I think we can all agree it's high time to make Whyte vs Ortiz happen

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think we can all agree it's high time to make Whyte vs Ortiz happen

They are both available.
    And I don't think Ortiz has any promotional restrictions, whatsoever.

I agree

Be fun to see Ortiz get ko'd again

Comment

Yes, it is. No brainer, really.

Comment

Yep, I hope the corrupt WBC sanction the fight as an interim. So the winner don't have to be "Frozen" out by Wilder for 2 years like he said he would.

Comment

Good shout. Now Brezeale, Wilder and AJ are busy this fight makes perfect sense. Not sure if theres much money in it though, which is the only obstacle for me. Whyte has got used to fat pay cheques recently.

Comment

I agree. But I doubt it will happen any time soon.

I also agree Luis Ortiz is the man to beat to get to top 5 in the division. I'm also wondering why others in the top 10 are not rushing to fight Ortiz. He's really not that scary. Ask Hammer.

Comment

Originally posted by redmish View Post
              Good shout. Now Brezeale, Wilder and AJ are busy this fight makes perfect sense. Not sure if theres much money in it though, which is the only obstacle for me. Whyte has got used to fat pay cheques recently.
              He made 1M for Joseph Parker so 1.2M should be good for him

Comment

This fight will never happen, Whyte for some reason doesn’t want the fight

Comment

Originally posted by genrick View Post
                  They are both available.
                  And I don't think Ortiz has any promotional restrictions, whatsoever.
                  It seems like a good fight and a logical fight but the people who could make it are not making it. Maybe they can't agree on the money each side gets which s a reason lots of fights never get made. If both sides are not satisfied with the money then there is no fight. Whyte drives a hard bargain and turned down a shot at AJ's title because he did not think they were offering him enough money. Maybe one boxer or the other does not think they would win although they would never admit it.

Comment

Would love to see this fight. Could see either guy getting knocked out. If the WBC will sanction it for the interim title, both guys have a lot of incentive to take the fight because the winner would get a much bigger split in a purse bid with Wilder than a normal mandatory would get.

Comment

Working...
                    X