• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any word on what Mikey Garcia has lined up next? fight and promo company

update me fellas, he is one of my favorite fighters

word is he might be facing Dejan Zlaticanin oct. 15 for the wbc strap

Comment

Hopefully that flat footed shell of mikey garcia doesn't show up again. That was depressing to watch knowing that he sat out 2 years of his prime.

Comment

Fight-wise, sounds like he's shopping for a title bout next time out which is a good sign for Mikey fans.

Promotionally, sounds like he's not looking for a promoter so much as he's looking for someone to attach his own promotional company to that he'll grow til he's able to go out on his own perhaps from the stuff I've heard him talk about on podcasts.

Comment

Originally posted by considerthis View Post
          Hopefully that flat footed shell of mikey garcia doesn't show up again. That was depressing to watch knowing that he sat out 2 years of his prime.
          mikey will be just fine...he is a gym rat, loves the sport, is a student of the game

didn't get to see the entire fight but from what I saw he was a little flat footed but he was sharper than I expected.

also he hasn't taken any beatings and is still in his 20s.....imo he has enough left to unify 135.
          Last edited by therealpugilist; 08-23-2016, 03:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ElBossHogg View Post
            word is he might be facing Dejan Zlaticanin oct. 15 for the wbc strap
            that's a good look, opportunity at titles at 3 divisions and the coveted green belt.

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
              mikey will be just fine...he is a gym rat, loves the sport, is a student of the game

didn't get to see the entire fight but from what I saw he was a little flat footed but he was sharper than I expected.

also he hasn't taken any beatings and is still in his 20s.....imo he has enough left to unify 135.
              I'll chalk it up to the layoff...but it was weird. Like some flat footed seek and destroy looking for the ko fighter possessed mikeys body or something.

Comment

I'll chalk it up to the layoff...but it was weird. Like some flat footed seek and destroy looking for the ko fighter possessed mikeys body or something.
                That was the attempted Haymon sabotage I bet.
                Miguel Vazquez did the same thing in his last fight, going full brawler mode against Bone.
                Hes so stupid(I mean he signed with Haymon after all and got robbed twice in a row) he probably thinks he won the Bone fight because they "liked aggression".
                Vazquez said he would never change his style.
                Guess a little bit of "advice" from his "advisor" was all that was needed.

The easiest way for both of them to lose is to get away from their boxing fundamentals and change their style that goes completely against what they do so well.

Comment

i think he was going for the ko...trying to impress on being out so long. He'll look better as his activity picks up

Comment

Working...
                  X