Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which 168 Fighter Is More Athletically Gifted? Degale, Dirrell, Ward, Froch?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dirrell...hands down!!!...but his heart and brain don't like each other!!...if he can EVER get those two on the same page he'd be a SERIOUS problem...almost impossible to beat imo

Comment

It's Dirrell he just sucks lol. Ward is the most skilled but that's not necessarily athleticism. DeGale would be second, but between Ward, Groves and Froch, just let the chips fall where they may.

Comment

Probably Direll. He is very fast both feet and hands + he is a big man.

Talent wise, Ward and DeGale are in the same category.

Froch has a biggest heart and determination.

Groves used to have a trainer who got him to his maximum.

Comment

It's Ward now that I think about it. It's more pivoting; finding the right angles, as well as putting serious mustard behind his punches and in doing all that he stills get his punches off very fast. Don't even need to mention how quick he is at closing the gap.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor_Tenma View Post
            It's Ward now that I think about it. It's more pivoting; finding the right angles, as well as putting serious mustard behind his punches and in doing all that he stills get his punches off very fast. Don't even need to mention how quick he is at closing the gap.
            The things you have listed are skills in my opinion. Ok to close a gap quick you need fast feet, but most of everything there is skill, pivoting well is a skill, finding angles is a skill.

Comment

Originally posted by Simurgh View Post
              Probably Direll. He is very fast both feet and hands + he is a big man.

Talent wise, Ward and DeGale are in the same category.

Froch has a biggest heart and determination.

Groves used to have a trainer who got him to his maximum.

That's bold.
              I don't wanna bitching about it but why you see on this way?
              I think DeGale is solid, agile and technical but Ward is on an other level and would beat him with ease.

Comment

Originally posted by HEND View Post
                That's bold.
                I don't wanna bitching about it but why you see on this way?
                I think DeGale is solid, agile and technical but Ward is on an other level and would beat him with ease.
                DeGale didn't hit his peak (still improving), but the things he does are impressive so far.

He is not the quickest, strongest or hardest punching boxer, but many things he does, he does exceptionally well.

First, his sense of space and timing are second to none. He was boxing Direll (very fast boxer) with his hands way down for most of the fight. He timed Direll perfectly (although DeGale might be slower than Direll).

Variety of his punches inside or outside is outstanding. He can hit you with pretty much every punch from the book.

He is very tricky, atypical in the way how he does things. It's almost impossible to read him.

He is one of the rare fighters who can box inside just as well as Ward if not better.

I hope we get to see DeGale-Ward. I am not saying that DeGale would necessary beat Ward, but I guarantee you it would be Ward's toughest fight. If DeGale keeps improving as he is doing right know in a year or so, it's 50:50 fight for me (and that's if Ward is still at his prime).

I take DeGale over any other SMW right now, as against all LHW apart from Kovalev. I also think he beats Golovkin.

Comment

Just watching highlights of this lot should settle it.(Froch highlight is beast btw)

Comment

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
                    The things you have listed are skills in my opinion. Ok to close a gap quick you need fast feet, but most of everything there is skill, pivoting well is a skill, finding angles is a skill.
                    I added "and in doing that he still gets his punches off very fast". That's athleticism, I could also bring up the fact that Ward's upper body movement is visibly faster than Dirrell's, certainly more flexible.

Comment

Originally posted by Simurgh View Post
                      DeGale didn't hit his peak (still improving), but the things he does are impressive so far.

He is not the quickest, strongest or hardest punching boxer, but many things he does, he does exceptionally well.

First, his sense of space and timing are second to none. He was boxing Direll (very fast boxer) with his hands way down for most of the fight. He timed Direll perfectly (although DeGale might be slower than Direll).

Variety of his punches inside or outside is outstanding. He can hit you with pretty much every punch from the book.

He is very tricky, atypical in the way how he does things. It's almost impossible to read him.

He is one of the rare fighters who can box inside just as well as Ward if not better.

I hope we get to see DeGale-Ward. I am not saying that DeGale would necessary beat Ward, but I guarantee you it would be Ward's toughest fight. If DeGale keeps improving as he is doing right know in a year or so, it's 50:50 fight for me (and that's if Ward is still at his prime).

I take DeGale over any other SMW right now, as against all LHW apart from Kovalev. I also think he beats Golovkin.

Okay, I understand and respect your opinion, I don't necessary share it though. I think Ward would beat him, not 50-50 but I also think that if he will continue to improve he will be a problem to everyone.
                      Ward's toughest challenge? I don't know yet, I'm not convinced that he is better than the prime Froch and Dawson was also looked very good when he fought against Ward. But maybe the future will tell us if you're right.

Comment

Working...
                      X