Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Clottey-Pacquiao did not do good PPV numbers will HBO...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Clottey-Pacquiao did not do good PPV numbers will HBO...

If Clottey-Pacquiao did not do good PPV numbers will HBO want to buy another pro-Top Rank based card? I mean I understand if the card sold successfully then fine put them on again, but with the whole card being boring, and Clottey not exactly giving it his all will HBO want to work with Bob Arum again in terms of PPV unless Top Rank works with other Promo companies?

Not to mention the ****ty undercard. Top Rank working w/ GBP=ATG cards, GBP working alone= usually good, just 1 bad undercard(Pac vs DLH), Top Rank alone on HBO PPV=not worth 50 bucks.

Btw, Cotto vs Margarito was a great pro Top Rank card.

Comment

When are the PPV Buy rate coming out? Did they announce the numbers yet?

Comment

They made a killing off Pac-Cotto just recently.

Comment

Why wouldn’t HBO do so?

Right now the two dominant promotional banners are GBP and Top Rank and right now Top Rank still holds a deck of cards monopolizing boxing talent and their top dog is Manny. HBO would pay big for Pac alone.

Comment

Originally posted by jri9d0 View Post
            Why wouldn’t HBO do so?

Right now the two dominant promotional banners are GBP and Top Rank and right now Top Rank still holds a deck of cards monopolizing boxing talent and their top dog is Manny. HBO would pay big for Pac alone.
            Yeah, but would they if this fight tanked like he's talking about? Hell, Oscar fought once off PPV. And Pac should maybe do the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Iceta Lives View Post
              Yeah, but would they if this fight tanked like he's talking about? Hell, Oscar fought once off PPV. And Pac should maybe do the same.
              I’m not saying Pac shouldn’t but given the record numbers at the Cowboy stadium and the HUGE Pac following that seem to transcend cultural lines it would be hard for HBO not to do so.

Comment

They will jump at the chance to have Pacquiao under contract for both the domestic and the world market.

Comment

HBO will if Pacquiao is involved. HBO is in the Pacquiao business...

Comment

Originally posted by TBear View Post
                    They will jump at the chance to have Pacquiao under contract for both the domestic and the world market.
                    That was precisely my point….

Comment

Working...
                    X