Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lipinets Suffers Hand Injury, Fight Against Garcia Postponed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If the rest of the card was good then Showtime could just bump another fight to the main event and keep the show rolling. That's the real failure. And with 3 weeks out not enough time to add better fights or find a quality opponent for Mikey, and that's assuming he would want to fight a backup if no belt is on the line, better to scrap or reschedule the entire card.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
      Damn, I was really looking forward to this fight. whole card is cancelled. This is such BS.

PBC should have a replacement training just in case. They need to tighten the ship up. No reason to cancel a whole card.
      This. The fact boxing isn't hijacking this strategy from the UFC is getting old. Love or hate MMA there are plenty of things they do better than the more experienced boxing does with sh^t like this. Hell man sometimes the UFC injury themselves into a better fight.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
        its showtime not pbc. pbc barely exists anymore.
        Why are you lying? It's a PBC telecast on Showtime.

Comment

Originally posted by GriffTannen View Post
          thank god, im sure barthelemy will like to step in
          Its gotta be a black hope to take mickeys 0. I agree

Comment

Not the injury my man, the failure of SHO/PBC to have a replacement in training just in case.

Obviously, the card wouldn't be as appealing. While some were upset with the card, Lipinets is decent fighter and I thought this would be a good fight.
            I understand, but can you imagine SHOBOX, filling in with a replacement? people would go crazy(myself included)saying it was the plan from the beginning and put mikey against a nobody.

Comment

Comments Thread For: Lipinets Suffers Hand Injury, Fight Against Garcia Postponed

Mikey Garcia will have to wait a little longer for his opportunity to become a world champion in a fourth weight class. According to multiple reports Wednesday, Garcia's junior welterweight title fight against IBF champion Sergey Lipinets has been postponed because Lipinets has suffered a hand injury during training camp. Lipinets' injury is considered minor, however, thus their 12-round, 140-pound title fight might not be delayed too long.
              [Click Here To Read More]

Comment

Originally posted by Hewito View Post
                I understand, but can you imagine SHOBOX, filling in with a replacement? people would go crazy(myself included)saying it was the plan from the beginning and put mikey against a nobody.
                Yes, that would probably happen. That said, SHO/PBC IMO should've been prepared.

At least have an undercard JWW fight so if something happens to Lipinets you can salvage the main event. I get cancelling the show if the"star " gets hurt.

I guess I am just mad that the fight is cancelled.

Comment

Yes, that would probably happen. That said, SHO/PBC IMO should've been prepared.

At least have an undercard JWW fight so if something happens to Lipinets you can salvage the main event. I get cancelling the show if the"star " gets hurt.

I guess I am just mad that the fight is cancelled.
                  I am sure, I can only imagine what people felt when wladimir or haye, or was it fury?( I dont remember) cancelled at the last minute, when people spent a fortune to travel to see them.. But once again, I think it was easier for them to postpone then cancelled or put mikey against another opponent, due to budget and gates.

Comment

Damn to bad luck! WAR MIKEY!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Hewito View Post
                      They would destroy Mikey! They're killing him for fighting Lipinets in the 1st place!

Comment

Working...
                      X