Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you be surprised if GGG actually outboxes Canelo?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bjl12 View Post
    As usual a Gennady fan with zero insight. What a surprise.
    Oh look, a squirrel
    Man you said GGG cant box...absolutely laughable. What are you even doing on this site...

So Canelo couldnt even beat a man that "cant box". Damn he must be horrible

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
      The truth is Ward kicked his ass and made him quit....stop making excuses for him losing..bet you got one for the Alvarez loss to dont you...fact is he isnt that tough once you get inside on him
      Nah Alvarez actually knocked him out clean and it had nothing to do with Ward. Ward could only win with some type of controversy involved, its too bad. And Kovalev quit ??! Lol he doesnt seem like the quitting type to me. He got off the canvas 3 times vs Alvarez! You cant quit if the referee is prematurely stopping the fight and thats what happened in Ward vs Kov 2

Comment

Noticed ggg throwing/practising a sneaky right uppercut in the vanes fight very quick punch I beleive he will employ this punch against saul tonight. open him up more

Comment

Originally posted by kingstip9 View Post
          An average boxer ? Mate he is competing with the best fighters of his weight class and sure his fights are now competitive and close, but that’s what happens when you step up in class.
          He may not be on the level of Duran, but the overwhelming majority saw a UD in his last fight against Canelo.
          He didn’t just wade in and “outwork” him
          He jabbed, he thought, he fainted, kept Center ring and outboxed Canelo in that fight.
          You don’t need to be the worlds slickest boxer with every trick in the book to outbox an opponent.
          I couldn’t give a ***** if he didn’t bob and weave and do pull counters.
          With the moves he had, he kept Canelo guessing and cautious.
          It’s not like he went in there like Jamie Munguia and tried to tear his head off and hope to use his size.
          He strategically placed his punches and was the ring general.. with all the shots Canelo slipped, he countered minimally because of the fear of Golovkins own counters.
          Golovkin kept him at bay, and then Canelo would throw flashy combos and back pedal for the majority of the fight.. that is not going to win fights
          Dude you didn't even read the post properly, I didnt call him an average boxer. On that note, you're not worth debating with.

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad_ View Post
            Canelo's ability to keep backing off away from GGG for 12 rounds is not a reflection of any boxing skills.

GGG out boxed and beat Canelo the first time, and I will not be surprised to see him do it again. Although I think the second fight will end by KO/TKO...
            ^^^^^This. In addition you will see a much more aggressive Golovkin. IMO this fight will be the icing on the cake for Golovkin’s career, even more than his eventual unification fight with Saunders.

Comment

Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
              Post so full of damn stupid. Canelo outside of some body shots was essentially nullified while golovkin was boxing in the first 7 rounds. Canelo's strategy all night consisted of countering and flurrying. He had no pin point moves, he rarely outsmarted golovkin in the night, all his big shots came late when golovkin threw away his defense as he often does.

Golovkin was the one probing and fienting and faking the guy. What were canelo's tactics in the fight again? Counter, dodge, dodge, run, flurry. Golovkin took the counters away with fakes and fients, he took the dodging away with a consistent jab and he took away the flurries by appropriately sticking him with a jab and/or stepping back when canelo looked to mount his offensive. Canelo wasnt gassed when he was losing the majority of the first half.

Who landed the only bomb in the first 7 rounds? Golovkin, a counter he got from reading and outplaying Canelo. Canelo landed next to fuk all of actual flush, effective punches when golovkin was boxing him and not sticking his head forward, at least to the head. People see the final few rounds like rd 10 where golovkin got lit up and will actually lie like that happened all night. Canelo actually did better when golovkin became more relentless, because he stopped stepping back, he was there for the combo's and the counters because the fients werent as complex.
              I'm not entirely sure what fight you were watching, but most of what you.are saying is incorrect. GGG went from boxing to pressure fighting by the end of round 3. Watch the fight again!

He had minimum success outside the jab, lots of cuffing shots despite having Canelo on the ropes for long periods. His best boxing phases came when Canelo was inactive, although there was a sequence in round 8 where he legitimately got the better of a back and forth that didn't involve pressure.

No pinpoint moves from Canelo? Are you crazy? Forget the first 7 rounds, for the entire fight the better power shots were landed by Canelo. The better counters, the better leads, the better combinations. I had the fight scored 7-5 GGG based on activity and workrate. Of course he can box, of course he has pedigree, if he was basic he wouldnt be able to compete at this level. He is able to do the things he can, because he has decent boxing ability, with power, accuracy and a great middleweight engine.

I go back to my original point, he is an above average boxer with A level power, chin, and stamina. He isn't a very good, elite, or great boxer that some of you in here are trying to make out. If he was he wouldn't be dropping 4-5 rounds to Canelo, considering the size and strength advantages he already has.

Canelo "boxes" better overall, he is a better counter puncher, better movement, better defence, faster.

Golovkin is bigger, stronger, better engine, better feet, maybe smarter, and the jab is tremendous.

Golovkin might be the better package at 160, we will find out today. But you guys are over complicating it. He is not scientific and he is not a great boxer, he is a great overall fighter, his tangible qualities make his style work.

Comment

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
                I'm not entirely sure what fight you were watching, but most of what you.are saying is incorrect. GGG went from boxing to pressure fighting by the end of round 3. Watch the fight again!

He had minimum success outside the jab, lots of cuffing shots despite having Canelo on the ropes for long periods. His best boxing phases came when Canelo was inactive, although there was a sequence in round 8 where he legitimately got the better of a back and forth that didn't involve pressure.

No pinpoint moves from Canelo? Are you crazy? Forget the first 7 rounds, for the entire fight the better power shots were landed by Canelo. The better counters, the better leads, the better combinations. I had the fight scored 7-5 GGG based on activity and workrate. Of course he can box, of course he has pedigree, if he was basic he wouldnt be able to compete at this level. He is able to do the things he can, because he has decent boxing ability, with power, accuracy and a great middleweight engine.

I go back to my original point, he is an above average boxer with A level power, chin, and stamina. He isn't a very good, elite, or great boxer that some of you in here are trying to make out. If he was he wouldn't be dropping 4-5 rounds to Canelo, considering the size and strength advantages he already has.

Canelo "boxes" better overall, he is a better counter puncher, better movement, better defence, faster.

Golovkin is bigger, stronger, better engine, better feet, maybe smarter, and the jab is tremendous.

Golovkin might be the better package at 160, we will find out today. But you guys are over complicating it. He is not scientific and he is not a great boxer, he is a great overall fighter, his tangible qualities make his style work.
                He was just more cautious, he was not boxing any less after rd 3. Because he started to let his hands go a bit more doesnt mean he wasnt boxing. He only stopped boxing when he started marching forward. I box, your problem is you dont understand feinting and faking and outsmarting your opponent, which is the essence of outboxing, although in this regard I am using it not only as an "outboxer" winning on the outside, as golovkin was doing, but a boxer "outboxing" an opponent in the arts, being more clever, crafty, picking up the points and being defensively responsible(all of which golovkin was in the majority of the first half). Canelo learned a few tricks later in the fight which he was never consistent with though, if he can take that into the rematch he'll have a better time, a lot of his issue is he's used to imposing his speed on guys, he doesnt even know how to set up his punches really, he throws everything at max speed and power and everything is an explosive movement, it's why stamina is somewhat of an issue, golovkin on the other hand for being a caveman knows not only how to throw bombs but how to shorten punches considerably(he landed a lot of these sneaky punches on canelo which is why the landed power shots are near equal), knows how to fake much better, he showed considerably more depth, honestly, the only way you can say canelo is/was a better boxer is if you havent actually properly watched the fight, or if you really dont know what you're looking at. Being faster and flashier doesn't mean he's a smarter boxer, that's his physical advantages, and speed is a huge advantage in boxing, the best ATGs were speed demons, if you can couple it with real skill you can beat anyone, Canelo is lacking in the boxing department compared to golovkin though, lots of speed and cool defense doesn't equal a smarter fighter or better boxer.

I know you want to stay remain in your bubble so you can lie to yourself, but if you want to possibly learn something watch this video. It's decent.

Last edited by SplitSecond; 09-15-2018, 06:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DuckAdonis View Post
                  Man you said GGG cant box...absolutely laughable. What are you even doing on this site...

So Canelo couldnt even beat a man that "cant box". Damn he must be horrible
                  I think Canelo is a good fighter, but he's no ATG. Let's be serious. You could make a case he is a Top 10 JMW, maybe, but I think he's just more of an entertaining fighter with a good look and media backup.

For Canelo to be Gennady's best unofficial win at MW is laughable.

Comment

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
                    I can't believe how ignorant and misinformed most of you are. He might have outboxed him in a generic way, as in its a boxing match and you think he won, thus "outboxed" him.

But that is not how we use that term. We are talking about the nice stuff, the skillful stuff, the technical stuff, and not in a million years is Golovkin going to come out on top in that sort of contest with Canelo, nor did he in the last fight. Whenever he stood off, or the pace slowed Canelo had thinking time and used his superior hand speed, skills, and counter punching.

Golovkin used pressure, a great jab, and size. He outworked Canelo, he didn't outbox him in the slightest. So to answer the TS, yes I would be very surprised. If anything, I think he needs to go the other way, he needs to start earlier, sell out more, and take more risks. If he can start the process of wearing Canelo down earlier, he might even be able to stop him late. Try and drown him, he could get picked off and/or hurt in the process but if he doesn't want to go to the cards, and wants a conclusive ending than this is the only answer.
                    You asked the question,lmao. The answer is GGG outboxed him. Maybe you should,understand what happens in a boxing ring lol. Im in boxing gym 4x a week and its pretty clear all the way around that canelo got outboxed. Join a boxing gym,,spar,,mingle. Its ok

Comment

Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
                      He was just more cautious, he was not boxing any less after rd 3. Because he started to let his hands go a bit more doesnt mean he wasnt boxing. He only stopped boxing when he started marching forward. I box, your problem is you dont understand feinting and faking and outsmarting your opponent, which is the essence of outboxing, although in this regard I am using it not only as an "outboxer" winning on the outside, as golovkin was doing, but a boxer "outboxing" an opponent in the arts, being more clever, crafty, picking up the points and being defensively responsible(all of which golovkin was in the majority of the first half). Canelo learned a few tricks later in the fight which he was never consistent with though, if he can take that into the rematch he'll have a better time, a lot of his issue is he's used to imposing his speed on guys, he doesnt even know how to set up his punches really, he throws everything at max speed and power and everything is an explosive movement, it's why stamina is somewhat of an issue, golovkin on the other hand for being a caveman knows not only how to throw bombs but how to shorten punches considerably(he landed a lot of these sneaky punches on canelo which is why the landed power shots are near equal), knows how to fake much better, he showed considerably more depth, honestly, the only way you can say canelo is/was a better boxer is if you havent actually properly watched the fight, or if you really dont know what you're looking at. Being faster and flashier doesn't mean he's a smarter boxer, that's his physical advantages, and speed is a huge advantage in boxing, the best ATGs were speed demons, if you can couple it with real skill you can beat anyone, Canelo is lacking in the boxing department compared to golovkin though, lots of speed and cool defense doesn't equal a smarter fighter or better boxer.

I know you want to stay remain in your bubble so you can lie to yourself, but if you want to possibly learn something watch this video. It's decent.

Now i can tell you spend time in boxing gym. I think this sunny guy is just ignorant about boxing. Usually when ppl are they try and cover it with put downs etc. Great post amigo

Comment

Working...
                      X