No announcement yet.

Floyd Mayweather: Sage Trainer?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floyd Mayweather: Sage Trainer?

What if Floyd decides to train a fighter but let's say and make it interesting. A fighter that is special and has loads of talent.

Would Floyd ruin the fighter if he trains in about everything he does?

Would he be best as a motivational trainer/conditioning guru /analysts type of guy for a young talent?

Speak your minds

you can never train anyone to be like anyone you just teach them the fundalmentals and some tricks and they develop that into their own style. Cause you fast twitch muscle might not be as fast as floyd and your reflex might be slower and your hand eye coordination might be off and your sense of balance might not be up to par as mayweather now how will you ever teach that guy to fight like mayweather? you cant.

Comment

Originally posted by !VIVA MEXICO! View Post
      you can never train anyone to be like anyone you just teach them the fundalmentals and some tricks and they develop that into their own style. Cause you fast twitch muscle might not be as fast as floyd and your reflex might be slower and your hand eye coordination might be off and your sense of balance might not be up to par as mayweather now how will you ever teach that guy to fight like mayweather? you cant.
      Well that's what I meant, would Floyd be able to give a young talent the knowledge to win with that said persons own abilities.

Maybe the question is, how would Floyd Mayweather as a trainer be?

I lean he'll be great as a motivator and guy who can get you fights cuz of his connections.

Comment

Originally posted by Squ□redCircle34 View Post
        Well that's what I meant, would Floyd be able to give a young talent the knowledge to win with that said persons own abilities.

Maybe the question is, how would Floyd Mayweather as a trainer be?

I lean he'll be great as a motivator and guy who can get you fights cuz of his connections.
        I think he'd be a great strategist because he's not a fighter that relied on speed, power and physical ability, he carefully chose the things that would fit his own physical and mental attributes and put them to use, then when he got older and couldn't do some of the things he used to do, he got back to the things that his body would allow him to do and still won in a dominant fashion against the best fighters in the world, that in itself proves that the man is a boxing scholar and not just a guy who had talent. Of course his work ethic is something that he can plant in any fighter he trains cuz he truly believed in it too.

The challenge would be patience? would he be patient enough with fighters that don't pick up on the stuff he says too quickly? would he get frustrated seeing his fighters making mistakes they shouldn't make? that mental aspect is key and we would never know until he actually starts training fighters.

Comment

IDK

But he'd be good doing the commentator job Roy Jonez has

Comment

I think a great fighter training a great fighter is probably a disaster more often then not. Or if not a disaster just doesn't work out well. In particular if that great fighter is Floyd.

I'm sure there are certain great fighters with personalities that would work better with this scenario, but it'd have to be a guy who's able to take a backseat which I believe to be a thing great fighters are less than comfortable with doing. I mean part of what makes a great fighter is his drive & passion for achieving what he is trying to achieve & how can you ever put as much passion in another person as yourself when you've been so used to only focusing on yourself?

And it seems like great fighters hardly ever go into training in the first place so that kinda says right there that they don't have the requirements to do the job generally. The only person I can think of off the top of my head who's a great fighter who's training is RJJ these days & I think he's had virtually no success with training yet.

Comment

IDK

But he'd be good doing the commentator job Roy Jonez has
              I think Mayweather would be great at teaching proper fundamentals and helping to create fight strategies. Not sure he'd be a good coach overall though, it takes a tremendous amount of time to mold a fighter into something special. Mayweather doesn't seem to have that type of selfless attitude...

Mayweather might be able to read a few scripted lines as a guest commentator but I doubt he'd ever reach the levels of professionalism as Paulie or Foreman. That's not a knock though, public speaking isn't for everyone....

Comment

Originally posted by firstborn View Post
                I think Mayweather would be great at teaching proper fundamentals and helping to create fight strategies. Not sure he'd be a good coach overall though, it takes a tremendous amount of time to mold a fighter into something special. Mayweather doesn't seem to have that type of selfless attitude...

Mayweather might be able to read a few scripted lines as a guest commentator but I doubt he'd ever reach the levels of professionalism as Paulie or Foreman. That's not a knock though, public speaking isn't for everyone....
                Floyd would be advanced commentator

Prior to him general public didn't know what pullcounter, check hooks, etc were

Comment

Originally posted by firstborn View Post

Agree. Floyd ain't a good public speaker on the level you need to be as a commentator. Go listen to his recent running of the Badou Jack/James DeGale co-headline presser if you doubt me. He takes too long saying basic ****. He has weird pauses & makes odd points. It looks awkward as f#ck. I think he picked the thing (Promoter) where he'll have the most post-boxing success.

Comment

i heard he might train some people for the Middle-distance running events in the Olympic games

Comment

Working...
                    X