No announcement yet.

Cheap shot-Two high school football players

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by New England View Post
    as far as i can tell, they're not allowed to make calls outside of offsides, out of bounds, etc.
    This illustrates the importance of knowing at least a little bit about the sport before commenting. The referee has the responsibility of making the decisions in a match, including decisions as to whether or not a play was offside or "out of bounds" (ugh).

They do however confer with the assistant referees frequently and rely on them to spot things they are unable to. The assistants signal with the flag if there has been a foul or if something else is going on.

The referee will sometimes ignore a flagged foul and play advantage if it's deemed that pulling back play would put the team at a greater disadvantage than continuing. Referees have to read the game, not just throw balled up pairs of socks at offenders.

Comment

as far as i can tell, they're not allowed to make calls outside of offsides, out of bounds, etc.

just be glad that americans don't find soccer important enough to push genuine american talent toward the sport. we'll leave you feeling slow, small, and inadequate with your missus.

Lol.You couldn't please my wife lol.Not even if you washed 1000's of dishes,i've tried it before.Your 6 inch tallywhacker doesn't fool anyone N.E

All in the thrust baby!

And yes,i just looked up in the fifa rule book that they're taking bribes.

Comment

I'll just leave this here

Comment

there are several referees in a high school football game. those imbeciles are aware of that reality. it's not because they're threatening the game that they're imbeciles

you sound silly for calling them "imbeciles" for a non-issue. the issue is that they smashed into a referee, not that he's the only ref on a football field and the game can't continue
          It was figurative, not literal. The point being, if every player took the game into their own hands, they wouldn't have a game. And yes, they are imbeciles, first class meatheads in the making.

Others have addressed the rest of your post.

Comment

just be glad that americans don't find soccer important enough to push genuine american talent toward the sport. we'll leave you feeling slow, small, and inadequate with your missus.
            What made you aware of that? Just a guess I'm sure.

Yeah we're all glad you don't "push your american talent" into 'soccer'. There's a reason tennis, cricket, volleyball, and hockey all have more fans than football...

Comment

Working...
            X