Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GGG is a master at cutting off the ring, however...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pesticid View Post
    Gennady had more of a Mexican style before Abel and to me he looked faster and more explosive, here's a fight that took place 2 years before the Ouma fight and you tell me how does GGG look you idiot.

GGG fought to me better back in the day it's just that guys didn't fear him that much.
    Get ur head outa ur ass. GGGs conditioning has been superior since hes training n lving in the US. HEs got more access to up to date materials. If you honestly think hes better pre sanchez, you're an idoit dont know left from right. EVen people who makes a living writing about boxing agrees with me...

Comment

Originally posted by Kenchiro View Post
      Get ur head outa ur ass. GGGs conditioning has been superior since hes training n lving in the US. HEs got more access to up to date materials. If you honestly think hes better pre sanchez, you're an idoit dont know left from right. EVen people who makes a living writing about boxing agrees with me...
      Oh so he improved by implementing a "Mexican style" was your argument before and now we're talking about conditioning?

Maybe so, maybe his conditioning is better but back in the day he used to throw more punches and with more speed. I think he's better pre Sanches. He hooked up with Sanches and a light hitting, shop worn Ouma was teeing off on his head like he was in an amusement park.

Sanches is overrated as ****! Everything GGG did before he does now. Sanches didn't build GGG, GGG was already built.

Comment

"Master" of cutting off the ring? It's easy to do that vs subpar competition.

Comment

Oh so he improved by implementing a "Mexican style" was your argument before and now we're talking about conditioning?

Maybe so, maybe his conditioning is better but back in the day he used to throw more punches and with more speed. I think he's better pre Sanches. He hooked up with Sanches and a light hitting, shop worn Ouma was teeing off on his head like he was in an amusement park.

Sanches is overrated as ****! Everything GGG did before he does now. Sanches didn't build GGG, GGG was already built.
          I'm not sorry that you couldn't see the improvement that GGG has made through the years. And no, employing the "mexican style" doesnt make a fighter better. It's the skills thats used to make it effective. GGGs transition from the euro boxer to stalk/pressure fighter is more effective for him. N no, GGG is more selective of his punch nowadays, it doesnt mean he doesnt throw, he throws n connect them just fine. Like alot of people said, he doesnt waste energy or punches, but he lets his hands go, he doesnt posture. You, dude, are the only one that i have seen to claim that GGG was better pre-sanchez. And no, one coach doesnt make all his fighters better, but in some cases, the two does mesh well together, and this case happens to be GGG/Sanchez,,,,u r a FAIL!

Comment

Gennady had more of a Mexican style before Abel and to me he looked faster and more explosive, here's a fight that took place 2 years before the Ouma fight and you tell me how does GGG look you idiot.

GGG fought to me better back in the day it's just that guys didn't fear him that much.
            Watching these early fights you can see where GGG and co. got the idea that they could go to 154 for the right price. Nowadays Golovkin is much bigger.

Comment

Originally posted by BigAlexSand View Post
              I 100% disagree. Although extremely skilled, the OP is correct. Although aggressive and effective at cutting off the ring but doing so does leave openings. Mike Tyson was a monster at cutting off the ring and implementing his skill and power on his opposition but much like Golovkin; his opposition never caught up but when it did; Holyfield showed the perfect game plan against an aggressive boxer.

It's a matter of time till an opponent implements the correct gameplan and doesn't allow the hype of Golovkin to undermine his own skill and power!

Danny's had since December to think of a several game plans and how to implement them. He's talked of using plan B and C if things aren't working.
              Just over a week to go and i'm glad i'll be getting some answers to the source of my curiosity.

Comment

there are certain disadvantages of cutting off the ring and so far none of his opponents have been able to exploit them.

1) You can become too square by cutting off the ring and GGG is often too square when cutting off the ring, the problem is his opponents are so gun shy they don't let their hands go. The only guy that was letting his hands go was Kassim Ouma who was very shop worn but he still landed hundreds of punches on GGG. GGG still put him in a hospital but the fact is that he's exploitable and if a shot to pieces Ouma can land every punch in the book on you round after round, you get the point.

2) You become predictable when cutting off the ring, I am going to move to my left and you're going to move to your right to cut me off, right? Well, GGG is a little smarter than this so what he does, he knows that right handed fighters want to circle to their left so before they even think about it he steps to the right and blocks the movement they are most comfortable with. So once he does that they are confused because he pre-emptively cuts them off and they are confused to the point that they freeze and become stationary, which is what he wants of course.

Now Chavez is the example everybody gives when cutting off the ring and he was great at it but he was more predictable with it because you go to your right he goes to his left and vice versa. So he reacts to your movement. GGG always cuts off orthodox fighters before they even try to go to their left and that's why they freeze and forget to go back to the right. I think GGG is better at cutting off the ring.

So I don't know if people don't study him or what but he always takes a lateral step to his right to establish the center of the ring and to prevent you from circling him to the left. Every fight and no orthodox fighter has picked up on it.
                Stepping to the right is not done often enough these days. Neither is cutting off the ring. The trainers aren't teaching these guys anything of the guys aren't following this advice.

Either way, it works very well and he'll continue to beat people with it. And I'm glad. This technique cuts out a lot of wasted movement and BS and gets down to a much more fun fight. I wish more guys would learn to do this.

Comment

here you go Ldawg!!!

Comment

there are certain disadvantages of cutting off the ring and so far none of his opponents have been able to exploit them.

1) You can become too square by cutting off the ring and GGG is often too square when cutting off the ring, the problem is his opponents are so gun shy they don't let their hands go. The only guy that was letting his hands go was Kassim Ouma who was very shop worn but he still landed hundreds of punches on GGG. GGG still put him in a hospital but the fact is that he's exploitable and if a shot to pieces Ouma can land every punch in the book on you round after round, you get the point.

2) You become predictable when cutting off the ring, I am going to move to my left and you're going to move to your right to cut me off, right? Well, GGG is a little smarter than this so what he does, he knows that right handed fighters want to circle to their left so before they even think about it he steps to the right and blocks the movement they are most comfortable with. So once he does that they are confused because he pre-emptively cuts them off and they are confused to the point that they freeze and become stationary, which is what he wants of course.

Now Chavez is the example everybody gives when cutting off the ring and he was great at it but he was more predictable with it because you go to your right he goes to his left and vice versa. So he reacts to your movement. GGG always cuts off orthodox fighters before they even try to go to their left and that's why they freeze and forget to go back to the right. I think GGG is better at cutting off the ring.

So I don't know if people don't study him or what but he always takes a lateral step to his right to establish the center of the ring and to prevent you from circling him to the left. Every fight and no orthodox fighter has picked up on it.
                    If he steps to the center of the ring is a counter for whatever u want to do, because he can follow you after that. Of course if you move fast enough that "cut off the ring" will always be a bit offset, that is what Canelo tried to do, but its extremly tiring to mantain

Comment

Working...
                    X