No announcement yet.

Star wars the force awakens

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ryannn View Post
    "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere"- Anakin

Pure poetry.
    lol, thats on Lucas. Most of the Actors sucked under Lucas. Only two that were great was Obi-Wan and Palpatine.

Comment

• Finally saw it and here's my take.

The production was top notch. Of course we knew that was going to be the case with the amount of money and advertisement it got.

The storyline was what left a lot to be desired. It focused too much on the old characters, and didn't go deep enough into the new one's. The guy who plays the main bad guy, was just terrible. He's not intimidating, he's not scary.

Everything was predictable in the movie, even the big death scene. As a stand alone movie it was just ok, but it was just very shallow in it's storyline.

JJ Abrams is terrible, and this looked like one of his movies. Visually stunning, great effects, but nothing below the surface. When it was announced he was going to direct it, I thought it wasn't going to go as well as it could.

I give it a 6 out of 10 at best. Entertaining at times, but just basic in terms of storyline and depth. Good action in certain points, but not enough IMO.

I'm looking much more forward to the Leo Dicaprio film.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ryannn View Post
        Spoilers.

I liked the movie but Kylo Ren wasn't as cool as I thought he would be...

Struggled in a lightsaber duel with a First Order janitor who had zero training.

Got his ass kicked by a scavenger with zero training.

His occasional temper tantrums are pretty annoying.

MAJOR SPOILER: Him killing Han was well done though. You kind of see it coming from a mile away but I thought it was pretty cinematic. It bummed me out which I guess is a good thing.

Overall, it was good but I wished they added more new stuff rather than rehashing plot points from the original.
        He didn't really struggle with Finn though. He overtook him fairly easy. But I think him getting beat by Rey is suppose to show 2 things......maybe Rey is supposed to super strong with the force, and Kylo Ren hasn't completed his training either.

Comment

• Originally posted by BrushMyHair! View Post
          Movie theater i'm going to has couches.
          Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
          It's not common, but theaters like these have been getting more popular and popping up the past few years. I went to one about 3 years ago when I was visiting the states with my wife, that's when I first became aware of them.
          Alamo Drafthouse started this, and they've expanded outside of Austin the last few years. We have another brand here too called The Moviehouse. Moviehouse has padded recliners and better food imo. However they don't have the no talking and no kids rules the Drafthouse does.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
            Finally saw it and here's my take.

The production was top notch. Of course we knew that was going to be the case with the amount of money and advertisement it got.

The storyline was what left a lot to be desired. It focused too much on the old characters, and didn't go deep enough into the new one's. The guy who plays the main bad guy, was just terrible. He's not intimidating, he's not scary.

Everything was predictable in the movie, even the big death scene. As a stand alone movie it was just ok, but it was just very shallow in it's storyline.

JJ Abrams is terrible, and this looked like one of his movies. Visually stunning, great effects, but nothing below the surface. When it was announced he was going to direct it, I thought it wasn't going to go as well as it could.

I give it a 6 out of 10 at best. Entertaining at times, but just basic in terms of storyline and depth. Good action in certain points, but not enough IMO.

Well of course lol Star Wars isn't mean to do what The Revenant or The Hateful Eight are going to do. You don't watch them for the same reasons, at least I don't.

But I agree in the sense that it's not as OMFG INCREDIBLE as everyone is saying. People are only going gaga over it cause it's a new Star Wars and it is better than the prequels easily. It's a decent to solid movie IMO.

Kylo Ren was a badass, with his mask on. Once the mask came off, he was a little emo b*tch to me lol But I think Kylo Ren has more depth to him than most of the bad guys we've seen in star wars. He's got a lot more going on with him really.

Yeah I saw him killing Han coming, but I still thought it was executed well.

Comment

• people are missing the point on Kylo Ren. he is a conflicted villain. the fact he had Darth Vaders mask shows he wanted to be like Vader but was very insecure about himself. and the fact he took off the mask worked a lot better. Actors have to be able to act through their faces.

Comment

• Originally posted by Radical View Post
                people are missing the point on Kylo Ren. he is a conflicted villain. the fact he had Darth Vaders mask shows he wanted to be like Vader but was very insecure about himself. and the fact he took off the mask worked a lot better. Actors have to be able to act through their faces.
                I don't think people have a problem with how the character was written, but with the actor playing him. Everyone in the cinema laughed when he took off his mask, i don't think that was the reaction they were wanting.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                  Well of course lol Star Wars isn't mean to do what The Revenant or The Hateful Eight are going to do. You don't watch them for the same reasons, at least I don't.

But I agree in the sense that it's not as OMFG INCREDIBLE as everyone is saying. People are only going gaga over it cause it's a new Star Wars and it is better than the prequels easily. It's a decent to solid movie IMO.

Kylo Ren was a badass, with his mask on. Once the mask came off, he was a little emo b*tch to me lol But I think Kylo Ren has more depth to him than most of the bad guys we've seen in star wars. He's got a lot more going on with him really.

Yeah I saw him killing Han coming, but I still thought it was executed well.
                  I'm not trying to compare the two movies. My point is that each one can be great in it's own right, I didn't get that with Star Wars. Sorry but it was disappointing to me, shallow story line, not enough action and it depended too much on the old characters.

That's my opinion and I disagree, I don't think it was better than the prequels. It fell short of even them, it was a typical JJ Abrams movie. All flash no substance.

Comment

• Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
                    I don't think people have a problem with how the character was written, but with the actor playing him. Everyone in the cinema laughed when he took off his mask, i don't think that was the reaction they were wanting.
                    I was disappointed with hi face when i first saw it, but got over it quickly. He seemed a good actor. The character is interesting.

As for people expecting more depth... i dont think StarWars was ever that deep. It was just a big spectacular fantasy action film in space. This film nailed it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
                      Finally saw it and here's my take.

how did i know you would have a problem with the movie?

someone could give you a bag of a million dollars and you would complain about the color of the bag handle

Comment

Working...
                      X