Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sources: DAZN is close to 1 million subs

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some interesting stuff, I'm a fan of hearing about the business side of boxing and the Going On behind the scenes and what is the future of the sport as far as streaming.

OTT Deals are the future not Network Deals. Who knows one day maybe AMAZON starts to show Live Boxing exclusively for PRIME Account Holders which has like 100 Million Subscribers

Honestly it is better this way that fans don't know how many Subscribers and they don't now how many watched so that we can FOCUS ON THE FIGHTS! Too much focus on Ratings, PPV Buys and Purses now and So Called Boxing Fans wanting certain Boxing Events to Fail You don't see this in no other Sport!
    Last edited by sicko; 04-28-2019, 12:38 PM.

Comment

DZNUTS is doing them numbers!

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
        It's like getting Netflix, Hulu or any other streaming service. But I hear you that is their biggest challenge is getting the word out they brand new in the US only been around since like Oct. But 1 mil subscribers this fast is damn good. And if you a boxing fan with all the fighters they have and fights they putting on I can't see why you wouldn't subscribe.
        So I have Netflix with my cable server. Can I just call them and get DAZN? If I can, I abso****inglutely will....

Comment

Originally posted by just the facts View Post
          I'm no PBC shill. But it's obvious your a DAZN cogsugger.

Can you read? In my original post, I asked you if DAZN was losing their ass on a SHORT TERM basis. I did the math using your numbers.
          You know the answers... I gave you the expectation for Canelo Jacobs growth for May. Canelo Alvarez, given PPV history, the “Mexican dates” are factors for buys that benefit DAZN. We can talk June, July, August etc... and the other Canelo date.. DAZN is also expanding is MMA.

Exponential growth dude. Tbh, I prefer the “85K subs” stuff and the skeptic sustainability by the LDBC DAZN haters. It’s obvious where forum members here get their informationz

Comment

I'm no PBC shill. But it's obvious your a DAZN cogsugger.

Can you read? In my original post, I asked you if DAZN was losing their ass on a SHORT TERM basis. I did the math using your numbers.
            DAZN would have clearly budgeted for deficits in the first few years, its not as if they expected to have the boxing budget self-fund for day one. They're likely not looking to break even for 5 years.

Comment

So I have Netflix with my cable server. Can I just call them and get DAZN? If I can, I abso****inglutely will....
              What? So you have a netflix channel on your tv?

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie2Jabs View Post
                You know the answers... I gave you the expectation for Canelo Jacobs growth for May. Canelo Alvarez, given PPV history, the “Mexican dates” are factors for buys that benefit DAZN. We can talk June, July, August etc... and the other Canelo date.. DAZN is also expanding is MMA.

Exponential growth dude. Tbh, I prefer the “85K subs” stuff and the skeptic sustainability by the LDBC DAZN haters. It’s obvious where forum members here get their informationz
                Rather than being a prick and accusing me of dumb shyte, why couldn't you have just said yes DAZN is losing money in the short term but with the arrow pointing up and some really good fights coming in the near future things are looking up? You're not doing DAZN any favors coming across as an *******.

I'm technologically handicapped. Can I just call my cable provider to get DAZN?

Comment

Originally posted by lizard_man View Post
                  What? So you have a netflix channel on your tv?
                  He’s probably referring to a Smart TV generation that has those Netflix built app in its interface like many.

Comment

This weekend on DAZN you had TJ/Roman unification
                    Estrada/SSR Rematch
                    Prograis and Donaire WBSS Semi final fights

Coming up you got

Canelo/Jacobs
                    Barachyk/Taylor
                    Rodriguez/Inoue
                    Usyk/Takam
                    Anthony Joshua
                    GGG/Rolls
                    Glowacki/Briedis
                    Dorticos/Tabiti

And that's just what's for the next what 6 weeks? And you get all the undercards every fight included. And they have more cards listed then this I just named.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie2Jabs View Post
                      He’s probably referring to a Smart TV generation that has those Netflix built app in its interface like many.
                      That's not something you have to call your cable provider for

Comment

Working...
                      X