Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not only has Pacquiao dominated OFFENSIVELY while moving up..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not only has Pacquiao dominated OFFENSIVELY while moving up..

but he's also been incredibly SLICK and defensive. I don't think he is given enough credit for how he has been preforming defensively.

Remember, Manny was a LIMITED brawler. He was pretty one dimensional. Not very versatile offensively and defensively. But now, you can definitely see the improvement on the defensive aspect of his game as he bobs, weaves, ducks and slips punches. Taking a look at his last 2 performances, Diaz and DLH, for someone who was very limited in the skills department, its amazing that he was hardly TOUCHED. Some fanboys may not like it, but those 2 fights, defensively, rank up there with any Floyd Mayweather or BHop fight. Maybe even rank higher for the fact that he was more aggressive than Floyd or Hop giving more opportunities for the opponent to land.

Manny's progression has truly been an amazing one. Now Flawless, Bhopreign, Brandish and co., go ahead and scream blasphemy.

Dude's haters will never give him credit for this. He's always lookin for the KO, but also dodgin and guardin punches more and more while he does it nowadays. Pac's a complete fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by mangler View Post
      Dude's haters will never give him credit for this. He's always lookin for the KO, but also dodgin and guardin punches more and more while he does it nowadays. Pac's a complete fighter.
      He is now. Now, a hater could easily say, Diaz wasn't skilled enough and DLH was washed up or "weight drained", but this is "one dimensional brawler" Manny Pacquiao we're talking about. Diaz's lack of skill and the DLH excuse wouldn't matter since Manny is supposed to be a brawler.

Comment

Yup just want to say u guys hit the nail on the head!!

Comment

yes ive watched pacman literally grow up as a fighter..he went from a 1 handed brawler..to a complete offensive/and defensive fighter..rightfully p4p#1

Comment

He's definitely become a complete fighter, and in a short period of time as well. ****, he was one dimensional as recently as 2005.

Who ever thought that the speedy little left handed brawler who blew out Ledwaba would go on to do what he's done?

Much respect to Manny, his game is complete.

Comment

I had just rewatched Manny Pacquaio vs. Erik Morales 1........thinking on how did Manny lose this fight?

Points on Erik
              -Well Erik was just a legendary fighter himself....he was making extra moves (unpredictable moves) that connected against Pac.
              -He took advantage of a backing Pacquiao.
              -He was hungrier

Points on Pac
              -He did not have the footwork he has today
              -He did not know what to do when backing up
              -He didn't have a lot of in and out, head movements in that fight

People are gonna get me on this but it was a very very close fight. Even Larry Merchant had it a draw. I actually have Manny winning 1 round....but then again I could be biased. (No need for hate)

**Points on the EXCUSES
              After the fight Larry surprisingly interviewed the loser. Pac team insisted that had it been a Cleto Reyes gloves, he would have KOed Morales. His promoter Murad Muhammad duped him into using the Winning gloves.

Comment

could he get any better though?

Comment

Originally posted by RisAri0 View Post
                  could he get any better though?
                  He could use the elbow more you know.

Comment

I've noticed that he's always trying to block an incoming counter punch.

Comment

Working...
                    X