No announcement yet.

Dirrell is good for the sport

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TJ highway View Post
    I would not call that a sucker punch! It was part of a three punch combination the last which happened to have landed after the bell.

A sucker punch is what Mayweather did to Victor Ortiz! and Dirrel's uncle did!

Don't be silly!
    Where did I accuse the opponent of suckerpunching? I just said that Dirrell did not suckerpunch anyone (like his uncle) and did not punch anyone after the round (like his opponent). Dirrell was the cleanest guy in the arena that night.

Comment

Originally posted by TBear View Post
      this right here is what dirrells people are saying happened

Comment

If everyone took a dive every time they experienced a minor accidental foul, there wouldn't be a sport.

The rules are the rules but judgment and honesty allow the sport to survive its own rules.

That punch was barely late, not at all deliberate, and Dirrell visibly recovered then got "re-hurt" when he comprehended the situation, just like he did against Abraham.

The cornerman attack n the other hand was basically criminal assault -- and for what? Again similar to Dirrell's people acting bizarre and dramatic after Abraham had already been DQ'd, not even necessary but I guess they felt humiliated by what they just watched and needed to theatrically scapegoat the opponent.

The result of the fight should definitely be overturned.
        Last edited by ////; 05-22-2017, 03:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Elroy The Great View Post
          this right here is what dirrells people are saying happened
          Yeah that is much worse than what happened to Dirrell and I know protect yourself at all times but if you have never watched Marlon Starling-Tomas Molinares in 1988, check it out on youtube. That was like what happened but Molinares was not previously warned. It was ruled a NC. But I don't think the hit after the bell was as bad as in Saturdays fight. Starling unlike Weaver and Durrell rebounded well in spite being knocked out. In his next fight he upset Lloyd Honeyghan for the Welter title.
          Last edited by TBear; 05-22-2017, 04:23 PM.

Comment

Yeah that is much worse than happened to Dirrell and I know protect yourself at all times but if you have never watched Marlon Starling-Tomas Molinares in 1988, check it out on youtube. That was like what happened but Molinares was not previously warned. It was ruled a NC. But I don't think the hit after the bell was as bad as in Saturdays fight. Starling unlike Weaver and Durrell rebounded well in spite being knocked out. In his next fight he upset Lloyd Honeyghan for the Welter title.
            it happens. not often and not to this degree. i dont know why this one second is turned into something else.

nc and fight again. get a better ref who can get in there in time.

Comment

Originally posted by Banko Villas View Post
              Where did I accuse the opponent of suckerpunching? I just said that Dirrell did not suckerpunch anyone (like his uncle) and did not punch anyone after the round (like his opponent). Dirrell was the cleanest guy in the arena that night.
              whats your opinion on the video t bear has posted

Comment

Dirrell is about as much use to boxing as Lance Armstrong was to cycling.

Comment

Check out this at about 38:35.

Comment

Check out this at about 38:35.

Best part is the post fight interview.

Comment

Originally posted by alexguiness View Post
                      Dirrell is about as much use to boxing as Lance Armstrong was to cycling.
                      not accurate. at one point LA was cycling.

at NO POINT was dirrell anything special to boxing.

Comment

Working...
                      X