Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 285Kid View Post
    February 23th: Ward vs. Pavlik
    April 20th: Froch vs Kessler 2

Nope. Froch-Kessler II will be a summer bout at the City Ground.

Comment

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
      he wasnt outclassed like kessler though and the scoring was kind to mikkel too, i think someone even gave him a round.
      Haha. Nice trolling.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
        Haha. Nice trolling.
        you really think it was competetive? how many rounds did you give kessler?

Comment

It would be interesting to see Ward out of his comfort zone.

He could be a genuine 'world champion.' He is that dominant he shouldn't be worried.

Who is the last top-level American to go overseas for a fight? I can only think of Tim Bradley against Witter. But at that stage he was pretty low-key anyway.

American's never mix it up.

Comment

Andre Ward would give up the WBA title rather than fight in another country.

Ali, Foreman, Lewis, the Klitschkos, Kessler, Froch, etc were willing to fight in other countries.

But it seems like Ward is not a warrior like those guys.

Comment

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
              you really think it was competetive? how many rounds did you give kessler?
              My scoring had Ward DQ'ed by round 5.

After that I was too riled up to give a proper score.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
                Andre Ward would give up the WBA title rather than fight in another country.

Ali, Foreman, Lewis, the Klitschkos, Kessler, Froch, etc were willing to fight in other countries.

But it seems like Ward is not a warrior like those guys.
                I also think that Ward would rather give up his WBA belt than risk a Kessler fight going to purseoffers. That way he can continue beating the Pavlik's of the World. I heard Jermain Taylor id next.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
                  The referee agrees with you there Warp. He went to Kessler's corner telling him he was about to get DQ'ed.

Yes.
                  So when does traveling to one country suddenly make Kessler able to handle Ward's jab or right hands? Ward used constant movement in their fight, which gave Kessler fits. Ward also fought on the inside, but Kessler didn't even bother to fight out of it.

At least you acknowledge the headbutts. Thank you.

He could also punch Ward on his rather fragile jaw.
                  1. And you failed to acknowledge my other points. There was a lot Ward did to Kessler, much like Calzaghe did, which negated him other than holding and hitting.

2. So does suddenly fighting in Denmark make Kessler's punch that much stronger? Also, Ward took shots from Froch and Abraham fine. They both hit much harder than Kessler.

What do you mean?
                  Froch held and hit Kessler constantly. That was a pretty scrappy fight, but Froch failed to make the adjustments needed to make throughout the fight. He didn't have Ward's speed either.

I think Froch is a bit better of a fighter since then though and would beat Kessler in a rematch. That's another topic though.

Everybody but Ward travelled in the s6. I'd like to see Ward challenged, and that's not going to happen in jOakland against the Kelly Pavlik's of this world.

There were numerous reasons that Ward didn't travel, but a lot of it had to do with that his opponents kept pulling out and his replacements weren't enough of a draw to fight anywhere but oakland (Green, Bika).

As for finals with Froch, Showtime's contract had it so the fight had to be held in the United States. Atlantic City is also nowhere near Oakland. That fight was fought in a neutral territory, hence why no one was there.

As for "You'd like to see Ward challenged," give me a break. Ward took way too long to step up and took four years to do so, but once he fought Miranda (a fight Kessler avoided btw) he's had one of the best resumes in boxing.

It's bullshit to say otherwise to be honest.

Comment

Originally posted by warp1432 View Post
                    So when does traveling to one country suddenly make Kessler able to handle Ward's jab or right hands? Ward used constant movement in their fight, which gave Kessler fits. Ward also fought on the inside, but Kessler didn't even bother to fight out of it.

1. And you failed to acknowledge my other points. There was a lot Ward did to Kessler, much like Calzaghe did, which negated him other than holding and hitting.
                    Kessler fought the worst fight of his life that night, but the point here is that a referee enforcing the rules of boxing, would be a major difference.

2. So does suddenly fighting in Denmark make Kessler's punch that much stronger? Also, Ward took shots from Froch and Abraham fine. They both hit much harder than Kessler.
                    Disagree and Kessler is more accurate. He fought with doublevision against Ward. Big difference.

Froch held and hit Kessler constantly. That was a pretty scrappy fight, but Froch failed to make the adjustments needed to make throughout the fight. He didn't have Ward's speed either.
                    Froch did not hit and hold like Ward did. I encourage you to rewatch.

I think Froch is a bit better of a fighter since then though and would beat Kessler in a rematch. That's another topic though.
                    Fair enough. Surprisingly I disagree.

A Kessler with full vision will not miss as many punches as he missed in the first fight. I predict a Kessler win by KO.

There were numerous reasons that Ward didn't travel, but a lot of it had to do with that his opponents kept pulling out and his replacements weren't enough of a draw to fight anywhere but oakland (Green, Bika).
                    There would have been no s6 if Ward didnt get his fights at home. That much was clear from the promotors meeting.
                    As for finals with Froch, Showtime's contract had it so the fight had to be held in the United States. Atlantic City is also nowhere near Oakland. That fight was fought in a neutral territory, hence why no one was there.
                    The fight was in the States. Not neutral at all.
                    As for "You'd like to see Ward challenged," give me a break. Ward took way too long to step up and took four years to do so, but once he fought Miranda (a fight Kessler avoided btw) he's had one of the best resumes in boxing.

It's bullshit to say otherwise to be honest.
                    A drained Dawson and an alcoholic Pavlik is not a challenge.
                    Last edited by BattlingNelson; 12-10-2012, 03:44 PM.

Comment

• Froch vs Kessler in England please

Comment

Working...
                      X