Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn: Joshua's A Little Relieved That The Pressure's Gone Now

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by THEFRESHBRAWLER View Post
    Same people whove been covering boxing for the last 20+ yrs lol. There is no rematch in the UK unless Al says so. Hearn doesn’t run the show
    We don't know what's in the contract, so let's not act like we do.

Personally, I'm hoping the rematch is in Vegas. All the Brits who came to NYC would reach Vegas, and it'd be more accessible for the Mexicans and Mexican Americans.

Comment

Originally posted by theaside View Post
      I didn't like how he looked relieved after the fight at all. I was thinking the same thing watching his post fight interview, idk if he was concussed or what but the guy seemed way too happy to lose a HUGE fight like this.

I'm starting to think he's a little TOO nice to be Heavyweight champion, yeah he does have that killer instinct in the ring when he gets his opponent hurt but I would like to see a little anger out of AJ when hes in those firefights in the middle of the ring.
      Reminds me a lot of Victor Ortiz.

Comment

Eddie should allow AJ to lick his wounds and reflect on the manner of his defeat, rather than spouting this rubbish.
        It's strength of character that will determine whether AJ will return to the top, as it has for almost every single fighter out there, from all time greats to journeymen.
        It's no disgrace to lose a fight but he was comprehensively beaten by Ruiz.
        Saying it's an immense sense relief to have lost may have been the case if he was narrowly beaten on points but the only relief was that the referee called a halt to the action before AJ was seriously hurt.
        Give that gob a holiday Eddie...

Comment

Originally posted by theaside View Post
          I didn't like how he looked relieved after the fight at all. I was thinking the same thing watching his post fight interview, idk if he was concussed or what but the guy seemed way too happy to lose a HUGE fight like this.

I'm starting to think he's a little TOO nice to be Heavyweight champion, yeah he does have that killer instinct in the ring when he gets his opponent hurt but I would like to see a little anger out of AJ when hes in those firefights in the middle of the ring.
          Yeah, I posted in a previous thread that he seemed to have a sense of relief when they spoke to him after the fight. He also seemed genuinely happy for Ruiz. He's a classy guy and maybe he felt like it was better to lose to a fellow nice guy than a bitter rival. Regardless it's not a reaction you normally see in a fighter, let alone the champ.

Comment

Lmfaooo

Get outta here man

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
              Some of this "pressure" was created by Joshua! First, the flat-fee offer, then he did NOT have "interest" in "conquering America," then there's Wilder vs. Fury, then he comes to MSG to Canelo vs. Fielding, then he suddenly has interest in MSG, then Miller pops for PEDs, then the show is in danger, then he hopes Wilder doesn't do better vs. Breazeale than he did, then Wilder KOs Breazeale and is all over SportCenter, then he picks a fat pitbull by mistake, and then its Round 7! It's a comedy of errors!
              U said it all for me! But the fat pittbull was spot on! Lmao!

Comment

I think it was fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by rolshans View Post

Check ESPN my guy. Or Yahoo Sports. Or watch Sportscenter. Everyone is covering this event. The biggest event of the year by far.

And the rematch will be twice as big.
                  Joshua vs Ruiz was the “biggest event of the year”? What are you from some alternate dimension???

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
                    He's not in that situation though. He can get back to where he was in the rematch.
                    He can't. He can still win big fights because he's powerful, but he cant take a shot. Tha aura has gone and every decent fighter believes they have a chance. It's no longer a question of, if he gets stopped, it's when.

Comment

Originally posted by rolshans View Post

Check ESPN my guy. Or Yahoo Sports. Or watch Sportscenter. Everyone is covering this event. The biggest event of the year by far.

And the rematch will be twice as big.
                      theyre only covering it because it was a huge upset

Comment

Working...
                      X