No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tyson Fury To Relinquish WBO Belt, Agrees Deal For Return

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SteveM View Post
    that's not a title fight - shouldn't be anyway - not good news.

We will now have 4 champions who are basically untested - Wilder, Fury, Joshua and Parker/Ruiz. Maybe Fury (assuming he holds on to his belt) can say he is tested by beating Klitschko but who else did he fight?

I hope they gather the guts to fight each other but I suspect they will see more money in fighting prospects and has-beens rather than each other and/or dangerous contenders like Ortiz.
    It's Fury's fault there are so many champions. None of these top HW have ducked each other. Parker has the best resume out if the lot so he's proven he won't duck. Wilder was less than a week away from traveling to Russia when Povetkin failed his test. Joshua is about to fight Klitschko. These young guys ain't ducking

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
      It's Fury's fault there are so many champions. None of these top HW have ducked each other. Parker has the best resume out if the lot so he's proven he won't duck. Wilder was less than a week away from traveling to Russia when Povetkin failed his test. Joshua is about to fight Klitschko. These young guys ain't ducking
      None of these fighters have more than one decent opponent, max two if you make allowances. Fury has the best resume because he beat Wlad. Wilder has the 2nd best resume, and it is crap, because he beat a very decent Stiverne - but Stiverne has never been the same since. Parker beat Takam but who else. Who has Joshua beaten? Whyte is probably his best opponent, or maybe Breazeale. They need to fight each other quickly plus Povetkin and Ortiz. Then we'll have great fights and see what's what. I'm inclined to think parker has ducked Joshua by fighting Ruiz. If he would beat Joshua he'd be the man at HW.

Comment

Aj vs kilt

For three of the belts

Make it happen

Aj to win by knockout within 6 rounds

Comment

Originally posted by Clubber Pac View Post
          Say what you want about Fury, he wins in the end. He ducks Wlad, he allows two of his biggest rivials to duke it out, and, he is totally in line for a wilder fight. Believe it or not, they are friends, and They could shut Joshua out of a mega fight and stage a mega fight in England themselves. Fury would be favored over Ortiz and Parker on his return, so the fight with Wilder would be a unification possibly. THEN, win or lose, he fights Joshua. Tyson Fury is still in business, that return match clause is crucial to his future. He would be wise to vacate the WBA, and just focus on getting the WBO title back in hand.
          How can you duck somebody who you have already fought and clearly beaten? Fury is obviously messed up what with drugs and/or depression. You think he deliberately got depressed and took cocaine to duck somebody he already beat? That's a stretch.

Comment

**** the HW divison! so they are going to give him a shot as soon as old boy is feeling well.....how convenient! yeah......if you get a title abuse PED's; pull out of fights break your contracts, do some coke.....no problem. DEONTAY WILDER.....that is all.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveM View Post
              that's not a title fight - shouldn't be anyway - not good news.

We will now have 4 champions who are basically untested - Wilder, Fury, Joshua and Parker/Ruiz. Maybe Fury (assuming he holds on to his belt) can say he is tested by beating Klitschko but who else did he fight?

I hope they gather the guts to fight each other but I suspect they will see more money in fighting prospects and has-beens rather than each other and/or dangerous contenders like Ortiz.
              He beat 'The Man', which is the only name that matters. He's the linear champ and remains so, wether it's a popular fact or not.

Comment

I thought this was the guy that was supposed to save boxing and bring attention to the heavyweight division. I'm glad the IBF stripped him when they did. Charles Martin had a better Heavyweight reign than Fury. He didn't hold the belt hostage. He went straight for one of the best in his first defense. Fury is a joke
                Charles Martin went straight for a paycheck. Got hit in the face twice and called it a night.

Comment

I hope he gets the help he needs, as a human being you never want see a person suffer especially when it comes to mental issues. At least the WBO belt gets freed up and maybe we can get some decent HW fights.

Comment

I thought this was the guy that was supposed to save boxing and bring attention to the heavyweight division. I'm glad the IBF stripped him when they did. Charles Martin had a better Heavyweight reign than Fury. He didn't hold the belt hostage. He went straight for one of the best in his first defense. Fury is a joke
                    He cashed out.

Comment

Very rare to see somebody coming back fighting such a strong addiction to go to the top again.

Comment

Working...
                      X