No announcement yet.

Canelo will beat the hell out of GGG

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cork View Post
    He's always in the rope though. If Liam Smith had enough pressure for canelo I'm pretty sure ggg would be able to put him on the ropes it's just natural to him. Honestly his style is the same since he fought Floyd and even somehow Floyd eas backing him up.

Even if he somehow was determined to stand in the middle of the ring I think he'll just get jabbed to death. I think he's gonna wait to counter something that might come and I don't feel he'll throw enough punches to win rounds against ggg. Of course none of that matter because I have canelo losing by corner stoppage in the later rounds.
    Don't make the mistake of thinking that guys like Liam forced him there. He has clearly been working techniques off the rope. Did you miss his little Philly shell routine? Canelo is competent enough to place himself where he needs to be. Notice he didn't let Cotto do that to him.

Also, Golovkin's jab is decent but Canelo is better at working power punches of the jab, countering the jab, and feinting. Like I said, Golovkin would likely beat him by trapping him because Canelo is a little too comfortable being there. But, there's too many people here who lack the educated eye to see how many ways Canelo will give Golovkin problems, and possibly win.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott. Weiland View Post
      I'm not ashamed to have got it wrong with Chakhkiev, dude is one of the most exciting cruisers I've ever seen still is, he just lacked the ability to pace himself and a solid defence which isn't installed in every fighter anyway.
      Imo, I think its inablity to pace himself and a common sense, dude just bring it all and not learn from his past mistakes, I think he's a ******

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
        This is what is going to happen Canelo is going to beat his overrated a55 and you'll do what you's did before when Marquez iced Manny then you was suddenly a Donaire fan until he got embarrassed by Rigo then GGG came along and you'll leap onto the Lomachenko train or something.

Its like I said in the Donaire vs Rigo build up. Whatever HBO tells boxing fans is what they run with they don't know anything about styles and just echo what they hear as long as its what they want to hear.

What is Golovkin truthfully? He's a puncher with limited skills.
        Very good jab, excellent at cutting a ring off, great power, at least a decent chin. Sometimes in boxing you only need to do a few things well and it can take you to the top.

He's excellent at cutting a ring off I won't deny that but what does he do once he's cut the exit off? He walks straight in and doesn't move his head.
        Its not he wants a Street fight or lets opponents hit him he has flaws.
        He walks straight in, doesn't move his head and a straight will always get to the target before a wide ass hook does.

He's disgustingly overrated in terms of skillset. What he can and can't do, period.
        What he is is an extremely effective fighter. One dimensional with 2 gears.

He doesn't move his head or step off or around. He often drops his opposing hands when throwing never finishing any particular combination with anything other than a livershot. He's predictable. His punch selection is predictable.

He is hunched over and wide open for anything down the middle with his come forward style the uppercuts a great weapon but its actually a set up punch & Brook is the only guy he's fought to put something behind it because these other guys have been terrified.
        He doesn't throw with you (1 in a million shot vs bummy Geale) and he freezes when you put more than 2 punches together and often pulls straight back with his hands low.

He's stronger, he hits harder he has slightly faster feet & cuts a ring off better. They are his only advantages.

Canelo has the faster hands, better combinations, better counterpuncher. Vastly superior defense and he is flat out the better inside fighter he's superior at mid range as well. Its not debatable Idc how many pundits, fans, boxers, trainers claim otherwise I have two eyes. I can see it clear as day.

GGG has a punchers chance, that is all.
        Canelo will light him the **** up in the pocket. He will tool him. He will purposely fight off the ropes like he did last night. Smith wasn't backing anybody up or cutting a ring off. Canelo purposely went to the ropes.
        He will roll, slip those big telegraphed hooks and counter the living **** out the guy with blistering combinations to head and body and this one dimensional hypejob ain't gonna have a clue what day of the week it is.
        He is made for Canelo!

He'll go a different path he won't even fight Saunders, he'll fight the weak link in Jacobs as usual.
        He probably beats BJS but they don't really want none of that southpaw slickness. Don't want anybody who calls their bluff and isn't petrified of him.

Big drama show only the mother****er wants no real drama

Good post. I was leaning towards Canelo but after watching the Brook fight I'm just about all in. I think the hold up has more to do with dick measuring between the promoters, not so much Canelo being scared .

Comment

GGG will be be able to back up Canelo like he's never felt before and Canelo doesn't have the footwork to get away from it. His feet are so slow and static. Smith was even able to back up Canelo to the ropes and Canelo didn't have the footwork to go anywhere. He's very good off the ropes though at not getting hit clean but Golovkins power and punch selection will get through that guard.

I can see why Brook had his moments. Although he is more orthodox than a lot of ingle fighters, he still has that style, angles and the creative punch selection which can always make you look good at times when it's working.

I honestly 100% think this fight could be extremely easy for Golovkin and he runs through Canelo. I rate Canelo very highly but i can't see how he can deal with that pressure with his style. He's used to being the stronger and more powerful man and now he's going to find himself being bullied and pressured and he doesn't have the style to evade that pressure. I don't think anyone can withstand that pressure for 12 rounds from Golovkin at MW.

Canelo is VERY skilled when he's allowed to do his work and have time to admire his work. He won't even get a moment to breath against Golovkin. It's an awful match for Canelo and they know it.
          Last edited by deathofaclown; 09-19-2016, 08:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pain~Lucy View Post
            Imo, I think its inablity to pace himself and a common sense, dude just bring it all and not learn from his past mistakes, I think he's a ******
            I wouldn't call him a ****** when they're a family floating around boxing who are truly ******ed, the Furry's aka the Peckerwood's.

Comment

I pretty much always echo Dan's posts, this one is no different.

Golovkin is the bigger guy, Canelo is the much better fighter.

Kell Brook was far too small, but he was lighting him up and backing him up when throwing in combination, and rocked his head several times with uppercuts. He also ate plenty of his punches and didn't go down, Canelo will be doing the same things only as a much bigger and stronger guy than Kell.
              Last edited by gmc_rfc_06; 09-19-2016, 08:13 AM.

Comment

I still favour Golovkin. It's a competitive fight, and one we need to see IMO.
                I think it goes the distance, but Golovkin wins.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
                  mark my words!
                  ... dan_cov, dear:

Do you actually count these guys' "punch stats"???

Canelo is throwing/landing significantly below GGG !!!

... but wait! Do you think a 40+ of age GGG will will actually fight Canelo??? OK, then...

Comment

Anyone saying this will be easy or that Canelo is a clear favourite has basically just ignored all of the good things that GGG does, and also ignored all the flaws in Canelo imo.

Maybe he has a bit of a static head (not so much against his best opponents, but ok) and he gets backed up, but his footwork is for a pressure fighter is phenomenal. Alvarez does not have the footspeed to stay away from GGG, which means he is going to have to be infront of him the whole night. Canelo is a great combination puncher so im sure he has success. He also takes way too many breaks and his defence is not as good as some would have you believe.

If I had to bet I would say both guys are going to land a lot of punches, but i know who I would bet on being the more durable in a MW fight, and thats GGG.

Comment

• Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
                      I love how you an have a gif of Canelo getting hit with 6 punches to give 1 and pretend he is slick.
                      way to edit your post fgt. Oh you mean those tapping jabs? "6 punches to 1" which is false lmao even if it was true you forgot to leave out the fact that 1 punch made the dude collapse in pain and it ended the fight. ******

Comment

Working...
                      X