Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let's be honest, Mayweather never faced someone like Mosley.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 'Sugar' Freddi View Post
    Hell no. Are you serious? Marquez doesn't even belong in that weight class. Maruqez took that fight for the money mostly but dude belongs in the 130 to 135 weight class. That's it. The fight wasn't even competitive.
    Oh, Ok. The same Marquez who was recognized as # 2 fighter in the sport when he fought Floyd & Floyd was coming off a 2 year layoff. Does Andre Ward get any props from you for beating up Kessler?

Comment

Originally posted by 'Sugar' Freddi View Post
      I know this has been said many times, but the thing is that he really hasn't faced someone like Mosley. Not someone with the power Mosley has, the speed he has, size he has, and even boxing skills.

If Mosley does beat Mayweather, please, let's all give him all the credit he deserves because this is a tough task.
      You know damn well he's going to get credit from a lot. No way without someone busting out laughing can they say they won't get a 38 year old Mosley credit.

Comment

he hasnt........

Comment

Shane is a great fighter and in their primes I think Shane would have KOed Mayweather. BUT, he is very old now and that there is the biggest variable in my opinion.

Mayweather hasn't wanted to fight fighters in their prime since Castillo. He could be shell shocked or something but thats just how it is.

Comment

Originally posted by educator06 View Post
            so many people really underestimate shane mosley....gonna be a lot of crow eaten around here may2...and not by mosley fans.
            You right the Mosley fans will be steadily talking about how "old" Shane is after the fight.

Comment

so many people really underestimate shane mosley....gonna be a lot of crow eaten around here may2...and not by mosley fans.
              true.....the thing that gets me is when dudes use the words "old" shot" and "easy" when they talk about Shane against Floyd......WHEN Floyd takes a short one on the 1st, I wanna see what excuses they come up with for their dude losing to a old shot fighter who was supposed to be easy work!!

Comment

Originally posted by Haterfree View Post
                Oh, Ok. The same Marquez who was recognized as # 2 fighter in the sport when he fought Floyd & Floyd was coming off a 2 year layoff. Does Andre Ward get any props from you for beating up Kessler?
                Okay, your statement makes absolutely no sense. Because he's ranked #2, he's good at that weight? No. He was ranked as Pound For Pound #2, not P4P Welterweight #2.

And yes, Ward gets props for beating Kessler. Why not? Even though he was a really dirty fighter that night, but I still give him the credit.

Comment

rent, mortage, car note, bill money will be lost on the first of the month & it won't be the Sugar fans.

Comment

Originally posted by Haterfree View Post
                    Mayweather will deserve props for beating Mosley. However he deserves props for beating JMM, Ricky Hatton, Oscar, Judah, the late great Gatti, Castillo twice, & the late great Diego Corrales to mention a few.
                    That is the whole problem I and many others have with Floyd, and his fans who love him blindly. JMM had moved up two classes for his fight with Floyd, and another weight class two fights before that. Hatton stepped up one weight class and gave Floyd all he could handle for about 8 rounds. I will give him props for beating Oscar and Judah, but then we come to Gatti. I was a huge Gatti fan, but he was never a great boxer, just had great heart, and was the easier fight for Floyd at 140 at the time than had he chosen to fight Tzyu or Hatton. Castillo arguably won their first fight, but I do give him props for fighting and beating Castillo and Chico. Floyd and his fans belittle all other fighters until he fights them, and after he beats them they pump the other fighters and claim Floyd just beat a great fighter when he actually beat an average fighter. Let him fight SSM, Pwill, Paq, and maybe Berto, and I will give him more respect than I do now, even if he loses one.

Comment

No one underestimates Shane Mosley...He is what he is...He throws wide punches when he tries to punch hard and he closes his eyes...He can be outboxed..it has been proven. The better boxer will win this fight and that will be Floyd Mayweather.

Comment

Working...
                      X