Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bradley needs to stop begging Pacquiao for a fight.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by street bully View Post
    Don't know what your on, but Alexander sells more tickets than Bradley and has already been on HBO against a better oppoennnt. Also Alexander packs venues in St Luis.
    There is no doubt that Devon sells more tickets than Tim but in order for this fight to make sense they have to grow their names. Both want pay days(Tim more so) so cheap tickets in St Louie is not gonna cut it. The money these guys will be looking for is money that on Vegas can offer them and they are going to have to wait for HBO to see a reason to shell out big money but that only comes when they get good ratings or the fight is on PPV. It just isn't in the cards atm.

Comment

Originally posted by pistol whip View Post
      Yeah Bradley calling out Williams or Floyd is just a ridiculous but berto I think would be a great fight for Tim. I would watch it!!

I would watch him fight any of those fighters. You can say he's not ready but that's a cop out. A fighter can't prove that by not taking the fight. A lot of people thought Mosley wasn't ready when he jumped from 135 to 147.The same with Pacquiao. But they proved those people wrong and you don't hear it anymore. The bottom line is we really don't know how the fight will go until it happens. We do know that Bradley can't be any worse than Clottey and Jennings. Not from what I've seen.

Comment

Originally posted by Calilloyd View Post
        I would watch him fight any of those fighters. You can say he's not ready but that's a cop out. A fighter can't prove that by not taking the fight. A lot of people thought Mosley wasn't ready when he jumped from 135 to 147.The same with Pacquiao. But they proved those people wrong and you don't hear it anymore. The bottom line is we really don't know how the fight will go until it happens. We do know that Bradley can't be any worse than Clottey and Jennings. Not from what I've seen.

I'm not saying that I wouldn't watch him fight those guys just saying I'm not gonna cry if he doesn't get the fights either.

Comment

Originally posted by Saucy Jacky View Post
          I used to be real high on Bradley, but he's not as good as I thought.

Anyone at 40' beats him imo.

I'd lay money that Khan, Maidana and Alexander all stop him too.

Pac would skin his ass alive.
          Just out of curiosity what did you not like about Tim? I thought at 147 he fought really well. He was composed, speed still looked good, stunned his man more than once and pretty much pitched a shut out against a guy that has good power that would make any guy be a bit cautious in the ring. Of course a knockout is the goal but I thought how he performed was as good as you are pretty much going to get.

Comment

Originally posted by Twako View Post
            clottey was the next biggest name in the WW division then. floyd/shane busy. berto in haiti. marg was banned. and easiest to make in 2months time.
            Clottey was a big name for top rank. And convenient for them. He didn't make a splash because of his resume. His biggest win is Zab Judah. A guy most of you think can't fight.Unless it's convenient for you. I won't even get into Clotteys purse split against Pacquiao.

Comment

agreed.........

Comment

I don't think Bradley was seriously challenging Pacquiao. He has to know that he's nowhere near ready to fight someone of that caliber, even if they did accept such a challenge (which they wouldn't). Instead it seems more like he's just trying to get his name out there. If you want people to talk about you, challenge one of the most well known guys near your weight division. The fact that this thread exists is proof that it's effective marketing.

Comment

Originally posted by street bully View Post
                  Truth be told he doesn't have a chance in hell of landing the fight, and wouldn't have much of a chance in hell of winning the fight at 147. Pacquaio is on a whole different level skill wise, talent wise, name wise, and money wise.

I cringe when people say Cotto and Berto can't hang with Pacquiao, and later go on to say he should fight Bradley who only has beaten one unknown welterweight, and didn't look great doing so.

You have Khan, Maidana, and Ortiz who are all top fighters and good opponents that will all bring good money (emphasis on Khan). You also have a guy who holds two belts who has a legitimate claim at the number one spot at 140 calling you out. On top of this he sells much more tickets than Bradley, and the winner of the fight would become a new boxing star.

My suggestion is that Bradley quit begging guys who probably don't know he exists (as an opponent) for a fight, and rather focus on sensible fights against the guys we want to see him go atwith.
                  So you dont think that he should call out the best? What would happen to boxing if fighters on their way up stopped wanting to fight the best. More disapointments like Paq vs Floyd not happening, thats what. Maybe he should call out some scrubs instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Check View Post
                    Are you will to travel to go see the fight or buy the fight on PPV? If no, don't complain because the demand for the fight is not very high, except for the hardcore boxing fan. I can understand where Tim is coming from. Tim pretty much has a small fan base and some HBO exposure where he can fights bums for about the same amount of money as he would make for fighting Devon. These two guys needs to fight some of the older legends to build a name.
                    Why not!? Alexander is making a name for himself too? Why are fans so worried about the "mula". It's unrealistic to call out an unattainable fight like Pac. Let's be realistic here, Bradley's calling is Maidana, Ortiz, Khan and Alexander. You right about one thing...I am a hardcore boxing fan, and as a fan he needs to fight one of those fighters.

Comment

Bradley needs to fight Alexander. I admire him for having the guts to throw big names out there, but there's no need to be chasing other fights when a the biggest challenge in your division is ready and waiting. And he should know he's not getting the fight. It just draws attention when you call out names which is why he did it. I do think Pac should drop the 140 lb Ring belt if he ain't defending it though.

Comment

Working...
                      X