Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cotto still begging for a catchweight.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cotto got the idea of a 160 lb fight day cap from his more popular and beloved stablemate.

Kinda shows how protected Pac is because we never heard of it when he was doing the same thing to his opponents.

Comment

Seems Cotto has realized what i've been saying for some time, that he doesn't belong at jmw.

Well, guess what? you beat a one-legged journeyman with no power, and a way past his prime brawler. It's time to face a real jmw or just drop the belt and move back down.

The funny thing is, Marg is far from the best jmw, if he's asking all this from him then what will he ask from a top jmw.

Comment

how do u stop a fighter from regaining weight the next day?U cant eat or
        drink much?

Comment

Originally posted by $mannyFresh View Post
          Cotto got the idea of a 160 lb fight day cap from his more popular and beloved stablemate.

Kinda shows how protected Pac is because we never heard of it when he was doing the same thing to his opponents.
          When has Pacquiao ever done this? Certainly not for the Margarito fight.

Comment

Originally posted by boricuajr23 View Post
            If this is true, then I think its a pu$$y move by my boy Cotto but until I dont here it from Cotto himself, I aint going to believe what someone says on twitter.

Besides, if Cotto wants any credit for this win it will have top be at 154 and not a pound less IMO.
            I don't think it's true either. This would be waaaaaaay too far a deviation from the norm for Cotto. To be honest, I'm actually rooting for my boy Cotto to win vs my Mexican brother Margarito.

Comment

whatever about the catchweight.

if both fighters agree on a catchweight that's fine. don't really care.

the morning after weigh in weight is garbage though.

having marg meet a weight at weigh in is fine.....but to limit how much weight he can put on after weigh in is garbage.

Comment

Originally posted by $mannyFresh View Post

Excellent point!

Comment

Originally posted by TheMexHurricane View Post
                  So surprised and dissapointed in my boy Cotto-- by far one of the bravest, most honorable and most underrated of this generations fighters and one of my top 10 favorite fighters of all time.
                  Their was no catchweight or day after max weight of their first fight. Dang, Cotto is looking like he thinks Margo didn't actually use plaster and needs to weaken him to win so he can continue pretending that the loss wasn't legit.
                  im thinking more along the lines, and this is if i were cotto ... "you're a bonafide cheater, and mf'er i'm almost certain you ****ed me like you were gonna do shane in our fight so now i'm a **** you."

or, you could be right but seeing how cotto's been nothing but consistent his entire career, i'm thinking he just wants to really put it on this dude and having margs agree to everything, knowing he's going to get ****ed (hopefully!) and margs having to agree to those not so fair terms.

Comment

How about Miguel gets to plaster his wraps instead? I think he's in a position to get whatever he wants.

Saying that you can't stop a fighter gaining weight after the weigh in, kind of ridiculous
                    Last edited by -Jay-; 08-23-2011, 06:19 PM.

Comment

i will not believe it until i hear it from cotto, but if it is true then wtf?

Comment

Working...
                      X