No announcement yet.

Bob Arum begging for mercy?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HI-TECH Boxing View Post
    It would be pretty cool if Showtime gave Lomachenko a shot. I wouldn't blame them if they didn't since Arum has been burning all kinds of bridges and just couldn't keep his mouth shut. Maybe Showtime would be willing to give Loma an opportunity regardless. I mean it's not like Loma said anything bad about Showtime.
    Showtime could tell Arum they will accept him but no mismatches. Which I am for. People think we Loma fans want to protect Loma, but I want to see him get tested. I want to see him in the ring against the best. Why not enjoy a fighters career while they are still here. The best way to enjoy a career is by seeing them get tested. Isn't that one of the more enjoyable parts about being a fan of a fighter? Father time will get to everyone, so why not make most of a fighters career. If Showtime is willing to give Loma a chance I say bring on Walters, Santa Cruz, Russell and the rest of the top fighters (a Rigo fight would be nice). 126 and 130 are good weight classes to invest in at the moment.

We still don't know 100% what exactly is going on. We need somethings cleared before we make more assumptions.
    yea whats crazy is that I think Loma beats every other feather weight on showtime except Santa cruz it sucks because Loma doesn't even have that option

Comment

Originally posted by aldo5408 View Post
      yea whats crazy is that I think Loma beats every other feather weight on showtime except Santa cruz it sucks because Loma doesn't even have that option
      You never know. I'm not sure if it was you that mentioned a Super Six Featherweight tournament, but I think an 8-man single elimination tournament (or a 4-man tournament) would be better. It wouldn't be so time-consuming like a Super Six.
      That would be complicated to set up though with all of the politics and what not.
      Maybe Showtime would be able to do something.
      Let's see what happens.
      Last edited by HI-TECH Boxing; 02-25-2016, 06:45 PM.

Comment

Espinoza acknowledged to USA TODAY Sports that he’s had discussions with Arum and that Lomachenko-Walters was one of the fights discussed.

“As we’ve said many times, Showtime is in the business of putting on the besting boxing on television,” Espinoza said. “Our door is open to all promoters. It always has been.”

Comment

I am glad Gennady and Kovalev are not with Arum. The way Loma's career is going...I think this old senile doesn't want to work any more.

Comment

Originally posted by pesticid View Post
            I am glad Gennady and Kovalev are not with Arum. The way Loma's career is going...I think this old senile doesn't want to work any more.
            I factually wished gg was wirh arum. Because he could put him in tough fights like Ramirez or tim bradley at 155

Comment

All roads lead to Al Haymon

Comment

Working...
              X