Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Angel Garcia: No Rematch With Thurman; I Want Danny to Retire

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hitking View Post
    Danny has been successful because of great matchmaking and the boxing community falling in love with and drastically overrating Hard punching bums like Matthysse. He was getting outclassed by Khan, and caught him with a punch neither fighter saw. Then Angel pretty much refused a rematch. Then he hungout on the Sr citizens circuit with Zab and Morales for a couple years. Pretty much was forced into a Matthysse fight. And as I've previously said, Matthysse one of the most overrated fighters in recent memory. Then Danny turned around and got his ass kicked by Herrera. Then he went all the way down to D level competition. Jumped it back up to the B level, and got his ass kicked by Peterson. Then got hand a belt by Haymon, likely for the sole purpose of being able to sell a show with Thurman or Spence.

He'll probably matched with Broner or Porter next. May even end up fighting both. Broner will sell. The dads In the buildup to Porter-Garcia.
    I think you're kind of short changing him. I can dissect and discredit anyone's resume in boxing and say if they benefitted from Selective matchmaking, generous decisions, and beating past prime fighters. You don't become a 2 division world champion and win some big fights as the underdog off of pure luck and being fortunate. In the 1st fight morales was the favorite. Yes morales was past his prime but a similar version of morales gave maidana all he could handle while fighting with 1 eye. Yeah khan won a whole 2 rounds before getting caught but based on their styles, Garcia will almost always catch khan with something big. Mathysse is referred to as overreacted the fact but nobody was saying that when he wrecked Peterson. Speaking of Peterson, he gave that fight away vs Danny by getting started 3/4 of the way into the fight. Herrera should've gotten the win tho. Now that he lost, he should probably fight wither the winner of Porter and berto or maybe Bradley. Broner would be good too and like you said, it'd sell.

Comment

Originally posted by pacmanis1 View Post
      I think its very telling that Angel says they aren't a steppingstone. He's basically saying he wants Danby to retire because he knows he can't compete at the top level of 147 and doesn't want his son to be the steppingstone opponent for guys like Spence.
      You're making the mistake in looking for consistent logic in an Angel Garcia rant.

Comment

Angel has taken him as far as he could. It is time for Danny to get a new trainer.

Comment

Originally posted by PETUFF View Post
          They ROB Danny !!!!
          Where you been? Nahh, they mugged him, snatch and run.

Comment

Originally posted by bigjer88 View Post
            You're making the mistake in looking for consistent logic in an Angel Garcia rant.
            Haha touche. How could I be so stupid.

Comment

there's still so much fights left out there for danny and more money to make. angel is just worried, if danny continue on, he might switch and get a new trainer.

Comment

Just fire him, and hire a better trainer.

Comment

he screwed his own son lol

Comment

Originally posted by QballLobo View Post
                    Retire? GTFO with that noise. Garcia has had a better career than anyone predicted. He was an underdog to Khan after being a last minute replacement when Peterson got busted juicing. He was supposed to be a stay busy fight for Khan and he laid him out. He was supposed to get KO'd brutally by Lucas and he won the fight. He also got some decisions he didn't deserve.
                    To leave the game after a lost to another top guy would be weak AF. I don't think Angel is speaking for Danny. Swift doesn't seem like that type of dude to cut and run after a tough loss.
                    LOL danny looked he was going to cry when he heard the decision maybe this loss will shock him so much that he loses the will to fight and retires. I don't believe he loves boxing anyway and we know his dad is mentally fragile.

Comment

running ???? Angel is a sore loser and needs understanding of boxing. its called movement. Danny gets power from throwing a flat-footed punch. teach him to(RUN)move so he doesn't get hit.

Comment

Working...
                      X