Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kirkland's Manager: Wolfe Will Make Difference for Cotto Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They need to stop putting these trash ass fights on PPV.

Comment

Cant please everyone! Cotto is looking for a highlight reel KO to build interest in a Canelo rematch and here's what he found. Its business, whatever. If the undercard isn't garbage I'll probably go.

Comment

Originally posted by Gentblue View Post
        I'm I the only person who slightly favors Kirkland in this???
        Kirkland of 6-7 years ago would of had a chance. Today a Flyweight could knock him out. Dude is slurring his speech and has zero punch resistance at this point. He has ongoing issues outside the ring and he has never been a guy that keeps in shape in between fights and is inactive as all get out. I'm one of his biggest fans, but the guy needs to retire before he really gets hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by AnimalisticMeth View Post
          Is a tune up. He is planing on fighting 3 times in 2017. Feb vs kirkland in texas, june in new york qnd then november vs canelo to finish his career.

My guess is that it goes

Feb - Kirkland
          June - Marquez or Bradley
          November - Canelo
          If it were true, it would be great...but there's no way that Cotto is fighting three times in a year at this stage of his career. I understand that after 15 months out of the ring, Cotto needs a tune-up ... but this match-up is a disappointment.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
            his fight with canelo was in '15. knockout of the year, and a highlight that made its way into the casual sporting mainstream. he dies magnificently.

if you can't understand why a fighter like that gets fights over a guy who puts people to sleep there's not a ton i can do for you. he's either coming forward and throwing punches or getting knocked out. people watch boxing to be entertained. most of the people in the arena have never heard of NSB. heck, many of them have never heard of the guys they're watching. kirkland all but guarantees excitement for those people.

horse
            water
            Usually these same guys are slobbering over a fighter like Kirkland. I think Kirkland will surprise people.

Comment

1. I would never pay to see this fight.
              2. Kirkland if anything has power and it only takes one.
              3. I'd bet on Kirkland to win by ko. No I don't think he will but I think he's capable. I'll get good odds.
              4. I think Kirkland deserves a little more credit. 2 losses? No he doesn't have a career defining win. Biggest win vs Angulo. Maybe this will be it?
              5. If cotto is overrated(I agree a little) then how much credit will you give Kirkland if he wins anyway?

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                his fight with canelo was in '15. knockout of the year, and a highlight that made its way into the casual sporting mainstream. he dies magnificently.

if you can't understand why a fighter like that gets fights over a guy who puts people to sleep there's not a ton i can do for you. he's either coming forward and throwing punches or getting knocked out. people watch boxing to be entertained. most of the people in the arena have never heard of NSB. heck, many of them have never heard of the guys they're watching. kirkland all but guarantees excitement for those people.

horse
                water
                The fight with Canelo was a disgrace. He hadn't fought in almost two years. Here's not a factor in the division. He was brought in to get KO'd and that's exactly what happened. Nobody wants to see useless fights and this is about as useless as it gets. Bradley has been in more exciting future than Kirkland and he's a factor in the sport. This fight garbage and Kirkland is garbage. Boxing fans get what they deserve

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                  The fight with Canelo was a disgrace. He hadn't fought in almost two years. Here's not a factor in the division. He was brought in to get KO'd and that's exactly what happened. Nobody wants to see useless fights and this is about as useless as it gets. Bradley has been in more exciting future than Kirkland and he's a factor in the sport. This fight garbage and Kirkland is garbage. Boxing fans get what they deserve

"boxing fans" are maybe 15% of the audience at a boxing match. this fight will excite those boxing fans, and it will certainly excite everybody else in the building. "the matchup" is soemthing that again, maybe 15% of the people in teh building will know or care about. those fans will still go to the fight knowing that it will be exciting, because styles make fights.

horse and water

Comment

Working...
                  X