Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Pacquiao be back on the P4P list if he beats Thurman?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oh definitely. The winner of this fight flies back into the top 10 easy

Comment

Originally posted by John Locke View Post
      oh definitely. The winner of this fight flies back into the top 10 easy
      I don't think Thurman gets into the top 10 if he beats a 40 year old Pacquiao. Thurman fought his early career at 154, but 147 is the only weight class that he fought at an elite level and became a champion.

I think it's a long shot that Thurman ever wins a title at 154.

Comment

Pac is a legend of the sport and he's already above of everyone in that list.

Comment

Pac-Man fought a Jeff horn who came in the ring 160 plus also used rough house tactics against manny like wrestling, elbows and headbuts !! PAC still managed to rearrange his face and almost KoD him out in the 9th or 10th the Aussie was on ice for over a min plus taking hard shots any other country they stop it . KT is totally opposite fighter of horn and he is not even close to the guy we called onetime it’s more like Halftime!!! Half the fighter he used to beat last fight he was totally shot and almost got KoD by a little JL not fast punch combo fighter like pac . PAC wins easy UD or late TKO .

Comment

Yes, I think that's fair. Ive thought Pac was finished. If he comes out and beats Keith (beat him consensus. Not a shady points win) then he'll be in my top 10

Comment

Originally posted by South Champion View Post
              I don't think Thurman gets into the top 10 if he beats a 40 year old Pacquiao. Thurman fought his early career at 154, but 147 is the only weight class that he fought at an elite level and became a champion.

You can say that about most fighters though. They always drop a weight class when they go pro. Errol Spence fought here in Toronto a few years ago (we have same day weigh in) and he came in at 156lbs

Comment

Originally posted by South Champion View Post

Most fighters fights a few pounds above their weight when they first turn pro, Thurman never weighed in above 152 and that was only cos Quintana's team wanted it.

Most fighters in the top 10 P4P right now don't have as good a resume as Thurman. Porter and Garcia are A level wins, in their primes, with no controversy. Add an ATG to that, whom most people still think will win this fight despite the age, then you can't name me 10 fighters more proven than Thurman in the sport today.

Comment

Pacquiao beat Thurman, and I think he did enough to get back onto the P4P top ten.

Comment

Working...
                  X