posted by Aristocrat View Post

that was when Floyd pooped his pants

Comment

Originally posted by Porter's Dad View Post
                    Full article is on the Ring website - it's by Hauser, about the upcoming freakshow.

I'll just leave this bit from the article here:

Floyd Mayweather is the biggest ducker the sport has ever seen.

Never fights a fighter that is on a hot streak.

Only fights when he is the clear favorite, then stacks the deck in his favor with the ref, the ring, the gloves and the judges.

Has spies in the opposition camp.

But his fanboys love him.

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post
                      May weather avoided margarito...so what....

Margarito was loading his gloves
                      Maybe he was, Seems unlikely though, because a corner man from the other team can watch his hands get wrapped, check out the wrapping and watch them get gloved up.

How stupid were all this corner men?

But even if he was, Floyd and Haymon didn't know that.
                      They just knew they wanted none of it.

Comment

Working...
                      X