Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sanchez: When Golovkin Goes To 168, Jacobs Will Be Dominant

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by icha View Post
    most people on this forum expected ggg to stop jacobs, including me, jacobs was a huge underdog it wasnt even close...

https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/p...s&pollid=49016
    It wasn't skill that made people think that, most thought both could fight but Jacobs two instances of getting floored led most to believe he couldn't take shots. He did. The guy who does the mailbags here thinks Jacobs put muscle on his chin and jaw.

The extra weight and time to rehydrate oviously helped.

I heard many say if Jacobs can go 12 he'd win, that ggg couldn't box. But ggg did box.

Originally posted by kushking View Post
    I know these gggroupies along with sanchez were saying jacobs would get ko'd easy in 5 rds,& that this would be gigis statement victory to prove us" haters" wrong who were saying that gigi only kos tomatoes, & that once he beat jacobs wed all say he was a bum. Well I told several clowns,how can you be sure people were going to write jacobs off as a nobody based on his past opponents,Jacobs had nothing in common with them except glass jaw.
    Most people thought Jacobs would lose because of the Mora and Pirog fight, when he was floored. Those who knew boxing at all knew if Jacobs ended up taking the punches he'd make it a decent fight. Also, no one realized how big he'd be able to come in.

Suger Ray Leonard discussed this, as did the ESPN Sports Science guys, the weight a person can rehydrate absolutely matters. Truth is, one guy was limited in what he could put on for at least half of the 30+ hours between weigh in and the fight, and one wasn't. If that weight didn't matter, Jacobs team wouldn't of used it.

Originally posted by cammoking123 View Post
    Of course they're talking about moving up to 168 now that Ward is at 175
    No one should think he was a cruiser weight, but he was every bit the size of a LHW. Sone LHW rehydrate to mid-180's, Jacobs prob easily did too. Ward said he'd weight slightly over 185 for Kov fight, he supposedly struggles to make 175 now. His words. Kov come in around 186 for the Pascal fight.

Like Suger Ray Leonard said, of course the extra weight matters. Especially if you're gonna be getting hit by power punchers. It helps you take a punch, helps you have strength to grapple and hold, it makes you harder to move.

ESPN had sports scientist measure the power increase from every pound you can rehydrate and it was significant.

Simple truth is, he refused the IBF weigh in, he wouldn't allow HBI to weigh him. His team knew what they were doing. They knew GGG was limited in how much weight he could put on before the morning of the fight weigh in.

They knew some would criticize them for it, and knew the IBF title wouldn't be up, yet they did it. Why? Obvious, because it gives them an legal advantage that their opponent couldn't use.

Comment

Abel blowing smoke... again. LOL!

Reality: Jacobs can and will likely move up to 168 around the time GGG does. So, no Abel, you can't run. GGG will fight an easy SMW, win, then hit some walls. And one of them will be Jacobs. Every time I see Jacobs fight, he's improved over the previous fight. And GGG is about the same or maybe a little worse. Maybe he's having weight issues himself. Or maybe Father Time is knocking at his door. We'll find some serious answers in the Canelo fight. IMO a fight GGG loses.

Comment

Originally posted by Hatesrats View Post
        Fable already cooking up a "weight drained at 160lbs excuse for Sept."
        Stop lying he hasnt said anything to even suggest that.

Comment

Originally posted by kushking View Post
          No doubt spence will win by tko,I know hes coming 4 the KO. I doubt hed be fighting in belfast if he wasnt sure he could KO brook. Otherwise it'd be just plain stupidity to go to a fighters hometown stadium in the Uk where they ALWAYS favor brits in judging,& at least 1 judge already has his slip filled out with brook winning 9 rds to 3.
          A lot of nonsense

Comment

Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
            Jacobs will probably move up before GGG does, and their eventual rematch will be at 168......
            No need for Golovkin to move up to 168, he is not even big for 160.

Comment

Translation:

ABEL- " when Gennady loses to CANELO in September, were moving to 168, and I'll be the first one demanding for CANELO to fight Jacobs , because I'm one old salty bastard!"

Comment

Originally posted by Sanchez
                When Golovkin Goes To 168, Jacobs Will Be Dominant

perhaps we should wait and see how your "Brook will beat Spence" prediction turns out Abel?

Comment

jacobs was one of the bigger guys I have seen at 160...he could fight 175

Comment

Originally posted by Progrssive_Jedi View Post
                    It wasn't skill that made people think that, most thought both could fight but Jacobs two instances of getting floored led most to believe he couldn't take shots. He did. The guy who does the mailbags here thinks Jacobs put muscle on his chin and jaw.

The extra weight and time to rehydrate oviously helped.

I heard many say if Jacobs can go 12 he'd win, that ggg couldn't box. But ggg did box.

Most people thought Jacobs would lose because of the Mora and Pirog fight, when he was floored. Those who knew boxing at all knew if Jacobs ended up taking the punches he'd make it a decent fight. Also, no one realized how big he'd be able to come in.

Suger Ray Leonard discussed this, as did the ESPN Sports Science guys, the weight a person can rehydrate absolutely matters. Truth is, one guy was limited in what he could put on for at least half of the 30+ hours between weigh in and the fight, and one wasn't. If that weight didn't matter, Jacobs team wouldn't of used it.

No one should think he was a cruiser weight, but he was every bit the size of a LHW. Sone LHW rehydrate to mid-180's, Jacobs prob easily did too. Ward said he'd weight slightly over 185 for Kov fight, he supposedly struggles to make 175 now. His words. Kov come in around 186 for the Pascal fight.

Like Suger Ray Leonard said, of course the extra weight matters. Especially if you're gonna be getting hit by power punchers. It helps you take a punch, helps you have strength to grapple and hold, it makes you harder to move.

ESPN had sports scientist measure the power increase from every pound you can rehydrate and it was significant.

Simple truth is, he refused the IBF weigh in, he wouldn't allow HBI to weigh him. His team knew what they were doing. They knew GGG was limited in how much weight he could put on before the morning of the fight weigh in.

They knew some would criticize them for it, and knew the IBF title wouldn't be up, yet they did it. Why? Obvious, because it gives them an legal advantage that their opponent couldn't use.
                    Who cares if jacobs didnt do ibf weigh in for a belt he didn't have,this was a unification fight to become wba full champ,only gigi groupies criticize someone for rehydrating when gigi himself rehydrates to 175 easy,& if he was allowed to weigh 169.5 & did weigh that on morning of the fight weigh in,he had plenty of time to rehydrate a few lbs more,& hes never weighed more than 176 anyways. Its just Imbecilic to call jacobs a lhw based on rehydrating to 180 & call gigi a mw when he rehydrates to 176,stop being stupid.

Comment

People barely care about the Jacobs fight any more. Theres like 4 or 5 rounds that could go either way so people give all those rounds to the fighter they like more. I'm already over being impressed with Jacobs since he cries all the time probably isn't going to get anything lined up other than trying for the Golovkin/Canelo winner.

Comment

Working...
                      X