Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Agitated Arum: HBO, Showtime Don't Own the Boxing Business!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Agitated Arum: HBO, Showtime Don't Own the Boxing Business!

NEW YORK Bob Arum's love-hate relationship with HBO took another tumultuous turn Saturday night. The outspoken promoter promised a group of reporters during a ringside rant at Madison Square Garden that he won't wait around for HBO to offer dates to his company, Top Rank Inc. Arum wants gifted fighters like Terence Crawford and Vasyl Lomachenko to fight on a more regular basis and has grown tired of frustrating battles with the premium cable channel's hierarchy over broadcasting his company's fights.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Sounds kind of salty to me! No one is paying $69 for Crawford vs. Indongo!

Comment

They do own boxing in the states

Comment

Bob is annoyed because the TV Networks are slowly starting to clamp down on rubbish fights and only becoming interested in showing worthwhile fights.

Comment

Poor bobby is pissed because hbo and showtime told him to go sit down lmfao.... Charging fans $50 for valdez vs marriaga and $60 for manny vs vargas and $60 for manny vs bradley 3 is what killed ppv boxing..... Good riddance....
          Last edited by CONTROVERSIAL; 05-22-2017, 09:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bronx2245 View Post
            sounds kind of salty to me! No one is paying $69 for crawford vs. Indongo!
            whatever happened to those valdez marriaga ppv numbers? Any word on that? Did it beat crawford vs postols 50k lol......

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
              bob is annoyed because the tv networks are slowly starting to clamp down on rubbish fights and only becoming interested in showing worthwhile fights.
              hbo has cut back their budget and schedule while showtime has increased their budget and added to the schedule.... He should be praising showtime instead of bashing them because hbo are already pissed at bitter bobby

Comment

F#ck yea. War Arum!!!!!!!

I legit think Arum is talking to new players in the boxing viewing market based on some sh^t Steve Kim has been hinting at for a few weeks now as we speak.

I won't be the least bit surprised if Arum is talking to some US Box Nation type outfit or he's talking to players in the streaming world like Amazon, Netflix, FB, etc. Looking forward to finding out exactly what's going on.

Comment

Hey bob how much did oscar valdez vs marriaga sell? Did it break the all time lowest ppv record of crawford vs postol? 51k ppv? Lmfao

Comment

If HBO gives Arum a real heartattact and he dies, i promise to take up a lifetime subscription to the network.

Comment

Working...
                    X