Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does AJ deserve credit for beating Povetkin if Lomachenko didn't for beating Rigo?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 4truth View Post
    Should Joshua get full credit for defeating roid-less Povetkin, the same Povetkin who barely survived Chambers and Huck? I think this is a better question as Povetkin has fought heavier men than Joshua.
    What roids?

Comment

Originally posted by Scopedog View Post
      Who the hell doesn't give Loma credit for beating Rigo?
      The people who picked Rigo.

Comment

Originally posted by No punch power View Post
        What roids?
        The roids Povetkin put into his body...those roids.

Comment

The roids Povetkin put into his body...those roids.
          What are those roids specifically?

Comment

Loma would've clearly deserved a lot more credit than he got if he would've fought Rigo 2-3 years ago at 126 or under while Rigo was still somehow active. Rigo was way too inactive and had to jump up 2 weight divisions. Weight divisions matter and they matter a lot more at the lower weights. Rigo is a 118 fighter who fights at 122 because there were a lot of big fights there but all the fighters ducked him.

Povetkin is at a much better spot in his career right now and has been competing as a heavyweight for a long time. Joshua doesn't deserve too much credit for that fight though, but definitley more than Loma for beating Rigo.

Comment

Originally posted by Dip_Slide View Post
              Loma would've clearly deserved a lot more credit than he got if he would've fought Rigo 2-3 years ago at 126 or under while Rigo was still somehow active. Rigo was way too inactive and had to jump up 2 weight divisions. Weight divisions matter and they matter a lot more at the lower weights. Rigo is a 118 fighter who fights at 122 because there were a lot of big fights there but all the fighters ducked him.

Povetkin is at a much better spot in his career right now and has been competing as a heavyweight for a long time. Joshua doesn't deserve too much credit for that fight though, but definitley more than Loma for beating Rigo.
              Lomachenko fought a 37 year old Rigondeaux. Whilst Joshua is going to fight an older 38+ year old Povetkin with a far bigger weight advantage. Povetkin has also been relatively inactive lately too.

Why does weight difference matter more in the lower weight divisions?

And for what reason would you give Joshua more credit for beating Povetkin, than Lomachenko for beating Rigondeaux?

Comment

What are those roids specifically?
                I cannot tell you specifically which drugs Povetkin has used other than Ostarine and Meldonium. That he failed 2 tests tells me that he is not above using PEDS and his physical appearance and performance suggests to me that it started after he nearly lost to Huck. After his near loss to a cruiserweight he dumped Teddy Atlas as his trainer and went with Russian trainers.

Comment

I cannot tell you specifically which drugs Povetkin has used other than Ostarine and Meldonium. That he failed 2 tests tells me that he is not above using PEDS and his physical appearance and performance suggests to me that it started after he nearly lost to Huck. After his near loss to a cruiserweight he dumped Teddy Atlas as his trainer and went with Russian trainers.
                  Ostarine and Meldonium aren't steroids.

If you can't tell exactly what steroids Povetkin used, then why are you claiming Povetkin used steroids?

If Povetkin used steroids, then why hasn't his body weight changed and why has it remained the same throughout his boxing career, including even now?

Comment

Ostarine and Meldonium aren't steroids.

If you can't tell exactly what steroids Povetkin used, then why are you claiming Povetkin used steroids?

If Povetkin used steroids, then why hasn't his body weight changed and why has it remained the same throughout his boxing career, including even now?
                    I'm aware that neither of the products that Povetkin actually tested positive for are steroids. Povetkins body has changed as has his performance and power.

Comment

I'm aware that neither of the products that Povetkin actually tested positive for are steroids. Povetkins body has changed as has his performance and power.
                      I've seen a lot of people say his body has changed over the years but see I evidence of it at all. When exactly did this transformation happen?

Comment

Working...
                      X