Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: 30 Day Weights: Gennady Golovkin 165, Kell Brook 176!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by onetwopunch View Post
    Damn 176..how the hell was he fighting at 147?..why didnt he move up to 154 if he was struggling to make weight.
    Because he wasn't, this is HBO lies.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy 23 View Post
      Brook is 176 and Golovkin is 165???
      Golovkin cuts weight for his weigh ins to appear small. He weighed 173 vs Rubio

Comment

So Brook is fat huh? >> Look at that pic from the weigh in. He looks lean, not shredded, but very lean. He is lean at 176 - not fat.

Now I understand why it was difficult for him to get high end opponents at 147 - he was at least a JMW fighting at WW - maybe even a natural MW boiling down to WW. Pity he didn't get the Canelo fight before Khan, could have been a different outcome.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
          why does 30 day weight mean more to people then the fact Brook has never fought a quality opponent above 147?

This tells me Brook didn't stay in great shape between fights. he has 30 days to lose 15-16 lbs. he's going to get killed.
          because they hate to admit the fight is a farce and Golovkin should be fighting someone from 154-168 and not someone 2 weights below

A lot of fighters at ww are in the high 160s and low 170s before they get down to 147.....look at bradley, duran, margo, clottey, the list goes on

hell when I wrestled at 140....many of my opponents would tell me their walking around weight and these slobs were 160-165 preseason when I walked around at 144-145

really didnt mean much because I didnt have to drain so I'd be stronger than most my opponents or had better cardio

Comment

Originally posted by CaneloMaidana View Post
            Because he wasn't, this is HBO lies.
            Yeah most likely, they will say anything to sell the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveM View Post
              So Brook is fat huh? >> Look at that pic from the weigh in. He looks lean, not shredded, but very lean. He is lean at 176 - not fat.

Now I understand why it was difficult for him to get high end opponents at 147 - he was at least a JMW fighting at WW - maybe even a natural MW boiling down to WW. Pity he didn't get the Canelo fight before Khan, could have been a different outcome.
              Pathetic, Golovkin cherry picks welter so you turn him into at least a JMW. He's a welterweight.

Comment

Originally posted by onetwopunch View Post
                Damn 176..how the hell was he fighting at 147?..why didnt he move up to 154 if he was struggling to make weight.
                Because until recently Mayweather and Pac were at 147 == possible life-changing $$$ - Maidana and Bradley got lucky - the others didn't.

Comment

Guess they both will be around 165-170 in the ring. - Same day weigh in would be so much better, boxing would be more about skills and less about boiling down and rehydrating.

Comment

This is proof that GGG will be the smaller man on fight night, but still gonna put a whoopin' on Brook.

Comment

Some of you call yourself boxing fans, then you all should know just because he is this big means nothing. He campaign's at WW. It does mean he is not discipline worth a **** to blow up like that between fights. He doesnt fight at his blow up weight lol so it's meaningless. To use this to try and say GGG is fighting a guy his size is completely bull**** being that umm, how many fights has brook had at Mw. He still fighting a Ww no matter how much he blows up in between fights. ****ing shame he lacks discipline though. Ask Connor how it feels to fight above your weight and not the one you melt down to. 176 lol wtf. GGG is very dedicated I'd say that much. Still a Mw vs a Ww, true boxing fans know this.

Comment

Working...
                      X