No announcement yet.

You have to "take" a champion's title

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by watchayouhead View Post
    I gave Ward rounds 1, 3, and 11. So I scored the fight 117-110 for Kovalev.

You gave round 1 to Ward? That was a clear Kovalev round. Then you somehow gave 7,8,9 to Kovalev and ended up with Kovalev winning 117-110. You have the worst card i've seen by far.

Edit:

Look at this shit, that's honestly your card?

1. Ward
    2. Kovalev
    3. Ward
    4. Kovalev
    5. Kovalev
    6. Kovalev
    7. Kovalev
    8. Kovalev
    9. Kovalev
    10. Kovalev
    11. Ward
    12. Kovalev
    Last edited by Robbie Barrett; 11-23-2016, 09:14 PM.

Comment

I haven't talked too much about the Kovalev vs. Ward fight because even though I lost 2k on the fight, I'm pretty disappointed in both Kovalev and the judges.

I watched the fight multiple times, with and without sound.
      I gave Ward rounds 1, 3, and 11.

Err...how?

Comment

I gave Ward rounds 1, 3, and 11. So I scored the fight 117-110 for Kovalev.
        Dougie Fischer is that you?

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
          "Taking" the title is a really awful thing boxing fans made up, and I don't get why people buy into it. All a fighter has to do is win enough rounds in the eyes of the judges. The idea that a challenger has to somehow do more to win a round than the champion is completely unfair and made up to justify robberies. "Oh, he didn't 'take' the title so it's okay that he was robbed against the champ." There's no other reason to stack the odds against a challenger that way. You're trying to protect a champion who can't win the fight clearly himself.

You don't have to take a goddamn thing. You just have to win, and winning narrowly or wide doesn't make a difference.
          I agree with this.

Comment

Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
            You gave round 1 to Ward? That was a clear Kovalev round. Then you somehow gave 7,8,9 to Kovalev and ended up with Kovalev winning 117-110. You have the worst card i've seen by far.

Edit:

Look at this shit, that's honestly your card?

1. Ward
            2. Kovalev
            3. Ward
            4. Kovalev
            5. Kovalev
            6. Kovalev
            7. Kovalev
            8. Kovalev
            9. Kovalev
            10. Kovalev
            11. Ward
            12. Kovalev
            lol..............

Comment

He actually "took" 3 titles from the champion lol

Comment

So technically the champ is already ahead without having thrown a punch? Ye...no and that scorecard is ridiculous man.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                  "Taking" the title is a really awful thing boxing fans made up, and I don't get why people buy into it. All a fighter has to do is win enough rounds in the eyes of the judges. The idea that a challenger has to somehow do more to win a round than the champion is completely unfair and made up to justify robberies. "Oh, he didn't 'take' the title so it's okay that he was robbed against the champ." There's no other reason to stack the odds against a challenger that way. You're trying to protect a champion who can't win the fight clearly himself.

You don't have to take a goddamn thing. You just have to win, and winning narrowly or wide doesn't make a difference.
                  This is a sensational, spot on, to the bank post.

The notion of "taking the title from the Champ" is just a lazy effort of justification after-the-fact.

In a fight for a title, the title is up for grabs. The "Champ" isn't wearing the title while he's fighting.

Win enough rounds, win the fight. Simple. The only thing "taking the title from the Champ" should mean, is hitting him over the back of the head with a steel chair, and running off with the belt.

Comment

Originally posted by KillaCamNZ View Post
                    This is a sensational, spot on, to the bank post.

The notion of "taking the title from the Champ" is just a lazy effort of justification after-the-fact.

In a fight for a title, the title is up for grabs. The "Champ" isn't wearing the title while he's fighting.

Win enough rounds, win the fight. Simple. The only thing "taking the title from the Champ" should mean, is hitting him over the back of the head with a steel chair, and running off with the belt.
                    I lol'd man

Comment

I believe whover did the best work should win the round...but a champion shouldn't lose his title over a few nothing rounds where neither guy did much and it could have gone to either guy. But like they say...it's boxing. Those type of scenarios can't be avoided with round by round scoring. If fights were scored as a whole...then nobody would think ward won.

Comment

Working...
                      X