Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is joe Calzaghe worthy of IBHOF

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

his best win was kessler, 2nd best lacy.....hopkins was a draw, rjj is a laugher. NO

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
      I disagree,, I think a lineal championship is about the only thing that is worth a damn anymore,,, all the paper titles n champs like hopkins beating cloud, oritz beating berto, etc,, those are meaningless IMO, but lineal is something that still holds prestige to me,, if someone beat ward at 168 or floyd at 147 or wlad, or garcia at 140, serg at 160, if you get a win like that, it should mean something,,, and Calzaghe did it twice,,,,, You cant name any low level fighters that accomplished that feat,,, its only HOF caliber guys
      Calzaghe beat kessler who had 2 belts, and lacy had the 4th belt, plus bika who would become a paper champ,, then beating hopkins who beat tarver who beat roy jones,, Wins like those are terrific IMO

in terms of donaire, he will probably get in,, i dont think he is an ATG, and i think he beat alot of smaller guys or big guys that werent very good ie mathbalu,,,, Donaire truely showed his class vs rigo
      Donaire was just an example of 2 weight Lineal Champion who isn't a lock for the HOF.

Of course the Lineage means something and holds prestige but it's just a paper accomplishment now. Being a Lineal Champion doesn't really mean that much it depends who it is.

He's a Lineal Champion in two weak divisions.

Like I said, Lineal Champion or not his resume just isn't strong enough IMO. It's really as simple as that for me.

Comment

He's extremely overrated, but he's deserving of induction.

Comment

No. What a joke

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by $Natedatpkid$ View Post
            No. What a joke

Why is it a joke,,, how many 2 division lineal champs are jokes,,,,

what fighters from 2000 on would beat calzaghe,,, outside of manny, floyd,,, joe beats pretty much everyone,,, winky, tito, hopkins, serg, cotto, froch, etc

Why do you consider him a joke,,,, can you name another 2 division lineal champ that was a joke

Comment

Not that I probably care but why didn't Calzaghe and Ottke ever fight? Was there ever rumours or interest considering they were champions at the same weight class for some years.

Comment

He can get overrated around here, but sure he deserves it.

Comment

Originally posted by $Natedatpkid$ View Post
                  No. What a joke

You're repping James Kirkland. You shouldn't be talking about a multi-divisional champion as being a joke. Kirkland was KOd by a fighter with less power, skill and technique than Paulie Malignaggi.

Comment

Working...
                  X