Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golden Boy Prez: Canelo Has Options, GGG is Not Most Deserving!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by alexnation View Post
    I'm pretty sure the 3rd fight was in the contract so he shouldn't have any flexibility.
    You are probably right...I can't really imagine DAZN paying them, especially Canelo, all that money and not having some say in who they fight...especially when the first fight and rematch were both hugely successful...DAZN has to be pushing for that fight and they have to have a lot of pull.

All of this stuff makes for interesting theatre though lol

Comment

Just seems like the usual promoter posturing. Expecting to see more articles like this w/ Golden Boy puffing out their chests, but I think it'll inevitably get signed. DAZN signs the checks & their MO is to drive subscribers, so I think they find a way to get it across the goal line. GBP & Canelo probably just miffed Golovkin is trying to steer it away from Vegas (good luck with that). I think it's 1-0-1 in favor of Golovkin, but they were close ass fights & I'd probably make Canelo the slight favorite to win the 3rd. Hope it happens sooner rather than later--if nothing else they make for an entertaining style clash.

Comment

Originally posted by Jab jab boom View Post
        not many people (other than Canelo groupies) feel that Canelo win both fights clearly... At all. But hey, if ggg is a bum fighter and overhyped, then Canelo musg be too. I mean, why can't he convincingly beat this 36 yr old scrub? He was able to dominate other low level guys like Kirkland, angulo, Liam Smith, but struggles with the old man. Odd. Guess he's overrated too.
        “I was fortunate to return to the sport with one title still in my possession. It was enough to make me an active champion and why Pacquiao (who holds a WBA secondary title) considered and picked me for this fight. Let’s say I didn’t have this belt, he could’ve overlooked me to fight another titlist, or anyone in the top five at welterweight and it would’ve been a great fight.”

Thurman understands..

Comment

Originally posted by alexnation View Post
          I don't know for a fact, that's why I didn't say that. Canelo-GGG is one of the very few ways to gain more subscribers right now, which DAZN desperately needs to continue their journey. I don't see how DAZN would offer Canelo the contract of that size without a rematch clause
          "I don't see how DAZN would offer Canelo the contract of that size without a rematch clause."

There are two major reasons. The first is that DAZN was in a bidding war for Canelo's services with no recognition in the American market and little leverage over ESPN and other established players like Showtime. The second is that they had not yet signed Golovin who was shopping around and talking with Showtime and ESPN. DAZN would have been stupid to put a clause mandating a fight with Golovkin at that time because if Golovkin signed with someone other than DAZN it would cost them millions of bucks with little or no return.

Comment

Originally posted by BeLikeWater View Post
            I agree g is out of his mind thinking he calls the shots. Should have fought andrade but too scared. I think andrade could have upset him.

But andrade isn't really a big deal himself aside from the title. He needs to stop fighting Bums and kick it into high gear. Good option for nelo instead of g though.
            Great insights bro, my guess is although Andrade would out box him, I often wonder if he could make it dramatic enough to escape the robbery. He is not a KO Artist and GGG’s chin is the only thing that has lived up to the hype so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Verus View Post
              "I don't see how DAZN would offer Canelo the contract of that size without a rematch clause."

There are two major reasons. The first is that DAZN was in a bidding war for Canelo's services with no recognition in the American market and little leverage over ESPN and other established players like Showtime. The second is that they had not yet signed Golovin who was shopping around and talking with Showtime and ESPN. DAZN would have been stupid to put a clause mandating a fight with Golovkin at that time because if Golovkin signed with someone other than DAZN it would cost them millions of bucks with little or no return.
              as far as I remember, when DAZN signed Canelo they had been talking to GGG already. It just made sense for all the parties to have GGG go with DAZN - they needed the megafight and GGG was looking for a way to cash out soon.

Comment

Personally don’t have much interest in a third fight, would much rather see a Canelo/Andrade scrap for all the marbles, or even Canelo vs Smith at SMM...although DAZN will most likely have other ideas unfortunately.

Comment

Canelo has fought a lot of good fighters some he did not have to, but if he waits any longer to give GGG a DESERVED 3rd fight it be a stain on his legacy.No reason not to fight him NEXT and I would pick him to finally get a LEGIT win vs GGG, but if he waits it will mean nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by Htown-Finest View Post
                    Yep
                    Canelo can do what and when he wants. It will work out at end for fans tho. GGG himself can move weight class and what I want is fight with Andrade

I would like GGG vs PBC fighters or whom want to move up to fight him

Canelo GGG 3 will happen ultimately. Buddy has to wait until canelo decides to let the dogs out
                    Haymon must have told ggg that he would have to fight Jermall. I don’t think ggg wants any part of a serious middleweight not named Canelo

Comment

• Originally posted by alexnation View Post
                      as far as I remember, when DAZN signed Canelo they had been talking to GGG already. It just made sense for all the parties to have GGG go with DAZN - they needed the megafight and GGG was looking for a way to cash out soon.
                      Both of us are just speculating as to what specifically is in the contract with Canelo, but we know the following: 1) Golden Boy and Canelo have both stated that the contract does not call for Canelo having to fight any specific fighter and 2) DAZN has not refuted that very public claim. If Canelo and DAZN had agreed to have such a clause in the contract, DAZN would have so stated or Golovkin would have said that he was guaranteed a fight with Canelo before he signed with DAZN.

Comment

Working...
                      X