No announcement yet.

Choose the next fight for Mikey Garcia

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by glenn mcrory View Post
    The only difference I see is that you hate one guy and are a cuckold for another.
    Drop the Crawford ***** so you even atart having a semblance of an argument.
    Hate is such a strong emotional investment. I'm not hating Garcia. I'm just amused. Amused that a lot of people were buying that Spence BS for a long period of time. That's really it. He's still in my top 10 p4p, maybe even top 5. Even if that Spence move would be true, it wouldn't be smart

You, on the other hand, were getting all emotional and **** at me just for insinuating the thought that Lomachenko can... possibly....somehow...against all odds..pull victory out of his ass against Mikey. And you were like "How you dare to even think that?". I remember that dialogue so who's the fanboy here?

You dont get credit just for cleaning out a division, especially one full of, by your own admission, bums.
    Cleaning a bum division full of cans that even you are laughing at is all that needs to be said.
    Not a good division, but I wasn't calling them bums.Average, not great, yeah.

You get the credit for being consistent fighter. Dominating a division for a long time is a sign of consistency, meaning you're the man at that weight. Mikey never had any weight on lock. Crawford was the man at that weight and Mikey was switching divisions, picking on averages

Second, you get the credit for being an undisputed champion, which is a historical accomplishment, and it's related to the previous point - that's a sign of a consistent fighter who's dominating his division

So Crawford had the bum division on lock, like you say, but Mickey was jumping weightclasses more which assumes he had more options, and better variety of possible matchups, than the fighter who stayed in one division for a long time, but his resume is still on par, how that can be?

By the way, Mikey occupied that bum division as soon as Crawford cleaned it and left it

How do you even know hes actually fighting anyone at welterweight? His track record says otherwise. Half the cans in your own joke post, and Horn and Benavidez. Not hard to see whose has the double standard here.
    Crawford has more thorough approach. Dominate 140, collect all belts here, move up to WW and choose opponents of Horn level to adapt to new weight class. Seems logical. Mikey just jumping from one weight class to another, looking for and feasting on mediocre fighters there like Lipinets without establishing himself as the king of divisions where he's fighting at.

I was laughing when posters here thought that Crawford would fight someone who wasnt a can.
    By your own logic, you just thrashed Mikey's resume, because his best wins are not better. I would even say unbeaten, and smaller Gamboa is a better fighter than bigger beaten Broner who was nothing more than just a well-promoted product and the extent of that promotion wasn't correlating with his actual talent at all. And Mikey knew that. Low risk, high reward situation at it's best

What Crawford got to do with Mikey resume anyway? Even if you think his wins are bum fighters, okay you have your own opinion but he keeps it real and not screaming about fighting and moving up for Charlo or Canelo and then ends up fighting Viktor Postol or Felix Diaz instead of what he was promising, ha ha. You get it twisted, I'm making fun not of his resume, but of expectations and promises compared to the actual things coming from Mikey so that whole argument from you was pointless
    Last edited by g27region; 10-03-2018, 10:44 PM.

Comment

Garcia the talking champion

Comment

Originally posted by g27region View Post
        Hate is such a strong emotional investment. I'm not hating Garcia. I'm just amused. Amused that a lot of people were buying that Spence BS for a long period of time. That's really it. He's still in my top 10 p4p, maybe even top 5. Even if that Spence move would be true, it wouldn't be smart

You, on the other hand, were getting all emotional and **** at me just for insinuating the thought that Lomachenko can... possibly....somehow...against all odds..pull victory out of his ass against Mikey. And you were like "How you dare to even think that?". I remember that dialogue so who's the fanboy here?
        If you can't see the irony of a Crawford cheerleader going "hey guys look, a poll laughing at Garcia's joke possible options, most of which seem to be taken straight from the Greatest Hits of Terrence Crawford, then I have nothing more to add here.

Not a good division, but I wasn't calling them bums.Average, not great, yeah.

You get the credit for being consistent fighter. Dominating a division for a long time is a sign of consistency, meaning you're the man at that weight. Mikey never had any weight on lock. Crawford was the man at that weight and Mikey was switching divisions, picking on averages

Second, you get the credit for being an undisputed champion, which is a historical accomplishment, and it's related to the previous point - that's a sign of a consistent fighter who's dominating his division

So Crawford had the bum division on lock, like you say, but Mickey was jumping weightclasses more which assumes he had more options, and better variety of possible matchups, than the fighter who stayed in one division for a long time, but his resume is still on par, how that can be?

By the way, Mikey occupied that bum division as soon as Crawford cleaned it and left it
        Blah blah, all I hear is excuses about dominating kiddie puddles and why his resume sucks. We know Garcia would pummel the same cans there anyways, so why even try to big up that bum fest in the first place?
        People call Golovkin a bum for dominating a weak weightclass and not moving up. Same deal.
        But I get your side, king of bumland is not an enviable title. Undisputed has a better ring to it.

Crawford has more thorough approach. Dominate 140, collect all belts here, move up to WW and choose opponents of Horn level to adapt to new weight class. Seems logical. Mikey just jumping from one weight class to another, looking for and feasting on mediocre fighters there like Lipinets without establishing himself as the king of divisions where he's fighting at.
        Back to the double standards again.
        Crawford moves up and fights local binman for title:
        Acclimating to the weight.

Garcia moves up and fights local binman for title:
        BUMSQUAD!!!

By the way, about how many Jose Benavidez-style "acclimating" fights will we be seeing?

By your own logic, you just thrashed Mikey's resume, because his best wins are not better. I would even say unbeaten, and smaller Gamboa is a better fighter than bigger beaten Broner who was nothing more than just a well-promoted product and the extent of that promotion wasn't correlating with his actual talent at all. And Mikey knew that. Low risk, high reward situation at it's best
        So he's copying Crawford then?

What Crawford got to do with Mikey resume anyway? Even if you think his wins are bum fighters, okay you have your own opinion but he keeps it real and not screaming about fighting and moving up for Charlo or Canelo and then ends up fighting Viktor Postol or Felix Diaz instead of what he was promising, ha ha. You get it twisted, I'm making fun not of his resume, but of expectations and promises compared to the actual things coming from Mikey so that whole argument from you was pointless
        lol
        Just because you don't call anyone out doesn't give a fighter an excuse, much less someone higher ranked P4P in general, to fight literal binmen all the time. If thats fine with you, good. Go be a cheerleader somewhere else.

Comment

Ain't you getting the point at all?
          If you won't bring any new arguments to discussion, I'm going to stop answering because I can reply to all that **** using my previous message

If you can't see the irony of a Crawford cheerleader going "hey guys look, a poll laughing at Garcia's joke possible options, most of which seem to be taken straight from the Greatest Hits of Terrence Crawford, then I have nothing more to add here.
          I'm making fun not of his resume, but of expectations and promises compared to the actual things coming from Mikey
          Crawford
          keeps it real and not screaming about fighting and moving up for Charlo or Canelo and then ends up fighting Viktor Postol or Felix Diaz

Blah blah, all I hear is excuses about dominating kiddie puddles and why his resume sucks. We know Garcia would pummel the same cans there anyways, so why even try to big up that bum fest in the first place?
          People call Golovkin a bum for dominating a weak weightclass and not moving up. Same deal.
          But I get your side, king of bumland is not an enviable title. Undisputed has a better ring to it.
          A long text of nothing here. Yes, being the man at one particular division and establishing your status there is important. No, I wasn't criticising Golovkin for staying at MW I can't understand why you bring him up. A lot of great fighters never moved up. Crawford was a king of bumland, cool if that's how you want to call him. Mikey wasn't a king of anything

Let's say, Crawford and Mikey has the same resume quality-wise. The thing is, Crawford
          1) was the main guy at the weight
          2) was undisputed champion
          These two things makes him higher on p4p lists. Being undisputed should count for something
          If you want to call that division bumland, keep in mind that
          Mikey occupied that bum division as soon as Crawford cleaned it and left it

Back to the double standards again.
          Crawford moves up and fights local binman for title:
          Acclimating to the weight.

Garcia moves up and fights local binman for title:
          BUMSQUAD!!!
          Back to you not getting points of my message at all. I already explained what's the difference in that part of the message you were quoting

Crawford has more thorough approach.Dominate 140, collect all belts here, move up to WW
          Mikey just jumping from one weight class to another
          without establishing himself as the king of divisions where he's fighting
          Literally, telling you the same thing twice in this message to make sure you get it

By the way, about how many Jose Benavidez-style "acclimating" fights will we be seeing?
          I don't know, ask Bob Arum. You use some slick twisted rhetorhic, making this arguing only about quality of Crawford's resume. When the point of the thread has nothing to do with Crawford, or quality of resume. It has everything to do with Mikey promising big fights and who he ends up fighting with. I've said before, even if their resumes are even in terms of quality, there's two small differences between them. Crawford can fight million bums at WW, he already cleaned the division and collected all belts, something Mikey never done or tried to do, and that should matter. And if you use the phrase "double standarts" again I'll stop taking you seriously, because I've said the same things three times in a row in the same message to make sure you get it. Now get back to Mikey

So he's copying Crawford then?
          Bud might not have a career defining win, but he fought the best available options at the time. Mikey has the better available options, but doesn't fight them
          Just because you don't call anyone out doesn't give a fighter an excuse, much less someone higher ranked P4P in general, to fight literal binmen all the time.
          This thread is all about calling out though, what kind of excuse you can make up for a fighter who's doing that all the time but ends up fighting opponents of Crawford's level like you said. Do you think Mikey deserves extra credit compared to Crawford for his ferocious call outs?

If thats fine with you, good. Go be a cheerleader somewhere else.
          This is my thread and it's up to me to decide where I'll be cheerleading and for who. I don't get defensive when negative threads about my favorite fighters gets made. You're the guy who got super defensive about your favorite fighter (not the first time when you get defensive of Mikey) when somebody dared to criticise him on his BS call outs, and start bringing up everybody from Golovkin to Crawford, completely ignoring the point of why this thread was made in the first place, unable to answer that criticism without bringing up other resumes, keep repeating the same stuff about "double standarts" even though I keep patiently explaining you the difference between them, again and again and I can repeat it four times in a row now and after all of this, I'm a cheerleader? Man, if you won't bring anything new to discussion I'll use my old quotes for answers because even a monkey taken straight from a jungle would get the point of messages already. And the point is "Why Mikey's call outs are worse than his fights", not "Crawford's resume is way better"
          Last edited by g27region; 10-04-2018, 04:28 AM.

Comment

How about his mandatory, Luke Campbell.

Comment

The only difference I see is that you hate one guy and are a cuckold for another.
              Drop the Crawford ***** so you even atart having a semblance of an argument.

You dont get credit just for cleaning out a division, especially one full of, by your own admission, bums.
              Cleaning a bum division full of cans that even you are laughing at is all that needs to be said.

Garcia moved up to, many more times than Crawford, his move up to welterweight isnt the folklore legend your making it out to be.
              How do you even know hes actually fighting anyone at welterweight? His track record says otherwise. Half the cans in your own joke post, and Horn and Benavidez. Not hard to see whose has the double standard here.

I was laughing when posters here thought that Crawford would fight someone who wasnt a can. I just see that I was being right again so how anybody can really argue with me when I predict these things?
              try to make some sense glenn

thread is about Mikey the G. "little dog that always barks") why you bring other names in this thread?
              Last edited by Ogecca MaMa; 10-04-2018, 05:00 AM.

Comment

basically listed all the weak 140 pounders

the strongest ones are in the wbss

and mikey wants a delusional fight vs spence instead of fighting in the wbss

Comment

Although I agree with you on Mikey's BS name dropping and overrated resume, him vs Easter is a good thing. Mikey and Loma both fight around the same time and then are the only real opponents for each other in 2019. There is still potential for him to say 'no I can't deal with Arum, gonna fight Rod Salka instead' but I think they'll make the fight. Then again I thought AJ-Wilder would happen this year so wtf do I know.

Comment

These choices are not top ranked by the IBF where Garcia reigns. Why then not the other champions Jose Pedraza or Lomachenko and hope for complete unification. That is what got Crawford his status.
                    Any undisputed champion in boxing is going to be on another level.

Comment

For purely selfish reasons I would like to see him up against Burns or Crolla as it would most likely be made in the UK.

Mikey is a great talent and deserves to be more well known, given his fighting style he would be very popular over here, probably even more so than in the US.

Comment

Working...
                      X