No announcement yet.

Porter is good but he aint no beast so why do people think Thurman is ducking

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by John Locke View Post
    The truth is 95% of people on here are immature children and just look to call fighters duckers for the sake of it.

Thurman was calling Porter out 2 years ago when he won his IBF title off Alexander, Ken Porter said they aren't interested in the fight because it's not a big enough fight yet. And a few months ago, Thurman said, he's agreed to a Porter fight 3 times and the problem hasn't been from his end.

It's as clear as daylight, that both guys want this fight, otherwise they wouldn't agree to it. Especially with Haymon, you know he ain't gonna force his guys to take fights they don't want.

Apparently the fight is rescheduled and likely to happen in late May/early June
    great post. I was thinking the same thing. Thurman called out Porter back in like 2013-2014 but it didnt benefit the Porter's then because he was more prospect than Contender. Now he is an undefeated titleholder and arguably the most exciting fighter in the division with most upside. I see why Kenny Porter is trying to flip the script.

Both guys respect each other and want the fight...its great for their generation and a lot of the guys from 140-154 came up in the amatuers together so them ducking or being afraid of each other is absolute horse turd

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
      Kenny Porter does the talking......Some boxing dad's are so friggin annoying. All the fights those PBC guys took longer than they wanted. Its part of boxing, doesnt mean a fighter is ducking

that term is so overused.
      I don't think he is ducking. I pretty much agree with you in that it is'nt going to be easy, but Thurman should beat Porter. All I'm saying is that the way things have unfolded over the last 5 or 6 months its easy to see why people, especially those that don't like Thurman, think he is ducking.

Comment

Haters will jump at any chance to hate on a fighter that they well, hate. Those who don't believe Thurman is the real deal, see his claiming to have had a car accident as an excuse to get out of the fight. They won't entertain that the story may actually be true. If/when an official reschedule date is announced, the haters will have to find something else to rag on Thurman about.

Comment

Look here...

Look here. Porter IS A BEAST! A DOG! But Thurman isn't ducking him. The fight has already been signed and agreed upon. Once Thurman is given the green light to continue training, the fight is back on! PERIOD. I like both guys. They both have strengths and weaknesses. Thurman is the more versatile fighter though. He can do more in the ring. On top of that, he can PUNCH! Porter better be careful hunting him down or he could get hurt. Thurman punches harder than Brook I think. It's a 50/50 fight that will be Thurman's biggest test to date. Porter has already has his with Brook and failed. He continues to improve and his attitude makes you appreciate him as a fighter. I am leaning toward Thurman because he can do more.

Comment

No reason why One Time would duck a mediocre Porter with a caveman style of fighting. Brook already showed how to beat the caveman. Clinch, clinch and more clinching. You don't even have to make extra effort. Porter's aimless bull rushing style automatically ends in a clinch.

I'm hoping Thurman would end it in 3 rounds or less, so they don't have to overrate this guy. Look at how big Brook became when he beat Porter. It's as if he beat Golovkin or something.
            Last edited by jqSide; 03-09-2016, 01:03 PM.

Comment

Julio Diaz beat Porter even though it was officially a Draw. He's always been somewhat overrated but he's still B+ level fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by GOD-FR33 View Post
                Look here. Porter IS A BEAST! A DOG! But Thurman isn't ducking him. The fight has already been signed and agreed upon. Once Thurman is given the green light to continue training, the fight is back on! PERIOD. I like both guys. They both have strengths and weaknesses. Thurman is the more versatile fighter though. He can do more in the ring. On top of that, he can PUNCH! Porter better be careful hunting him down or he could get hurt. Thurman punches harder than Brook I think. It's a 50/50 fight that will be Thurman's biggest test to date. Porter has already has his with Brook and failed. He continues to improve and his attitude makes you appreciate him as a fighter. I am leaning toward Thurman because he can do more.
                Great Post and I feel the same way.

Comment

I saw the pics of his car after the supposed car crash

looks like the kind of car damage you would get by colliding with a plastic bicycle for kids at 5 kmph

then he claims he was badly hurt by the deployed airbag (there shouldnt have been deployed airbags with that kind of bs damage)

odds are he made up all this bs and is trying to delay the match

ONE-TIME?

Keith DUCK-TIME Thurman or maybe ONE-QUACK fits his moniker better

Comment

Originally posted by FlatLine View Post
                    Julio Diaz beat Porter even though it was officially a Draw. He's always been somewhat overrated but he's still B+ level fighter.
                    He is overrated on this board but yes...he is a solid B class fighter...I like his work ethic, hunger and willingness to improve.

He may end up like Cotto, IMO Cotto is an overachiever and got the most out of what he had just like Porter has and will continue to do

Comment

That been said, I think Thurman wants to fight Porter

just not yet

he probably doesnt feel ready yet or was having a bad camp

he made all the car crash bs story to buy himself some time

Comment

Working...
                      X