Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How was Victor Ortiz worthy of a title shot at 154 over Lara?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lara isn't going to get his chance anytime soon, Remember Khan maidana? Well I see the same thing happening, Another 18 months or so before they would feel Canelo is ready, Why is nobody chasing the other belt-Holders like K9?

Comment

Ortiz is a big name.
      Ortiz has a style that would allow Alvarez to look good.
      Ortiz is lower risk/higher reward than Lara.

Lara is the better fighter, would be extremely difficult for Alvarez and with all that considered, he's a huge risk to a potential superstar.

Comment

Ortiz would bring in a name $$$ and fans.

Lara would bring respect from the hardcore nerds like us and 5 fans that actually know him in Florida.

Comment

Here's why. Because boxing is a business. Golden boy is grooming ginger to be a star, unworthy absolutely. But the fans have fallen for it, so they're gonna give it to us raw.

Oscar was a ppv draw. but he fought the best fighters. He in turn passed his drawing power to Pacman & Floyd who have in turned cherrypicked cold like. They refuse to take the risks, & have milked their star power, boxing & the fans to the brink of extinction.

So now we get ginger & Chavez jr because of it. Meanwhile fighters Like Lara, Trout & the whole bunch of very good fighters at 154 are gonna be left dry so that golden boy can fabricate ginger as a ppv draw.

As long as fans support superstars like they do, this is what we get. protected fighters, looking for the draws, even if the fighter they choose has no business in the ring with them. which is why the only superstar fighter I like is Cotto because you can count on 2 fingers 3 at the most, the fighters he did not fight. But make no mistake, the greater fighters Floyd & Pacman would not fight them either. **** the business of boxing. I'll take the Punisher & the Mexican Punisher (Lopez), lol over any damn handfed bull$h!t superstar any day.

Ward pfp #1 baby!!

Comment

Ortiz showed last night that he is not worthy to fight Canelo. Lara would be great but Golden Boy does not seem to want that fight now. They are talking about Trout and I would like that fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
              Here's why. Because boxing is a business. Golden boy is grooming ginger to be a star, unworthy absolutely. But the fans have fallen for it, so they're gonna give it to us raw.

Oscar was a ppv draw. but he fought the best fighters. He in turn passed his drawing power to Pacman & Floyd who have in turned cherrypicked cold like. They refuse to take the risks, & have milked their star power, boxing & the fans to the brink of extinction.

So now we get ginger & Chavez jr because of it. Meanwhile fighters Like Lara, Trout & the whole bunch of very good fighters at 154 are gonna be left dry so that golden boy can fabricate ginger as a ppv draw.

As long as fans support superstars like they do, this is what we get. protected fighters, looking for the draws, even if the fighter they choose has no business in the ring with them. which is why the only superstar fighter I like is Cotto because you can count on 2 fingers 3 at the most, the fighters he did not fight. But make no mistake, the greater fighters Floyd & Pacman would not fight them either. **** the business of boxing. I'll take the Punisher & the Mexican Punisher (Lopez), lol over any damn handfed bull$h!t superstar any day.

Ward pfp #1 baby!!
              I think Canelo destroys Trout. Lara-Canelo is a 50/50 fight, IMO. Either way, neither of those 3 guys have beaten anybody worth mentioning. I mean, Trout has defended his belt 3 times against Frank Laporto, Delvin Rodriguez, and David Lopez. Is that really much better then Canelo's title defense's?

As for Lara his biggest accomplishments have been beating(but losing) to Paul Williams and having a draw with Carlos Molina... which many people think he lost. Nobody has proven themselves at 154. Stop trying to act like Trout and Lara are proven good fighters and Canelo is a fabricated hype job. They all have unimpressive resumes and neither are proven.

Comment

people go way to hard on Canelo. They act like dude didnt try. He tried to get Williams but we know what happened. He tried Kirkland but we know what happened. Ortiz was a solid fight in many people's eyes until last night.

I dont get why people are ripping him for not fighting Lara. If he didnt wanna fight Lara or anyone else then I would kill him but Williams & Kirkland were definetly good fights who alot of people thought would beat him. Now they act like Canelo never even tried.

Its not like Canelo is 27 and has been on top forever. Then I would rip him for not fighting Lara but thats not the case. He's still young but he also chose 3 very good fights at the time. You cant blame him for that.

Im pretty sure he would also jump at a Cotto fight right now also. I guess if he signs to fight Sergio next and then he gets hurt, people will still call him a ***** fake champ. The fact is that Williams & Kirkland were more than good enough steps for him and very legit fights.

Ortiz was close also. Everyone was saying that Ortiz is a huge WW and is on top of his game right now. Its easy to look back and change your opinion.

Comment

He didn't deserve it over Lara. But the fight would have sold better in PPV.

This is not worse than Pacquiao-Margarito at 150 for the vacant WBC title.

Comment

Ortiz/ Canelo was a good fight that would draw a PPV war, same with Kikrland, and before that Paul Williams,but Kirkland is injured, Williams had a horrible accident, Ortiz is out, and they don't want to give Arum the 15 date.

stop crying wah wah wah

Comment

Working...
                    X